Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Ahov's Tempagon Guide

Ascendant

Default Ahov's Tempagon Guide

Credit goes to Jopok for ironing out the rotation; a lot of the contents here are based on what he was already doing, and I'll include my personalized macros along with a few nuances which should help maximize dps.

Spec - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#VgEF12EEy/38hiM5la/2

Macros

1) Proc consumer
    Code:
    #show Charged Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tranquility
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    cast electricity blast
    2) Finisher
    Code:
    #show Arc
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Arc
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast skyfall
    3) Filler/setup
    Code:
    #show Delayed pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast delayed pulse
    cast death touch
    4) Followup/ranged
    Code:
    #show rising waterfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast rising waterfall
    cast Offensive Blast

Rotation *Again, credit to Jopok. In this section I will list the raw ability rotation, followed by a representation including the numbered macros.

Block 1

Code:
    Lightning Torrent > Arc >
    Delayed Pulse > Rising Waterfall > Shifting Blades >
    Tranquility > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse > Electricity Blast > Skyfall
    Block 2

Code:
    Lightning Torrent > Arc >
    Death Touch > Rising Waterfall > Shifting Blades >
    Tranquility > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse > Electricity Blast > Skyfall
    Repeat. As you can see, the only thing changing in terms of ability usage is that you alternate between delayed pulse and death touch. These abilities are within the same macro, so the normal rotation does not change in terms of button usage. With macros in mind, here is how everything looks:

Code:
    Lightning Torrent > 2 >
    3 > 4 > 2 >
    1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 2
    When you reach the third line (consuming procs) you want to spam that button very hard to ensure the off-gcd Double Pulse is fired off quickly, and that Electricity Blast goes off.

For regular disconnects, the only abilities you are replacing will be death touch and rising waterfall. For Block 1, this means using delayed pulse as you normally would and then using two Offensive Blasts. Offensive Blast does not consume your Arc nor Shifting Blades procs because it is an aoe ability. This preserves the rotation and allows your finishers to hit as hard as they normally would. Shock pulse is never, ever used in this spec as it will consume your procs. Note: Offensive Blast is included in Macro 4.

Make sure not to hit your finisher macro too quickly following Lightning Torrent or you will hit skyfall! Optionally, you may remove Skyfall from your finisher macro and use the standalone key.

Other damaging abilities to have keybound

Lightning Torrent, Flurry, Skyfall. I also have most abilities displayed somewhere in my ui to keep track of cooldowns and ensure the rotation has remained stable. If the rotation breaks, I can predict how to fix it based on the cooldowns. http://i.imgur.com/LuPwfRf.png

Flurry and Skyfall are useful for situations where you need to delay your normal rotation. This can occur if you predict heavy movement when you will be using charged pulse, so instead you push it back by a few seconds. Only use them following proc consumption. Do not use flurry if you have Arc or Shifting blades active.

What synergy crystal?

Tempest crystal. You use Death Touch only once every thirty seconds at best, and sometimes you will delay it another thirty seconds if you need to disconnect. As well, with these disconnects Offensive Blast is improved by the Tempest Crystal.
    Last edited by Ahov; 11-13-2013 at 07:43 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Ahov #1 warrior NA

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jopok View Post
    Ahov #1 warrior DPS NA
    Fixed it for you.

Champion

This is how you can turn it into 3 macro, the first 2 use a good rotation, but if the server lags slightly or something and can push back charged it will cast eb, so i have the 3rd macro so i do not lose the double pulse proc by casting another EB. then you can delay as needed, or add in an extra RW from first macro. Ofc have skyfall seperatly too, these are just to help lazy people.

#show Arc
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Arc
    cast delayed pulse
    cast final blessing
    cast rising waterfall
    cast death touch
    cast Offensive Blast

#show Charged Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Tranquility
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Electricity Blast

#show Lightning Torrent
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast double pulse
    cast skyfall
    cast lightning torrent
    suppressmacrofailures
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

2/10 would not read again.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

RIFT Guide Writer

Just gonna go ahead and put this here.

02:25 Krizzix: 446077DPS | Jopok 40011 | Ahov 32729 | Ownag 30677 | Dartl 30312 | Prast 29796 | Korma 28761 | Kukri 28269 | Magni 26829 | Mios 26236 | Baalt 26012 | Ayona 24482 | Drava 23515 | Jules 21733 | Klayp 21694 | Aleck 14062 | Ddura 12291 | Rough 9808 | Varm 7806 | Zoiee 7648 | Piczy 3406

My rotation is the one Ahov posted.
    Last edited by jopok; 11-13-2013 at 10:32 PM.

ill leave this here

delete the point spread and remake it with
    fleet of foot
    interupt

paragon crystal. dt on cd. eb every 30 sec. D|T > eb. rotation is posted somewhere
    eggs, thrax, proteus, volan, twins
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Using a warrior guide written by Ahov feels like grocery shopping at Walmart.

Prophet of Telara

Even with weapon master I still think you should try to use DT on cooldown, as it's your 5th hardest hitting ability(at least for me).

Rotation I've been using is similar to the one you posted, but with DT in place of EB; I think Seppy was the first person to post it in the other thread.

That being said, as long as your always procing your procs on your 4 hardest hitting abilities, rotation and spec don't really make all that much difference. It's fun for the idea of theorycrafting and min-maxing, but ultimately I don't think we're making more than a few hundred dps difference on spec that's swinging multiple thousands of dps on most normal length fights. Even pushing back Arc to squeeze in a 10th gcd doesn't seem to make much difference based on my testing.

Weapon master variant seems to come out a few hundred dps ahead over a 50 minute parse with similar rng(at my gear level), but is a little weaker at range. One of the cool things about hybrids is that you can move points around here and there to customize the spec to different situations.

Anyways, thanks for the guide. The old guide was outdated and had been improved upon considerably since it's creation(Thag even mentioned starting a new thread). This should make it considerably easier for new people to pick up and learn one of the top variants without having to wade through 20 pages of theorycraft.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Soulwalker

I would think Seppy you mean a rotaion like this:

LT > ARC
    DP > RW/FB > SB
    TQ > CP > DoP > DT > SF

LT > ARC
    EB > RW/FB > SB
    TQ > CP > DoP > DT > SF

Or i'm wrong?
    Limani-Krieger-Challenge Accepted-Brutmutter
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IFG 2/3 PBB 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Limani View Post

LT > ARC
    DP > RW/FB > SB
    TQ > CP > DoP > DT > SF

LT > ARC
    EB > RW/FB > SB
    TQ > CP > DoP > DT > SF

Or i'm wrong?
    ye
    as i said i wanna see some new stuff i have in mind. if its viable might even write some things
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Limani View Post

LT > ARC
    DP > RW/FB > SB
    TQ > CP > DoP > DT > SF

LT > ARC
    EB > RW/FB > SB
    TQ > CP > DoP > DT > SF

Or i'm wrong?
    That is the exact rotation I use..just been experimenting with paragon alot more instead of running this as I don't want to get hooked on something I expect to get toned down alot at least
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Takatoraa View Post
    Using a warrior guide written by Ahov feels like grocery shopping at Walmart.

I hope not but do you all think this will last or is it going to get fixed/nerfed soon >?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    There's still pesticides in the lightning torrents, antibiotics in the arc procs, hormones in the shifting blades and I think the rising waterfalls are watered down.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast