+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rift Warlord 2.5 PvP Guide

Default Rift Warlord 2.5 PvP Guide

Builds:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...GGliGg/38L8/Vq for full dps

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...ikw/98FgOa2/Vq for 1 v 1 and objectives

Macros:

61WL
    Burst
    #show Decisive Strike
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall

Finisher

#show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing field
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast skyfall

Builder

#show king of the hill
    cast Piercing Thrust cast
    King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand

Charge:

#show Into the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Into the Breach

Wl Pally (keep finisher macro from 61 wl)
    #show King of the Hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast King of the Hill
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Retaliation
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Shock Pulse

#show Into the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Righteous Charge
    cast Into the Breach

things to keep separate:

battle and tactical surge(use ttb to get off your surges quick before you charge in/pull then switch off ttb)

NPTD and for pally version TOL

eye of the storm

Stun for pally version

breaking blow/skyfall macro (don't want to waste killing field if someone is too far away or close to death)

both pulls

Brother in Arms and Guard (use these for the love of god to protect healers)

forced march

For 61 WL have Battlefield EXP separate as well and defensive maneuver

How to Play it:
    for 61 WL build up your charges pre with tempest . if you have strong heals you can be strong enough to push the front lines or pull people in. if not stay and protect your healers and kill over extenders

for 61 wl you want to be smart about your burst. wait for piecing thrust to go off then you burst macro. you want try and time this with the auto Crit from KOTH. When you pop battle field exp rotate back and forth from builder macro to burst macro so you get koth, decisive strike and auto crit piercing.

when you pop killing field use your aoe pull and aoe charge for solid aoe burst.
    also save your break free for battlefield exp you don't want to pop it then get cc'd and waste it. i also save my run speed. this is huge because a good player will watch for it and cc you especially a dom.

use your disarm on other warriors and especially sins

make sure your surges are up at all times. i use karuul to track them

use cast@gtae for mighty leap for an extra interrupt and charge

Wl/pally plays the same except your burst is in KOTH and righteous charge which hits for 4k+. this spec runs out of energy quick so be careful. I would only recommend it for fights with no heals or guarding objectives and taking objectives solo.

for just a general pvp tip make sure you have name plates turned on so you can see low health targets and whether someone is immune to cc or not, make sure you circle strafe and don't over extend.

feel free to add stuff and critique i have had a lot of people ask me what the build is so i figured i would try and make a guide.

Shadowlander

The 61WL spec does pretty well, I had trouble at first with trying to determine how to use Battlefield Experience but now I got it down thanks to your tip. Your macros are pretty helpful as well. I'm liking it more and more now.

The 48WL/26Pala is a solid 1v1 and 1v2 build, it hits fairly strong despite going that far into paladin. Only problem I ran into is running out of power, but with the amount of dmg and hp and heals in the spec, its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krokas View Post
    The 61WL spec does pretty well, I had trouble at first with trying to determine how to use Battlefield Experience but now I got it down thanks to your tip. Your macros are pretty helpful as well. I'm liking it more and more now.

The 48WL/26Pala is a solid 1v1 and 1v2 build, it hits fairly strong despite going that far into paladin. Only problem I ran into is running out of power, but with the amount of dmg and hp and heals in the spec, its worth it.
    yea power is a major issue in this spec which is frustrating but its only if you are going from enemy to enemy. 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 its ok but in a wf you can get drained quick

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    yea power is a major issue in this spec which is frustrating but its only if you are going from enemy to enemy. 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 its ok but in a wf you can get drained quick
    Yeah thats true it can be pretty frustrating at times but I'm just happy we finally have a solid 1v1 build with solid dps and solid defense along with some heals. Used to regret not playing a rogue because they were kings of stealing control points in Codex and Karthan Ridge with dmg to back them up to 2-3shotting people. Atleast now with this spec and even with the 61WL spec, it'll give them a run for their money.

There was another spec 48BM/28Pala that did pretty decent too in 2.4 except it had almost non-existent dmg, so I'm pretty happy with this spec.
    Last edited by Krokas; 11-17-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Yeah thats true it can be pretty frustrating at times but I'm just happy we finally have a solid 1v1 build with solid dps and solid defense along with some heals. Used to regret not playing a rogue because they were kings of stealing control points in Codex and Karthan Ridge with dmg to back them up to 2-3shotting people. Atleast now with this spec and even with the 61WL spec, it'll give them a run for their money.

There was another spec 48BM/28Pala that did pretty decent too in 2.4 except it had almost non-existent dmg, so I'm pretty happy with this spec.
    the bm spec was 36bm 28pally 12rb. spec was godly 1v1

Soulwalker

Default .

thx for telling me about this build its great 48/26/2

Shadowlander

the bm spec was 36bm 28pally 12rb. spec was godly 1v1
    Interesting, I've never heard of that one, though I only came back to the game right after the game went FTP, didn't see any BM specs at all until someone posted on HavokToshyn old BM spec that still worked out pretty well. Used it abit before 2.5 hit, did pretty decent and was basically my go to spec to beat up sin builds. Haven't tested it out since then though.
    Last edited by Krokas; 11-18-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Interesting, I've never heard of that one, though I only came back to the game right after the game went FTP, didn't see any BM specs at all until someone posted on HavokToshyn old BM spec that still worked out pretty well. Used it abit before 2.5 hit, did pretty decent and was basically my go to spec to beat up sin builds. Haven't tested it out since then though.
    it's dead after the Crystal changes. wl pally is very nice right now though. struggles against Dom because of energy but really good vs rogues and inq

Shadowlander

it's dead after the Crystal changes. wl pally is very nice right now though. struggles against Dom because of energy but really good vs rogues and inq
    Ahhh i see. Good to know then, but might still give it a go whenever I feel the purge botting inside of me coming out, lol. Anywho, awesome guide Dday! I like these builds and various other builds people are coming out with.

Thanks for the guild dday. Warlord just brought my warrior out of retirement! (still has power issues but meh, cant win them all).

Quote Originally Posted by Zekken View Post
    Thanks for the guild dday. Warlord just brought my warrior out of retirement! (still has power issues but meh, cant win them all).
    yea its brutal sometimes. lately i have been ripping it up then a dom decides he doesnt want me to play anymore. if im not getting cleansed its pretty annoying. dom is a really hard counter to this spec but it eats MM and 61 sin for breakfast which is all i care about.

i think 13 champ could have some potential too but i nothing will compete with the para version for dps IMO

Shadowlander

i think 13 champ could have some potential too but i nothing will compete with the para version for dps IMO
    13 Champ is the version i've been running : its a really fun playstyle as well with the extra charges. I've yet to try Para version, but yours is most likely better for damage.

Thanks for the tips on Battlefield Experience as well!
    Malzek@Bloodiron

i like the champ spec better after running it a lot today. having no energy issues and the extra charge is nice. damage is still right there too.

Since weeks-months I have fun on my warrior again lol XD
    I tested 61 wl yesterday and I will test the other build today. I did pretty well lol, top kb and top damage in lot of bgs, so GG. its good for peel as well, and protect h ealers (if we have XD) or squishy teammembers. What I like in wl it is very durable. noob sin near flag I was around 40% hp, but with cds on I still managed to make him vanish XD Disadvantage really energy starving. if dom ither side I just standing and every ability grey I try to kill dom first sry

And I need feedback as well. how many of your attack is shockpulse? mine around 15% of my dps and 5% skyfall, what I think a bit high, but not sure. so need to work stay on target method, but yesterday was my fisrt attempt in wl so I don't worry about it yet.

Rift Disciple

As for energy issues on WL/Pal I tried to rearrange some skills and macro usage.
    If you pop all off gcd attacks in you builder macro you will run ooe in 2 or 3 hits - and it doesnt
    really help your damage so much so I decided to go without Backhand and only Retaliation from
    Pala. I neither use Arterial Strike - its pretty useless in 1vs1.
    I am doing a lot better since I changed this as I can concentrate on my main damage skills and
    building burst with popping the surges before I burst WL attacks. You might want to bind the
    off gcd attacks in your burst macro - but I would strongly recommend not to use them when
    not both surges are running and your enemy is >30-40% health.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast