+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [2.6] Warrior DPS

Default [2.6] Warrior DPS

==THIS IS HEAVILY OUTDATED [for the moment], I WILL REVAMP THIS SHORTLY AFTER 3.1 RELEASES TO ACCOUNT FOR NEW SPECS AND SUCH. USE THIS AS A BASE, BUT PLEASE READ THROUGH THE CURRENT RELEVANT THREADS POSTED===

I am pretty sure a lot of people not acquainted with how we function are lost as to which DPS specs to carry, what purpose, and how they rank in DPS in which situations etc...
    Just going to compile all the builds that are viable currently with some data and links.

- Acronym List provided at the bottom of this post.
    - Blacked Paralord and Warpest out due to the new changes coming out; they won't be viable anymore. (Can still use them for fun I guess)

1. 61 Paragon
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rotations.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...0-paragon.html
    Author: Jopok, Kodlak, Ahov, & Exrou
    Variance: Off-Soul of Champion or Riftblade
    Playstyle: Burst and fast-paced, challenging, melee gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    Currently, this is our highest purely ST damage spec; however it does carry caveats.
    1. Alacrity timing is everything; and crit % during your Alacrity block [specifically your CF>RH] will determine where your DPS swings [what I am saying is, use +critical chance pots before you enter Alacrity and always use your first Alacrity with FP or make sure you time at least one Alacrity with FP].
    2. There will be fights where Alacrity on CD is the way to go [any fight without a dedicated burn phase] and there will be fights where saving Alacrity (or timing it correctly so it lines up for your burn phase) will net you the highest DPS.
    3. The more sustenance you have in melee (or GtH), the higher your DPS will be. Large and frequent disconnects, this spec won't fare as well but you could still challenge yourself to use it.
    4. Ability lag destroys this spec; primarily during the Alacrity CD - if you don't get all the RW/RH you can within those 10s, you lose a substantial amount of DPS.
    5. Currently the Champion seemingly pulls higher than the Riftblade variant (but Riftblade will pull ahead if you get the right crit RNG post 30%). Champion is much easier to play, of course, so if beginning, start with the Champion version. The difference between the two is really negligible so play what fits your play style.
    6. Gear wise, a healthy mix of AP/CP will benefit Paragon [with mostly going for capping CP; I choose to do a 1:1 split - but that's not theory, just practice] - this is because while crits are a large part of Paragon's gameplay, you'll at best crit 40-50% of the time; the non-crit versions still need to hit hard enough for your DPS to sustain and, also, because of all the +% AP modifiers.
    6. Keep in mind that on dummy 61 Para will parse at or under the following two specs. This is because Alacrity scales with CD Raid Buffs - which you don't get on dummy.

2. Paralord
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...easy-mode.html
    Updated: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...e-updated.html
    Author: Warriors of Warcry [Drathek, Aroo, and Grouper are accounted for; but there might be those under the scenes]
    Variance: 2/3 Offensive Surge or 1/3 Offensive Surge or 0/3 Offensive Surge
    Playstyle: Sustain and fast-paced, easy melee gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    This is currently your 2nd highest DPS out there [by a very tiny margin to 1st and 3rd].
    1. Disconnects hurt it a bit, especially during what part of the rotation you disconnect at [since Piercing Strike and KotH aren't buffed by GtH] - but if you can joust well, and use GtH appropriately - it has good potential.
    2. The highlight of this spec is that it handles disconnects better than 61 Paragon, and if your disconnects are mobs and time rather than melee/non-melee, then this spec should pull ahead depending on how RNG helps 61 Paragon.
    3. It is also very easy to play [so if you have some duty to perform, interrupts, mechanic-supervision or execution, this might be easier to sustain DPS and do your role].
    4. Keep in mind, the bulk of the DPS comes from the natural crit % (~60%+); you will crit, and crit a lot - so get a lot of CP [Nearly 1.3 CP to 1 AP; same as Tempagon]
    5. The variance in what you choose for Offensive Surge really has no effect on overall DPS - it is whatever you are comfortable with how much utility you want to get etc...
    6. This spec is great for progression fights as you get more endurance and resists from Warlord tree.
    7. Lastly, this spec power-starves without LE/Fervor

3. Warpest
    THIS IS OUR CURRENT TOP DPS SPEC FOR T3 LAETHYS & MAELFORGE
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ed-hybrid.html
    Author: Zvas
    Variance: Off-Soul of Paragon or Riftblade
    Playstyle: Sustain and slow-paced, easy hybrid gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    This is pretty much the same DPS as Paralord, slightly less if its a dummy fight.
    1. This is a hybrid gameplay - can be both melee and ranged and do really valid damage; so this handles disconnects significantly better than the other two specs - making it a pretty good spec to have in your role roster.
    2. It's slow because of the 1.5 GCD; but also helps with ability lag and gives you more room to note any errors you might be planning .
    3. Gear wise: CP should still be your top priority due to all the natural crit %
    4. Paragon variant pulls slightly higher DPS than the Riftblade one but Riftblade flows better with no gaps in the rotation.
    5. This spec is great for progression fights as you get more endurance and resists from Warlord tree.

4. Critagon
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-critagon.html
    Author: Byaku
    Variance: -
    Playstyle: Sustain and slow-paced, easy melee gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    This will rank below the aforementioned specs by roughly 500 - 1000 DPS (even more, depending on 61 Para's RNG), however has strong cleave potential (think Bladedancer for Rogues)
    1. While this is less pure ST DPS. it brings forth a lot of cleave potential helping in fights such as Breaker, Brothers, Proteus (if you aren't running Tempest), Volan (to an extent; again if you aren't running 61 Paragon), and I believe also has a place on Abominus (have not been there myself, so can't say for certain).
    2. This spec would classify as a "support-DPS" role; in other words, this spec will let your raid roster cover any cleaving opportunity it lacks (for example, if you are lacking in proficient bladedancers or all your clerics are healing). It is not a necessity, because the aforementioned specs will scale and out DPS it, but it is nice to carry it and help with the gaps (especially for PuGs).
    3. It does have less AoE than Riftblade, but more ST DPS - so pick what suits your needs best. Though, if you had only one role open, and it was a choice of RB versus Critagon, pick Critagon (unless you need stuns from Riftblade or movement capability with blinks).
    4. It has somewhat an issue with disconnects, but as long as you use GtH effectively, it shouldn't dip your DPS by much.
    4. Gear wise: CP (Cap it.)
    5. It is less reliant on RNG, and so if you do not have luck on your side, I'd play this spec. It is very easy to pick up and provides a nice introduction to 61 Paragon, the Champ Variant

5. 61 Riftblade
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...riftblade.html
    Author: Kodlak
    Variance: 1s GCD or 1.5s GCD
    Playstyle: Sustain and fast/slow-paced, easy melee gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    This holds the crown for being the lowest DPS of our melee specs.
    1. Where Riftblade shines is when you have adds that you need to help cleave - Fork+RS and easy change to AoE finishers while still using SStrike makes this spec have its niche.
    2. Gear wise: AP should be predominant. You do not crit in this spec [~30-40% is pushing it on most fights] so stacking CP is not going to get you much gain over stacking AP [though I don't think there are any "I will only be RB" warriors out there; so this shouldn't apply]
    4. Using RI every 8s is higher DPS
    5. Frost Strike before Rift Strike is higher DPS
    6. Starting with a SP > IB will give you a stronger start
    7. 1s GCD is slightly higher DPS than 1.5s GCD but you can't use 1s GCD when AoEing - making 1s GCD really not worth it [as if you are going to be purely ST, then use one of the three specs above]
    8. Always use BSynergy with RI - this gives you 4 sets of 3AP rather than 3 sets of 3 AP.

6. 61 Tempest
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...n-updated.html
    Author: Zvas [Alternate Rotation credit to 2Handz]
    Playstyle: Burst and slow-paced, average difficulty ranged gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    Highest ST Ranged DPS; comparable to Riftblade DPS (can pull ahead in raid setting with proper use of WV)
    Note*: Any disconnects with melee/non-melee will push this over 61 Riftblade. If movement is involved however, and it interferes with your CP casting, Riftblade will pull ahead.
    [On Salvarola, for example, which has a bit of both (unless you are really well-versed with incineration and staying melee when it is going), they are equivalent in DPS]
    1. Same as 61 Paragon, the value of 61 Tempest all comes down to when and where you use your Wavelength. Crit % during your WV Block also matters - this spec power starves during your WV block so make sure you also look into timing it with VoJ as the fight progresses.
    2. There will be fights where WV on CD is the way to go [any fight without a dedicated burn phase] and there will be fights where saving WV (or timing it correctly so it lines up for your burn phase) will net you the highest DPS.
    3. Ability lag destroys this spec; primarily during the WV CD - if you don't get all the 9 CP/DoP within the WV duration, you lose ~800 to 1200 DPS.
    4. Gear wise - CP is the way to go; but don't neglect AP - the value is pretty close for this spec.
    5. Keep in mind that on dummy 61 Tempest will parse at or under the following two specs. This is because WV scales with CD Raid Buffs - which you don't get on dummy.

7. 51 Tempest
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-build.html
    &
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ver-guide.html
    Author: Nefy and Twohandz
    Playstyle: Sustain and slow-paced, mindless ranged gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    This is our second highest ST Damage ranged spec in a raid setting [if WV in 61 Temp is used well] and highest on dummy.
    1. Very easy spec; incredibly juvenile rotation but parses well and has limited energy issues
    2. Gear: Stack CP.
    3. I don't know ... have a /dance macro for when you are bored!

8. 58 Tempest
    Link: -
    Author: -
    Playstyle: Sustain and slow-paced, mindless ranged gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    This is the lowest of all the Tempest variants; however leaves flamespear out of the picture for fights like Eggtenders to maintain the 30m distance.
    As always, stack CP

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#38hqw/VkGaGBkGa8w/2

Rotation:
    EC > DelayedP/ShockP > Dual Pulse
    Arc > CP > DoP > Electricity Blast > Skyfall
    LT

[repeat/rinse]

Macros:
    #show Electricity Cascade
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Electricity Cascade
    cast Delayed Pulse
    cast Dual Pulse
    cast Shock Pulse

#show Arc
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Focused Fire
    cast Arc
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Electricity Blast

On their own key, LT & SF.

9. Beastmaster Hybrids
    Link: 48/18/10: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

48/28 [BM/Para]: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

48/28 [BM/WL]: discussion is at the latter end of the previous URL (if not energy starved, should pull higher DPS than BM/Para)

54/18/4 [BM/Para/Champ] - http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4750243
    * You would want this for fights where you are using BM to provide Enrage or Defensive Support and do not have a pyro/harb-con. Losing 5% crit to raid (Call of Blood) by opting for a 48 build is severely detrimental as the DPS difference between the two specs doesn't equate to the DPS lost by the raid.

Author: Soulshield & Nefy
    Variance: 48 v. 54 [for Call of Blood]
    Playstyle: Support and slow/fast-paced, extremely challenging melee gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    It's a support spec so won't do too well in comparison to the rest of the specs; however the buffs you provide alongside DPS is pretty good and can't be ignored. Keep in mind that this spec revolves around bleeds, if you can't maintain bleeds in any scenario (target-swapping, large disconnects etc...) , this spec is pointless to run.
    - Gear wise: CP Cap + Crit or pure AP (like everything AP)

10. 61 Champion
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ion-guide.html
    Author: Sedvick
    Playstyle: Sustain and slow-paced, easy melee gameplay
    DPS Rank:
    AoE, duh.
    Gear: Irrelevant; both AP and CP affect it relatively equivalently well.

11. 61 Beastmaster
    Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html
    Author: Soulshield
    Playstyle: Support and slow/fast-paced, extremely challenging melee gameplay.
    DPS Rank:
    It's a support spec so won't do too well in comparison to the rest of the specs; however the buffs you provide alongside DPS is pretty good and can't be ignored. Keep in mind that this spec revolves around bleeds, if you can't maintain bleeds in any scenario (target-swapping, large disconnects etc...) , this spec is pointless to run.
    - Gear wise: CP Cap + Crit or pure AP (like everything AP)

===
    As requested:
    Acronyms used (in order of appearance)
    DPS: Damage Per Second
    ST: Single Target
    CF: Combat Focus (Paragon Ability)
    RH: Reaping Harvest (Paragon Ability)
    FP: Flaring Power (Archon Aiblity; Raid Cooldown)
    CD: Cooldown
    GtH: Grasping the Horizon (Paragon Ability)
    RW: Rising Waterfall (Paragon Ability)
    AP: Attack Power
    CP: Critical Power
    KotH: King of the Hill (Warlord Ability)
    LE: Living Energy (Chloromancer Ability)
    GCD: Global Cooldown
    RNG: Random Number Generator (a moniker used to indicate how the game generates probabilities)
    RS: Rift Spear (Riftblade Ability)
    AoE: Area of Effect
    SStrike: Searing Strike (Riftblade Ability)
    RI: Rift Implosion (Riftblade Ability)
    SP: Shock Pulse (Tempest Ability)
    IB: Icy Burst (Riftblade Ability)
    BSynergy: Burst Synergy (Riftblade Ability)
    wrt: With Respect To
    CP casting: Charged Pulse (Tempest Ability)
    WV: Wavelength (Tempest Ability)
    VoJ: Verse of Joy (Bard Ability)
    CP/DoP: Charged Pulse/Double Pulse (Tempest Abilities)
    EC: Electricity Cascade (Tempest Ability)
    LT: Lightning Torrent (Tempest Ability)
    BM: Beastmaster
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-27-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Rift Chaser

48/28 BM dps on live dummy with honed edge whetstones only.

[2.6] Warrior DPS-bm.jpg

Shadowlander

very good thread Solaxys.

I'm quite new and I really like the idea of a Beastmaster, glad to see a guide on how to dps as one! Thanks a lot for the link!
    Serale@Faeblight

RIFT Guide Writer

It's Kodlak, KODLAK <- See the L in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodlak View Post
    I apologize; fixed
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-27-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Rift Chaser

im writing a 48/28 bm guide right now for the lawls. should be up here in a bit. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    im writing a 48/28 bm guide right now for the lawls. should be up here in a bit. ;p
    Awesome; updated ~

I'll also type up the 54/18/4 once the shards come back.
    It's about 3k less than 48/28 but gets Call of Blood.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-27-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Updated a few things here and there; and updated links.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Kodlak View Post
    Don't let him lie to you.

Shadowlander

Default Great post

Just wanted to say thanks for this "review" of the current cream of the crop. The warrior forum definitely is one of the most active (which is great), but as a more casual raider it can be quite a job to keep updated on what goes on. Therefore I think these post are great for giving an overview, while of course credit should also still go to those writing the original guides.

So please keep up this work.

Plane Touched

41/35 should be covered in here as a valid build.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaester View Post
    41/35 should be covered in here as a valid build.
    41/35 as in Tempagon? If so they're are more valid versions of that type of play.
    Last edited by Killian26; 12-06-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    41/35 as in Tempagon? If so they're are more valid versions of that type of play.
    More valid?
    When has this been valid since the shared CD?
    There a build I am not aware of? =o.

===
    On an another note, I am messing with the dubbed Critagon; and once I can get some solid parses and tips and such I'll put it in.
    But it seems to be under paralord, above warpest (by slight margins) - but it is CP contingent, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 12-07-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    More valid?
    When has this been valid since the shared CD?
    There a build I am not aware of? =o.

===
    On an another note, I am messing with the dubbed Critagon; and once I can get some solid parses and tips and such I'll put it in.
    But it seems to be under paralord, above warpest (by slight margins) - but it is CP contingent, so we'll see.
    I haven't messed with the two WL hybrids so I can't determine which of the three is better. I know 54/22 performs well and I posted some rough numbers on it from Breaker and Twins on Wed. My gut tells me Paralord will beat it because of all the AP, but who knows. 54/22 is just high sustained and is reliant on Berserker uptime. It's stupid easy to play and will provide acceptable cleaving should the need arise, alla twins just for the added gravy and because it's not really a burst fight....persay. If you're curious as to whether it's worth putting on this post then I'd say yes it's worth it.

And I'm assuming Dark is referring to Tempagon. Maybe valid wasn't the proper word. More viable versions of the melee/ranged hybrid are out there is what I should have said probably.
    Last edited by Killian26; 12-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast