+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Casual Man's Paragon

Default Casual Man's Paragon

This is the first time I have ever in my history of playing Rift posted a guide, so take it easy on me.

I came up with this spec for more casual players who want to be able to play Paragon but not have a long complex rotation.

54 Paragon 22 Champion

Buffs:
    Way of the River
    Way of the Wind
    Soldier's Bearing
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Turn the Blade
    Focus of Body (Will be replaced in a raid by the bard)

Macros:

TtT
    #show Thread the Trees
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Thread the Trees

OtS
    #show Open the Stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

SS
    #show Swift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

DT
    #show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Death Touch
    cast Shock Pulse

TR
    #show Tranquility
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Tranquility
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

Other skills:
    Shifting Blades (SB)
    Flurry (for Disconnects)
    Grasping the Horizon (for Disconnects)
    Sweeping Blades
    Mark of Inevitability

Rotation:

Mark of Inevitability (Refresh every 60s)
    TtT-TtT-TtT (Opener only)
    OtS-OtS-OtS
    SS-SS-SS
    SS-SS-SS
    DT-DT-SB
    TR-TR-TR
    TR-TR-TR (Back to OtS)

I know it's not the best spec for high end DPS but it works and it flows smoothly, at least for me, and I will be honest, I've only tested it so far on a Dimension dummy. Haven't taken the time to take it into a Dungeon or Raid to give it a go.
    "Wizards First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

The opener would be bad for only a few fights. Like reggie. seeing as u will charge into the middle like i did and die. But other then that. ur rotation looks great. in some fights u might have to open with SS or SM for the DP proc. Other then that ur rotation looks solid and pretty simple to work.
    Last edited by Paradoxian; 11-09-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Id also remove 4 points from Combat P (para tree) and put them into FoF and run like the wind. U may be casual but if u ended up pugging a raid or something its a very helpful ability to help u get from point A -> .5 of B followed by TtT -> B. gotten me out alot of tough spots in experts, pvp and raids.

Just a quick note: you don't have to use Swift Strike at all anymore, because Setting Moon does the exact same damage and puts up Double Jeopardy, too.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Just a quick note: you don't have to use Swift Strike at all anymore, because Setting Moon does the exact same damage and puts up Double Jeopardy, too.
    Yeah, either skill could be used, SM and SS both proc Double Jeopardy and do the same damage. I think I just used SS to add a different attack into the rotation.
    "Wizards First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxian View Post
    The opener would be bad for only a few fights. Like reggie. seeing as u will charge into the middle like i did and die. But other then that. ur rotation looks great. in some fights u might have to open with SS or SM for the DP proc. Other then that ur rotation looks solid and pretty simple to work.
    Right I've actually done that on Reggie too and it's funny as hell I think.

On that note, with an encounter like Reggie the opener I would use would be Mark then Grasping the Horizon, then the normal rotation.

Champion

Honestly with a couple paragon specs, you can play it with 1 button now, with open the stream, and then one more macro with Shifting blades, alacrity and combat focus reaping harvest in it.

#show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Death Touch
    cast Tranquility
    cast Setting Moon
    cast shock pulse
    cast Shield of Will

#show Combat Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Combat Focus
    cast Alacrity
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall

I also have some abilties seperate, but really you can not get much simpler than that, spam 1, use open the stream when its not on the target, and use the 2nd macro for burst at 3 combo points, then go back to spamming 1.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

This build doesn't go far enough in to get Combat Focus.

Champion

61 paragon 10 champ/warlord 5 temp, that is the specs you can basically one button.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Weenz I gave your macros a shot with 61para/10champ/5temp and honestly I'm getting around the same DPS. Good call on the easy mode macros. I did take Shifting Blades so I can manage it by itself.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
    Weenz I gave your macros a shot with 61para/10champ/5temp and honestly I'm getting around the same DPS. Good call on the easy mode macros. I did take Shifting Blades so I can manage it by itself.
    Against a dummy it's great, but once you get out on live you start to have issues.

You lose melee range just for an instant and instead of a follow up you get a 1 point finisher which throws your rotation off and drops your DPS like a stone.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Started to mess with paragon and silly lazy macros, looked sexy on dummies.
    Went to a dungeon, **** dps.
    Started to use 0 macro paragon.
    Oh **** I hurt.

Lifecycle of warrior dps seeking them paragonnumbers.

Yeah I haven't tested out the 61 with the two macros in a dungeon yet, so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by Grishnakh; 11-09-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Love these books.
    Last edited by Foehammer25; 11-09-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post

Love these books.
    Totally off topic but I do too. Read them all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast