+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seatin's Warlion 1.0 - AOE Grind/Solo Farm/Godmode spec

Default Seatin's Warlion 1.0 - AOE Grind/Solo Farm/Godmode spec

The Warlion in Action

Prologue:
    Orginally I wasn't going to post this guide, but I was convinced to do so by an incident of bullying I witnessed on a minor, I was walking past ASDA (The UK Walmart) the other day and I saw some kids sticking pins into the tyres of this small green bike, once I had got my sausage roll from Greggs Bakery, I walked back past the bike rack to see this small kid lying on the floor crying that his tyres had been deflated on his green bike, this kids name? Norman, I felt sorry for Norman and decided to write this guide. This one is for you Norman.

Warlion
    The Warlion spec is by far the most god-damm overpowered spec in the game for AOE grinding and soloing, if you want an example, please refer to the video guide, it is not a spec that is suggested to be used in PVP, Endgame raiding, expert dungeons or normal dungeons. The spec is heavily based of the spec initially created in 2.4 by Ewarwoo who did a pretty awesome job with it! But due to various changes with the talent tree and warrior abilities, although this guide still 'works', there are a fair few adjustments I've made to point allocation which can output a lot more damage.

The build:
    Warlion: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...4/7v1BiN54mM/3

Ewarwoo's 2.4 build (For comparison): http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...gy/7k6lGBa18/3

Buffs:
    -Recovery Posture
    -Deadly Posture
    -Juggernauts Bearing
    -Shared Suffering
    -Way of the River
    -Vampiric Munitions (From Tier 2 Death Planar Attunement Tree, This is actually optional, you can use the Weaponstones for more DPS, in the video, despite having 6 golems on me, I manage to easily survive without VM, having VM just makes you even more overpowered as far as self healing goes)

How is the spec played?
    You will initially want to round up as many mobs as you can by running around like a headless chicken and spamming mark of inevitability and your cleave macro when the mobs in melee range of yourself, use sergents orders to quickly pull in any casters, once you've got at least 4-5 mobs your ready to get down to business. Start off by using cornered beast and proceed to use it whenever it comes off cooldown. Finisher wise it really depends on the pull, my general rule which seems to work fairly well is if your above 50% hit the damaging finisher macro, if your below 50% hit chains of life. If you want to play it safe you can always use chains of life as a finisher, but its much more exciting to live on the edge. Between using your finishers and cornered beast, all you will essentially need to do is continue to spam your cleave macro.

Yep, it's that easy.

Macros:
    Cleave Builder:
    #show mighty blow
    cast wave of steel
    cast mighty blow

SIngle Target Builder:
    #show a quick death
    cast piercing thrust
    cast a quick death
    cast empowering strike

Damaging AOE Finisher:
    #show killing field
    cast killing field
    cast bladefury

Protips:
    - If you feel like your going to die within the next 10 seconds, use no permission to die, save your combo points for when it triggers and then use chains of life + battlefield medic to be topped to full health.
    - If your looking to live even more on the edge, use Battle Surge every 30 seconds, you will deal more damage but also take 10% more damage.
    - You can use Defensive Posture instead of Deadly Posture for increased survivability, although I've yet to come across a scenario where I would recommend this.
    - You can shuffle talent points around to make this spec more defensive, such as taking the point out of Besker to get Weapon Defense, there are also other adjustments you can make in the Warlord tree, but in all honesty, I don't think they are needed.

Once again a massive thank you Ewarwoo for the foundation of an ever developing godmode beast of a spec, Enjoy!

Sidenote to all the elite warrior guidewriters: I have not finalized the point allocation, just done some extremley 'rough calculations' on whats going to perform best, specifically looking at the champion tree, if you could have a quick browse over the point allocation, spot any mistakes and make any recommended alternatives, it would be very much appreciated, thank you!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Not trying to make your work here look lesser or anything but this spec has been out since SL release
    In fact at lv50 we were playing some pala-reaver hybrid and around lv52 or something we started switching to 41wl +Xchamp (till we reach 35pts at lv60)

Regarding this spec, there are plenty of variations depending on how much survivability, ST and AoE you want.
    The better your gear gets the more you want to go towards less survivability and more AoE.

If you are heavy on T2 gear you can simply just go 61 champion with maybe a few points in WL and honestly you'll be fine, tho it takes some time to adapt to being extra squishy. Chains of life with a few mobs around you can provide 80% HP heals easily.

In your version of 41/35 wlchamp you take a little bit of everything, I respect that so I won't get too long suggesting much different point distribution.
    However, I would personally take that point off battlefield medic and put it anywhere else (Defensive maneuver, king of the hill, arterial) and possibly remove "into the breach" too if i was going for some extra DPS (either across the board -calculating- or for extra ST -KotH, arterial- )
    More into ST? points from soldier's might and trained defenses can move to higher tiers

As for champ, i'd consider my Titan strength points into Berserker (since u won't be having long encounters with a grind spec) as well as "Intense training" into "Close on the target"

nice work tho, totally helpful for newcomers in RIFT
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    Not trying to make your work here look lesser or anything but this spec has been out since SL release
    In fact at lv50 we were playing some pala-reaver hybrid and around lv52 or something we started switching to 41wl +Xchamp (till we reach 35pts at lv60)
    No I'm well aware very similiar specs have been out for ages! I'm far from a warrior guru, I just wanted to make an easy to read guide that was updated with the current 'best' point allocation and guidance for the spec, Me and Kodlak thought we'd give it a 'swaggy' new name in the spirit of guide making.

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    Regarding this spec, there are plenty of variations depending on how much survivability, ST and AoE you want.
    The better your gear gets the more you want to go towards less survivability and more AoE.

If you are heavy on T2 gear you can simply just go 61 champion with maybe a few points in WL and honestly you'll be fine, tho it takes some time to adapt to being extra squishy. Chains of life with a few mobs around you can provide 80% HP heals easily.

In your version of 41/35 wlchamp you take a little bit of everything, I respect that so I won't get too long suggesting much different point distribution.
    However, I would personally take that point off battlefield medic and put it anywhere else (Defensive maneuver, king of the hill, arterial) and possibly remove "into the breach" too if i was going for some extra DPS (either across the board -calculating- or for extra ST -KotH, arterial- )
    More into ST? points from soldier's might and trained defenses can move to higher tiers

As for champ, i'd consider my Titan strength points into Berserker (since u won't be having long encounters with a grind spec) as well as "Intense training" into "Close on the target"

nice work tho, totally helpful for newcomers in RIFT
    I personally like having battlefield medic, just as an additional top up and also the convience of having 2 charges, I removed Defensive Manuver from the spec orginally, as I didn't feel it added to it and I never used it, I can certainly see how king of the hill and arterial would be a nice little ST DPS increase however I think the way I've set up this spec, I'm mainly aiming it at an AOE playstyle, but definitely some good points for those looking to slightly adjust the spec!

Unfortunately I can't move the Titans Strength points into Berseker, The only reason they are is to get 10 points to unlock the 3rd tier

Theoretically the points in Intense Training with Juggernaughts blessing give me a 10% damage increase and a 10% damage reduction whenever I use an AOE attack as opposed to a 6% damage increase from Close on the target, am I missing something here?

Thanks for the feedback and comments Yobi, really appreciate it!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Soulwalker

For a few days I look at 41wl\35champ and 61champ\15wl and can say that 61champ\15wl is much better.

Just a few thoughts on this build.

Warlord tree:

Neck Punch - How often do you interrupt while solo AoE farming? Rarely if ever I would guess.

Forced March - Ok, I can see where this might be nice, but I'd rather put points into damaging abilities like Calculating. IMO, toss these two points(this and Neck Punch) into Calculating for +6% dmg on finishers.

Seasoned - Lower cost is somewhat useful, but the Recovery Posture increase isn't that good. You are going from 8% of AP to 9.6% of AP. Take those points, and the point from Tactical Advantage and move it to King of the Hill and Advance Planning, to boost your Wave of Steel by +10% dmg.

Champion tree:

I'd rather use Savage Sweep than Grim Satisfaction, but if you're energy starved I can understand that.

Follow Through - Kind of a waste IMO. It's not terribly often that you're gonna have more than 6-8 mobs on you at once, I find too often they kite to far and reset before I can grab that many mobs. Put one point into Titan's Strength to fill that. Put the other point into Weapon Defense, or perhaps leave one point in Follow Through.

Juggernaut's Bearing - Again, kind of a waste. If you can pull 10 mobs, then it's not too bad. But if you're only getting 5-6 at a time, the point is better spent in Trample.

Paragon tree:

I see the point of this tree is to increase crit by 3%. Personally I like to have Tempest for ranged pulling vs running around spamming marks, but here you could really go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Irres View Post
    For a few days I look at 41wl\35champ and 61champ\15wl and can say that 61champ\15wl is much better.
    Also, I do agree that 61Champ/15WL is better currently than 41WL/35Champ.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    Juggernaut's Bearing - Again, kind of a waste. If you can pull 10 mobs, then it's not too bad. But if you're only getting 5-6 at a time, the point is better spent in Trample.
    Your thinking of the old juggernaut's bearing. It's been updated a few times since then. With intense training It's 2% per mob up to 5 mobs, so 10% less damage taken, 10% more damage done. Trample gets you slightly more damage from adding in a different bearing, but is a big drop in mitigation. So... Not really a waste as a solo spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Your thinking of the old juggernaut's bearing. It's been updated a few times since then. With intense training It's 2% per mob up to 5 mobs, so 10% less damage taken, 10% more damage done. Trample gets you slightly more damage from adding in a different bearing, but is a big drop in mitigation. So... Not really a waste as a solo spec.
    Ah, I was going off the soul calc Seatin used in his link, which must not be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    Ah, I was going off the soul calc Seatin used in his link, which must not be updated.
    It is updated for me. "Stacks up to 5 times".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It is updated for me. "Stacks up to 5 times".
    Oops! I totally didn't read that right, sorry Seatin! I think I had another soul tree open from another link, and must have been looking at that one originally. Your link is correct. I'll take my comment back about Juggernaut's Bearing, with the defensive boost, it's not bad. I'd have to play with it to see if I like it better than the extra point in trample.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Unfortunately I can't move the Titans Strength points into Berseker, The only reason they are is to get 10 points to unlock the 3rd tier

Theoretically the points in Intense Training with Juggernaughts blessing give me a 10% damage increase and a 10% damage reduction whenever I use an AOE attack as opposed to a 6% damage increase from Close on the target, am I missing something here?

Thanks for the feedback and comments Yobi, really appreciate it!
    derp, u are right there. I kinda had in mind the old tooltips, they reduced the values and made them +dmg% instead of just "aoe".

As for defensive maneuver, i cant count how many times i got dismounted deep in some crowded cave/hive and i was chaining charges + maneuver + run speed :P
    Plus you can fly by using it in the middle of the air, joining dimension, waiting for cd, exiting and using it again - or did they fix that already?

Savage sweep: since someone mentioned it. Imo you'll be doing bursts most of the times so you dont really need it unless you intent to run around and chain pull mobs. then it will definitely help you keep huge packs of adds tagged - dunno if it can be done with marks too but doting is also dpsing on the move.

Last but not least, I agree with Tempest 0pt over Paragon 0pt. Conductivity 2% plus range pulling is the shiz!
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Thanks, first indications are promising. In one respect the basic version is a bit less helpful for leveling than the original Ewarwoo et al spec; you sometimes come out of a fight with lower health than with Ewarwoo's. Being able to immediately move to the next fight without having to imbibe or wait helps speed the leveling process. Still, so far, so good.

Annabump!
    Don't brake my emersion.

Ascendant

That basically comes down to weapon defense. For a pure leveling build, you would pick up weapon defense and a few more AP boosts to get more out of your healing then just raw damage.

It's another thing about this build that is just great, there's some room to tweak it between healing, damage, and survivability for your current needs without affecting how it plays.

Soulwalker

Could someone post a small info package on 61Champ/15WL. I would like to try this my myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiuhti View Post
    Could someone post a small info package on 61Champ/15WL. I would like to try this my myself!
    Use the guide in my sig, just replace the random 15 fluff points with WL stuff you want. Use Chains of Life when your health starts to dip. It has no cd so you can keep healing with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast