+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Warpest - 42 Tempest/32 Warlord/2 Paragon -raid ready ST melee/ranged hybrid

Rift Disciple

Default Warpest - 42 Tempest/32 Warlord/2 Paragon -raid ready ST melee/ranged hybrid

Here is another hybrid that I've been working on. This spec/rotation works very well from both full ranged <30 meters> as well as melee. What I mean by this is that sustained dps is competitive from both ranged <avg 22.4k> and melee <avg 26.5k> to what we're forced to use 2 specs for currently, combined into one.

If you've tried this from the discussion thread, I've added another piercing thrust into the rotation <while in melee> which has stabilized its dps above 26k more reliably. Give it another try with the newest rotation listed below.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzgBGxA0...vlhVM0cM00drvM

Macros:

Macro1:

#show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast King of the HIll
    cast Delayed Pulse
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Shock Pulse

Macro2:

#show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Arc
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Electricity Blast

Rotation: (Rotation is exactly the same for both melee and ranged up to 30meters)

Start with 3 attack points:

1. Battle Surge ->
    2. Macro 1x3 (this results in 4 attack points)* -> Macro 2x4 -> Skyfall -> Lightning Torrent -> Skyfall**

Repeat 2 until boss is dead.

Rotation Skill Breakdown in melee:

1. Battle Surge ->
    2. Piercing Thrust -> King of the Hill -> Delayed Pulse (shock pulse*) -> Shock Pulse -> Arc -> Piercing Thrust -> Charged Pulse -> Double Pulse -> Electricity Blast -> Skyfall -> Lightning Torrent -> Skyfall (Battle Surge**)

Rotation Skill Breakdown for Ranged:

1. Battle Surge ->
    2. Delayed Pulse (shock pulse*) -> Shock Pulse -> Shock Pulse -> Arc -> Charged Pulse -> Double Pulse -> Electricity Blast -> Skyfall -> Lightning Torrent -> Skyfall (Battle Surge**)

Note: Firing 2 point skyfall every time through but rotation is lined up.

* Shock Pulse will cast every other rotation when Delayed Pulse is on cooldown
    ** Replace Skyfall every 3rd rotation with Battle Surge

Parses are in dummy foundry with standard test gear/no consumables.

What to expect Melee:

Poor:
    http://i.imgur.com/6Lk4SIk.jpg

Average:
    http://i.imgur.com/juO1mW7.jpg

Good:
    http://i.imgur.com/Q5EozNU.jpg

What to expect from full 30 meter range:

Average:
    http://i.imgur.com/dvoVTvZ.jpg

This spec provides both ranged and melee option rolled into 1 spec. I suggest staying in melee as much as possible for max dps but if you have to drop out of melee oh well, you're protected at a dps loss. Should be useful for high target swapping fights or as a beefy <extra hps/resist> progression/bordem spec.

Anyhow, I hope some find it useful.

Zvas
    White Fang
    Last edited by ZevusGreybriar; 11-26-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

This is only if you find Macro 2 firing anything prior to Piercing thrust after Arc <charged or electricity blast>.

To avoid casting Electricity Blast before Piercing Thurst in Macro 2, I've broken down the macro into 2 parts. This should not matter unless you have bad latency, as piercing will become available during the gcd between arc and charged pulse.

Macro 2:

#show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Arc
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Charged Pulse

Macro 3:

#show Double Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Electricity Blast

Making rotation:

Rotation: (Rotation is exactly the same for both melee and ranged up to 30meters)

Start with 3 attack points:

1. Battle Surge ->
    2. Macro 1x3 (this results in 4 attack points)* -> Macro 2x3 -> Macro 3x1 -> Skyfall -> Lightning Torrent -> Skyfall**

Zvas
    White Fang
    Last edited by ZevusGreybriar; 11-26-2013 at 09:41 AM.

How energy starved are ya?
    Erik
    Guild Leader of Silky Venom

www.silkyvenom.info

Rift Disciple

Thank you for this.

If I wanted to take Into the Breach (Warlord charge), where would you suggest would be the best place to take a point from?

Quote Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
    Thank you for this.

If I wanted to take Into the Breach (Warlord charge), where would you suggest would be the best place to take a point from?
    Trained Defense

Rift Disciple

This rotation is somewhat power starved. Firing 3 ogcd abilities per 15 seconds eats power rather quickly. I can run 2 minutes in dimension and a little over 3 minutes on PTS. For longer parsing, I remove the piercing thrust from macro 1. This allows for much longer parsing at the loss of 1 ogcd skill per 15 seconds. Since it is fairly light hitter you can get a feel for what the dps will be when adding it back in.

It will run all day long from range if I remember correctly, as you use 2 less ogcd abilities per 15 seconds.

Solaxys is correct, you'd want to take points out of trained defenses if you want to add utility.

Sorry for lack of response, for whatever reason I could not log into rift forums to post for the past 2 days.

Zvas
    White Fang
    Last edited by ZevusGreybriar; 11-28-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Why two points in paragon if you do not use RH?

What am I missing? You have macro 1x3, but then you have,

2. Piercing Thrust -> King of the Hill -> Delayed Pulse (shock pulse*) -> Shock Pulse ->

Isn't that 4? Should that last Shock Pulse be there?

Or should it be macro 1x4? With 1x3 I do not see how you get 4 attack points.

Confusion!
    Last edited by Foehammer25; 12-01-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Rift Disciple

2 Points in Paragon because there isn't a better place to put them.

You end up with 4 attack points from macro 1 while in melee by casting an extra shock pulse. The reason for this is to spread the Piercing Thrusts apart enough to get the second Piercing Thrust in before Charged Pulse so you get 3 attack points for first skyfall. It is also there because you won't be getting the Piercing Thrust from ranged, and will need that extra shock pulse to get to 3 attack points for arc. I was not counting the ogcd attack, piercing thrust, as an 'extra' button press. Technically, it is macro1x4. But you'll want to rapid fire the first 2 press' to fire both the off global cooldown <piercing thrust> and king of the hill, in the same global cooldown while in melee.

The same is the case for marco 2. 1 press for Arc, 1 for piercing, 1 for charged, 1 for double, 1 for electricity blast. So that will be macro2 x5. Again I didn't count the press for ogcd, piercing thrust, here either. I guess I should have made that clear, I was counting GCDs as presses, not actual skills. I did this to make it understandable for both ranged and melee. In melee you have to press macro 1 x 4, macro2 x 5. Ranged would be macro 1x3 and macro 3x4.

I gave a rotation breakdown so people can see what needs to fire before moving on to finishers after macro1 and macro2 from melee. From ranged you won't fire any piercing thrusts <melee skill only>.

If this is still confusing I would suggest making your own macro's that make sense to you based on the rotation breakdown by ability.

Zvas
    White Fang

Quote Originally Posted by ZevusGreybriar View Post
    2 Points in Paragon because there isn't a better place to put them.

You end up with 4 attack points from macro 1 while in melee by casting an extra shock pulse. The reason for this is to spread the Piercing Thrusts apart enough to get the second Piercing Thrust in before Charged Pulse so you get 3 attack points for first skyfall. It is also there because you won't be getting the Piercing Thrust from ranged, and will need that extra shock pulse to get to 3 attack points for arc. I was not counting the ogcd attack, piercing thrust, as an 'extra' button press. Technically, it is macro1x4. But you'll want to rapid fire the first 2 press' to fire both the off global cooldown <piercing thrust> and king of the hill, in the same global cooldown while in melee.

The same is the case for marco 2. 1 press for Arc, 1 for piercing, 1 for charged, 1 for double, 1 for electricity blast. So that will be macro2 x5. Again I didn't count the press for ogcd, piercing thrust, here either. I guess I should have made that clear, I was counting GCDs as presses, not actual skills. I did this to make it understandable for both ranged and melee. In melee you have to press macro 1 x 4, macro2 x 5. Ranged would be macro 1x3 and macro 3x4.

I gave a rotation breakdown so people can see what needs to fire before moving on to finishers after macro1 and macro2 from melee. From ranged you won't fire any piercing thrusts <melee skill only>.

If this is still confusing I would suggest making your own macro's that make sense to you based on the rotation breakdown by ability.

Zvas
    White Fang
    Ok. Just to make sure though....

While using macro 1, after you get to 3 attack points you need to still cast 1 more shock pulse to wait for piercing thrust to come off cooldown. For macro 2, you just press the macro until you get to 3 attack points.

When in range, you just use each macro until 3 attack points.

Is this correct?

Edit. No that is not correct about range. because you need to cast skyfall after just two attack points (DP doesn't give an attack point).
    Last edited by Foehammer25; 12-01-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Rift Disciple

That is all correct. You will build a 4th attack point while in melee from macro1, this is to make piercing thrust available for macro 2 which is to give you 3 attack points for skyfall.

At ranged macro 2 will only give 2 attack points before moving to skyfall. While Macro1 will give 3 attack points instead of 4.

Its odd, I know, but its what works best. It produces roughly 500 dps more than only using 1 piercing thrust in the melee rotation. It also allows for the use of the same rotation for both melee and ranged.

Zvas
    White Fang
    Last edited by ZevusGreybriar; 12-01-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Telaran

Bumping cause this build's wicked.
    Skep

Shadowlander

I thought calculating talent improves finishers and attack ONLY after a block? at least thats what i understood after reading its tooltip.

Rift Disciple

Calculating: Increases the damage on finishers (6%) and attacks that must follow a block (6%). We take it in this spec solely for the finishers bonus. We cannot block with this point allocation, nor do we have the skills that must follow a block (backhand/arterial strike).

Zvas
    White Fang

Rift Disciple

A couple of notes about this Warpest spec.

I've found the Tempest crystal to consistently produce a bit higher dps than the warlord crystal. So be sure when running this spec to use your Tempest crystal.

Also, I've removed 1 point from Bioelectric Enhancement (2% strength) to Teaching of the Five Rings <2% damage to attacks that generate attack point>. This has also resulted in a small dps gain. Considering we're only using 2 damaging Finishers <2x Skykfall> and all other damage is coming from attack point generating abilities <9> (11 if you count all 3 ticks of LT(14 if you count arc procs whose dmg is based of attack point generating abilities)) every 15 seconds.

This makes the spec 41 Tempest 32 Warlord 3 Paragon.

I'm seeing some very high parses of this spec starting to show up on Hypatia. If you've made modifications to what's here let us know so we can lock down the optimal spec/rotation(I don't see much wiggle/adjustment room with the need for 41 temp and 32 warlord being necessary but I may have missed something). Thank you to those giving it a try, I know when in melee almost all of us (myself included) would like to be using melee skills. However, if I have to cast spells in melee to get the best numbers, i'll do it.

Zvas
    White Fang
    Last edited by ZevusGreybriar; 12-16-2013 at 09:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast