+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Warrior BiS 2.5

Default Warrior BiS 2.5

New version has been released

I made a picture guide explaining basic & advanced usage of this spreadsheet!

Version 2.5 of the Warrior spreadsheet is here!

- All skills and abilities changes updated.

- New PA trees added.

- Comes with premade Paragon, Tempest, Riftblade (1 and 1.5 seconds GCD versions), and everyone's favorite Tempagon spec.

- Added Energy/s calculation for each spec.

Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/Warrior25
    Last edited by Darkranger; 07-12-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

I wouldn't have bothered to do the Tempagon spec as it's not gonna last long, as it shouldn't. Did you put your overly complicated and unrealistic rotations in here or what is being widely used? As always good work and thanks for doing this though.

Let's not fight.

Yes the Paragon spec uses this rotation.

Complicated/hard to execute? Sure. But 100% doable in game, only affected by server lag (as all rotations are, and the spreadsheet does take into account 80ms server delay per GCD). The RH on 10th GCD can fit within Alarcity (snugly) so long as you're pressing Alarcity very close before the first RH, and server lag does not exceed 100ms (Trion pls remove server lag from our GCDs, ty).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    I wouldn't have bothered to do the Tempagon spec as it's not gonna last long, as it shouldn't. Did you put your overly complicated and unrealistic rotations in here or what is being widely used? As always good work and thanks for doing this though.
    The exact rotation matters to the same extent that it matters if you deviate from the rotation. If you run a slightly tweaked rotation, the difference in the stat weights will be very small.

The rotation is basically just a list of how many times in a block each ability is used. An extra 1-pt finisher here and there hardly matters. As long as the big hitters are correctly counted, the stat weights are close enough.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Fixed a bug with the AP from the new PA trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    The exact rotation matters to the same extent that it matters if you deviate from the rotation. If you run a slightly tweaked rotation, the difference in the stat weights will be very small.

The rotation is basically just a list of how many times in a block each ability is used. An extra 1-pt finisher here and there hardly matters. As long as the big hitters are correctly counted, the stat weights are close enough.
    I understand that and you understand that. But for the vast majority of people who DL this sheet, and look at the calculator, will be thrown off because Darks' rotation is different from the one that will be the most widely used, I can assure you of that.

@Dark. I'm not trying to argue with you and, as I stated before, I think you do great work. But from a standpoint of the Paragon rotation I think yours off is all. Regardless, I never use the spreadsheets to determine what my DPs should be anyway, so it's transparent to me
    Last edited by Killian26; 11-09-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkranger View Post
    Let's not fight.

Yes the Paragon spec uses this rotation.

Complicated/hard to execute? Sure. But 100% doable in game, only affected by server lag (as all rotations are, and the spreadsheet does take into account 80ms server delay per GCD). The RH on 10th GCD can fit within Alarcity (snugly) so long as you're pressing Alarcity very close before the first RH, and server lag does not exceed 100ms (Trion pls remove server lag from our GCDs, ty).
    Server lag isn't the major issue. oGCD abilities back to back to back is more of an issue. We've already discussed this in the Paragon thread so I won't clutter you spreadsheet page with it....just saying though. When I said complicated I didn't mean the one you linked above; I meant the other stuff you were going over in a previous thread that I thought you were trying to implement.
    Last edited by Killian26; 11-09-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Can you detail me what you feel is a more apt Paragon rotation? I'm genuinely curious. Use any format you'd like, but it has to be:
    1) Legal in game - At least 14 GCDs used between every 2 uses of 15 second cooldowns, etc.
    2) Repeatable - At least 60 seconds rotation to cover Alarcity use, and the end should transition smoothly to the beginning.

Can you detail me what you feel is a more apt Paragon rotation? I'm genuinely curious. Use any format you'd like, but it has to be:
    1) Legal in game - At least 14 GCDs used between every 2 uses of 15 second cooldowns, etc.
    2) Repeatable - At least 60 seconds rotation to cover Alarcity use, and the end should transition smoothly to the beginning.

I already have, Jopok already has, and Kodlak already has. You're looking at that spreadsheet too much without testing it in an actual live setting to confirm.

...you need to use RH to line things up and to save on power.
    Can't use that in a spread sheet. I'll need a detailed rotation or there's nothing I can do.

Also not going to enter a rotation using 15 second CD after 13.5 seconds and rationalize it with server lag because that's too big of a variable, and no other rotation does that so any comparison would be worthless.
    If you think 15 seconds CDs fit inside a 9 GCD window I won't argue, it may be the case. But if it is you should be consistent about it and write all your 15s blocks as 9 GCDs.

Can't use that in a spread sheet. I'll need a detailed rotation or there's nothing I can do.

Also not going to enter a rotation using 15 second CD after 13.5 seconds and rationalize it with server lag because that's too big of a variable, and no other rotation does that so any comparison would be worthless.
    If you think 15 seconds CDs fit inside a 9 GCD window I won't argue, it may be the case. But if it is you should be consistent about it and write all your 15s blocks as 9 GCDs.
    I've posted a rotation and they are exactly 15s blocks before refreshing SB. SB is oGCD now and as such the timer starts on the ability used after SB...not SB itself. Jopoks' burst rotation are exactly 15s blocks as well. The alacrity blocks are 9s because if you add a GCD you are going to lose that last RH 99% of the time and that's more of a dps loss than not using Tranquility during SB once a minute.

We've been down that road, we know where it leads. I pointed out TQ in is used after 14GCDs in your block 3 -> block 2, you said "...you need to use RH to line things up and to save on power.", I need you to post a rotation.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    I've posted a rotation and they are exactly 15s blocks before refreshing SB. SB is oGCD now and as such the timer starts on the ability used after SB...not SB itself. Jopoks' burst rotation are exactly 15s blocks as well. The alacrity blocks are 9s because if you add a GCD you are going to lose that last RH 99% of the time and that's more of a dps loss than not using Tranquility during SB once a minute.
    Dps calcs have always been poor examples of real dps. They look for perfect examples of rotations that never happen on live.

His perfect block should only be used to compare between sets of gear. That difference should correlate well in a real raid example.

Outside of the vacuum of perfection, that rotation is not viable, nor is it 100% repeatable. Dark doesn't realise this.

Excel dps is real dps...........

We've been down that road, we know where it leads. I pointed out TQ in is used after 14GCDs in your block 3 -> block 2, you said "...you need to use RH to line things up and to save on power.", I need you to post a rotation.
    I did! /10char

Until you post a rotation I'm done having this discussion with you Killian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast