+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Seatin's Riftlord 1.0 - Solo/Duo Gameplay

Default Seatin's Riftlord 1.0 - Solo/Duo Gameplay

Riftlord in Action.

With the introduction of 3 new chronicles over the course of this patch (2.5), I set out on a 'quest' to uncover and expose the best builds for soloing content for every class, this weekend I turned my attention to the warrior where I've done a moderate amount of reading and consulted with my own pocket warrior guru's (Kodlack and Ambi) and pulled bits and bobs from various guides to create what we believe to be some of the most durable specs for soloing content.

The idea of the 'Riftlord' is to improve on the shabby single target DPS that the other best go to solo spec the 'Warlion' (Champion/Warlord) has. I actively encourage all the self proclaimed elite warriors to suggest improvements on my current build or suggest alternative builds or point allocation that will perform better.

The build:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8u/2kGBllkGGFkw/Vggg

Video guide:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qvrP0Rdy60

Buffs
    -Recovery Posture
    -Blade of the Ascended
    -Enhanced Conductivity
    -Empower

DO NOT USE TURN THE BLADE. (1 Second GCD buff from Paragon)

Macro's:
    Builder:
    #show Rift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

Finisher:
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Burst Synergy

Sidenote: You can remove Burst Synergy if you'd prefer to cast it manually, however I am extremley lazy.

Single Target Builder Priority List:
    In melee:
    1. Frost Strike
    2. Rift Strike
    3. Flame Spear
    4. Searing Strike

At Range:
    1. Flame Spear
    2. Rift Implosion
    3. Shock Pulse

Single Target Finisher Priority List:
    1. Fiery Burst
    2. Icy Burst

AOE priority list
    Builder:
    1. Fork + Rift Spear
    2. Fork + Flame Spear
    3. Thunder Strike

Finisher:
    1. Storm Burst
    2. Earth Burst

Utility
    Jolt - Off-GCD heal that heals over 6s from 11 points in Tempest, you should only use this heal when you have above 50 energy and fall below 50% health, if you spam this, you will find yourself energy starved very quickly.

Stoneshield - Off- GCD shield that absorbs 50% of a certain amount of damage that scale with your attack power, this should ideally be used whenever it's off CD

Riftwalk - On GCD teleport to your current target (Planar Blade from Blade of the Ascended has a 25% chance to reset this cooldown whenever you use a damaging ability)

Rift Travel - Off-GCD teleport to any selected location within 20m (Planar Blade from Blade of the Ascended has a 25% chance to reset this cooldown whenever you use a damaging ability)

Stonespear - Off-GCD interrupt, 8 second cooldown.

Windspear - On-GCD 3 second stun, you can toggle fork to make Windspear hit multiple targets, 30 second CD

So that's pretty much it for the RIFT Lord, it's fairly simple and standard Riftblade with a few tweaks for extra healing, please feel free to suggest improvements and tweaks to anything, I actively encourage it.

Seatin, I can't afford Storm Legion Souls man, Tempest is some luxury shizznip.
    Don't worry buddy, I've got you covered, while slightly behind damage wise, lacking jolt heals and a sustainable range disconnect ability (Aka Shock Pulse Spam), I've come up with this ever so slightly altered build, just for you!

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8u/2kGBllkGGFkw/38hw

It's simply switching out the points in Tempest for the points in Paragon, it will be slightly less effective, however for soloing chronicles, it should still get the job done in most scenarios!
    Last edited by Seatin; 01-01-2014 at 05:08 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

RIFT Guide Writer

Seal of approval

Champion

Go away seatin.

All you have done is taken rb and put it at 4 points into warlord for the heals...any spec works well for solo with 4 warlord. 61 champ 4 warlord x w/e works better for solo since u can aoe more effectively and still have perfectly fine ST, maybe <1k behind in ST, not to mention CB heals like a pro and you have chains of life IF you need to heal desperatly. Plus the self shields in champion are far better than the crappy stoneshield. You should go 11 points into warlord for a solo spec so you can block without a shield. In your non SL spec. You chose 2% stre over 2% ap + 2% weapon contr and 1% parry. I cba to explain why that is dumb.

The only things you need for a warrior solo spec is 4 points wl or 16 rb, and vampiric essence from the pa tree. The only way you will die is if you stop attacking.

You should stick to writing terrible cleric guides that you copy off others.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Plane Touched

Nice guide. I ran something similar to this for pretty much all of 2.4 or whenever they made Recovery Posture stack with other self heal buffs. I actually went 11WL/4Tmp for shieldless block and stacking the AP buffs. Liked it way better than 61champ/X WL or 41WL/35CH.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    Go away seatin.

All you have done is taken rb and put it at 4 points into warlord for the heals...any spec works well for solo with 4 warlord. 61 champ 4 warlord x w/e works better for solo since u can aoe more effectively and still have perfectly fine ST, maybe <1k behind in ST, not to mention CB heals like a pro and you have chains of life IF you need to heal desperatly. Plus the self shields in champion are far better than the crappy stoneshield. You should go 11 points into warlord for a solo spec so you can block without a shield. In your non SL spec. You chose 2% stre over 2% ap + 2% weapon contr and 1% parry. I cba to explain why that is dumb.

The only things you need for a warrior solo spec is 4 points wl or 16 rb, and vampiric essence from the pa tree. The only way you will die is if you stop attacking.

You should stick to writing terrible cleric guides that you copy off others.
    I love you to Weenz.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

you take jolt over extra breakfree?

i love those guides
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    you take jolt over extra breakfree?
    my bad didnt realize this was a pve build. i might want to read the massive heading in bold before i comment next time.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    my bad didnt realize this was a pve build. i might want to read the massive heading in bold before i comment next time.
    No worries at all my friend, It would be possible to take a slight reduction on damage to get Elude, but in all honesty for the main purpose of this build which is PVE soloing, I don't think its needed considering you already have RIFT Travel, which is off GCD and resets its CD like crazy with planar blade.

Hi Seatin.

I'm a real fan of your guides (your xbreaker ones helped us a lot...) but I can't see how this spec is better than a 61 Champ 13 Warlord 2 Tempest (for exemple) that I'm using. ((http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8gy8/7klllakGll4/Vq))

Thanks anyway, was fun to try it! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Badd View Post
    Hi Seatin.

I'm a real fan of your guides (your xbreaker ones helped us a lot...) but I can't see how this spec is better than a 61 Champ 13 Warlord 2 Tempest (for exemple) that I'm using. ((http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8gy8/7klllakGll4/Vq))

Thanks anyway, was fun to try it! ;)
    I'll admit they both have there pros and cons, but the main reason is that Riftlord outputs roughly 15%-20% more damage than the 61 Champion spec for ST and Riftlord also deals a lot more damage during melee disconnects (as you can trigger your finishers with builders), which as you may be aware are pretty common when your soloing content, especially hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    t the main reason is that Riftlord outputs roughly 15%-20% more damage than the 61 Champion spec for ST and Riftlord also deals a lot more damage during melee disconnects.
    Well, ok then. Thinking this way, it might finally be usefull. Thanks!

Cya

Plane Touched

Great guide man. I tried this out I was hoping it would be better than my lord of war 2.0 spec which can be used for solo'ing but unfortunately it wasnt. My one put out tons more DPS and more self healing but it has no aoe kinda. Someone needs to theory craft a good aoe solo spec so far I've had no luck in making one that still has good survivability. Come on champion theory crafter's
    Last edited by harri077; 11-12-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harri077 View Post
    Someone needs to theory craft a good aoe solo spec so far I've had no luck in making one that still has good survivability. Come on champion theory crafter's
    61 Champ, 4 Warlord, other points don't really matter. Use Chains of Life a lot, it has no cd and heals for a ton. It also does damage now (has for a while), what's not to love?

Quick edit: In the ID Chronicle I can pull everything from the bottom of the ship's ramp, all the way up to Rusila herself, only stopping to quickly pick-off the Longshots.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 11-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harri077 View Post
    Great guide man. I tried this out I was hoping it would be better than my lord of war 2.0 spec which can be used for solo'ing but unfortunately it wasnt. My one put out tons more DPS and more self healing but it has no aoe kinda.
    Interesting, I'm unfortuntately not getting the same results your describing, just for an easy and lazy comparison, would you mind just quickly sending me a video of Lord of War 2.0 vs Laethys hardmode? Just so I can analyze a few things! Thank you Harri

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast