+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [2.5] Warrior PvP build 51 Para / 25 WL / 0 Temp - 'Lord of War 2.0'

Plane Touched

Default [2.5] Warrior PvP build 51 Para / 25 WL / 0 Temp - 'Lord of War 2.0'

Hey Guys,

Another patch another update for us warriors, 2.5 brings a lot of goodies for us as we all know now. I wasn't going to release this build till after a good week of testing but I had a large number of people ask me what im currently running so here it is Lord of War 2.0. Now please guys Iím not way saying this is the best spec for warrior but Iím sure you guys will like it due to the high dps high burst and pretty good survivability The burst from paragon is so awesome it can half HP squishy people in 2 GCD's especially if you have Piercing Thrust and Back hand ready.

Please check out my video guide of this build and i will be doing some videos soon of my warrior using this build so if youíre interested subscribe

CONTENTS:
    1. Link to Video
    2. Build / Pros / Cons
    3. Macros / Abilities on skill bar / Buffs
    4. Play Style / Tips
    5. Recommended Add-ons

1. Link to Video Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note im in War Lord PvP gear, 4 maxed Planar Attunements and NO conquest Power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S9kI...ature=youtu.be

2. Build / Pros / Cons
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BUILD: http://i.imgur.com/JrgDtVo.jpg
    -Also you must use Paragon Synergy Crystal
    -This build is tons better with Turn the Blade buff, but up to you really..

If you donít want to use Tempest or donít have Storm Legion souls swap it for Champion or whatever you like

PROS: Now I may forget some things but the pros are
    -Tanky. Thick of Battle (-15 % Range DMG) Tranquility (-20% Range DMG) do they stack ?? can someone confirm with me!!
    -Great DPS, Awesome Burst, Good on energy
    -2x Gap closer's with root and 1x stun
    -2x Selfheal skills (now stacks) and No Permission to Die when your low HP
    -Utility Forced March (50% Run speed) and Fleet of foot (50% run speed 21 sec) Run speed passive +8%
    -Decently amount of extra HP
    -Simple and easy rotations and play style

CONS:
    -Limited Mobility (Can easily lead to death = careful with your position)
    -AOE sucks period. Sweeping Blades -70% dmg reduction??? Really Trion ??
    -Take awhile to build up

3. MACROS / ABILITIES / BUFFS Please guys configure them to YOUR style this is just my macros

DAT BURST MACRO: TAP THE MACRO TILL AT LEAST TRANQUILITY AND DEATH TOUCH ARE USED

#show Shifting Blades
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Tranquility
    cast Death Touch
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Backhand

BUILD: YOU CAN REMOVE EYE OF THE STORM AND KEEP IT ON SEPARATE KEY IF YOU PREFER

#show Death Touch
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Shield of Will
    cast Backhand

FINISHER

Just use Reaping Harvest

GAP CLOSER

#show Thread the Trees
    cast Thread the Trees
    cast Into the Breach

CC: STUN

#show Predictable Movements
    cast Predictable Movements
    cast Wrist Strike

ABILITIES ON SKILL BAR

-Break Free
    -Forced March
    -Fleet of Foot
    -Flinching Strike
    -No permission to die
    -Grasping the horizon
    -Flurry

BUFFS Try to use Karuuls Alert system addon for buffs below

-Turn the Blade
    -Focus of Body
    -Way of the Wind
    -Way of the sun
    -Enhanced Conductivity
    -Recovery Posture

4. Play Style / Tips
    -Wait till you have Flowing Strikes and 5 stack of Unleashed before using burst macro
    -Watch your positioning dont over extend to much
    -CC healer when low hp then unleash dat burst macro
    -Burst macro can literally half HP some squishy people

5. Recommended Addons

Karuuls Alert addon can be found here:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert

Montage's Killing Blow Indicator:
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...Indicator.html

and if you have the 'Lord of War' Title for your warrior in game when you use this build you'll turn into a giant raging warrior of death ....jokes !!!

Shadowlander

I'm not finished with my personal tests, but I had a similar build yesterday.

You use Shifting Blades inside the Burst macro? So it would be helpfull in your guide to tell not to start with the burst macro without 3 attack points.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm not finished with my personal tests, but I had a similar build yesterday.

You use Shifting Blades inside the Burst macro? So it would be helpfull in your guide to tell not to start with the burst macro without 3 attack points.
    Son of a *****!! Doesnt matter how many times I proof read my guides there is almost something i miss lol.

Yes everyone build 3 points before using burst macro then go nuts...
    Last edited by harri077; 11-08-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Can we get a build link that's not an image?

Nice build, I like it more then 51 Para/25 Champ build I posted here. This build remides me of 61 Para/13 WL/2 Temp from last patch(2.4).

First game trying it too. =P
    http://i.imgur.com/6wiTykn.jpg
    The "D" in Djent is silent.
    Djent

Default Champ instead of Tempest ?

You could sub Champion for Tempest to add a third charge (Bull Rush) if you can live without the ranged spam. 3x charges and two sprints is pretty good mobility, actually. You can "ladder" through enemies forward or backwards via charges.

Another comment: I'd separate Wrist Strike which is only useful for weapon wielders such as melees and rangers from Predictable Movements. It would suck to use Wrist Strike because it was in a macro on a caster...
    Last edited by Fiala; 11-08-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Default Additional comments

I generally frontload Tranquility and Death Touch at the very start of my spam macro. The chief reason for Tranquility going first is for the 20% damage reduction to range, not to mention it's one of your two highest single target DPS abilities (the other being DT)

Defensive Maneuvers has it's own hotkey so I can get the stun when I need it like when my target is at low health and ready to be finished off, especially for a healer so he can't do anything while FInal Blessing blows him up. In between, I load all the oGCD's between those two and Setting Moon.

Spec works pretty well in PvP although I feel sort of limited by just two charges instead of three. But those two sprints are damn nice.

I put Shifting Blades in my finisher macro along with Reaping Harvest. SB fires first as it's got a cooldown.

I use either Way of the Sun or Way of the Mountain depending on what the other team's makeup is like. WOTM if the other side is MM/ranger heavy. Otherwise, Way of the Sun.

Can substitute RB for Tempest to get Stormblade and Flamespear or Champion for a extra charge in place of Tempest. Those are the only worthwhile tertiary souls for this spec I'd think.

Soulwalker

Great work, thanks for sharing!

I've found 61 Para is too squishy without a dedicated healer. Having Defensive Maneuver as a safety net is a massive increase to survivability.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Can we get a build link that's not an image?
    What difference does it make you still end up with the build ?? I could not find a soul talent builder site that had the updated 2.5 changes if you can find one please share it with us here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiala View Post
    You could sub Champion for Tempest to add a third charge (Bull Rush) if you can live without the ranged spam. 3x charges and two sprints is pretty good mobility, actually. You can "ladder" through enemies forward or backwards via charges.

Another comment: I'd separate Wrist Strike which is only useful for weapon wielders such as melees and rangers from Predictable Movements. It would suck to use Wrist Strike because it was in a macro on a caster...
    Yeah going champion is really your own personal preference both are good but unfortunately i still feel we need at least shock pulse. Well wrist strike is 2nd in the CC macro so your stun will hit your target first, just keep an eye on it when its ready or else yes you would use wrist strike accidentally

Quote Originally Posted by Fiala View Post
    I generally frontload Tranquility and Death Touch at the very start of my spam macro. The chief reason for Tranquility going first is for the 20% damage reduction to range, not to mention it's one of your two highest single target DPS abilities (the other being DT)

Defensive Maneuvers has it's own hotkey so I can get the stun when I need it like when my target is at low health and ready to be finished off, especially for a healer so he can't do anything while FInal Blessing blows him up. In between, I load all the oGCD's between those two and Setting Moon.

Spec works pretty well in PvP although I feel sort of limited by just two charges instead of three. But those two sprints are damn nice.

I put Shifting Blades in my finisher macro along with Reaping Harvest. SB fires first as it's got a cooldown.

I use either Way of the Sun or Way of the Mountain depending on what the other team's makeup is like. WOTM if the other side is MM/ranger heavy. Otherwise, Way of the Sun.

Can substitute RB for Tempest to get Stormblade and Flamespear or Champion for a extra charge in place of Tempest. Those are the only worthwhile tertiary souls for this spec I'd think.
    Yeah those are all great suggestions and its a good thing you can custom build this spec to suit you but the reason being shifting blades in my burst macro with Tranquility and Death Touch is they have the same CD (15sec) so that makes things easy, they are also our hardest hitting abilities so its basically mass burst on demand which you know you will have every 15 secs and also building 3 Ap points before using the burst macro is very easy for paragon..

Quote Originally Posted by Jagjaguwar View Post
    Great work, thanks for sharing!

I've found 61 Para is too squishy without a dedicated healer. Having Defensive Maneuver as a safety net is a massive increase to survivability.
    Thanks mate yeah 61 para is just to glass cannon for me so I created this....
    Last edited by harri077; 11-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.

This spec has a lot of the things I like while having a go with my warrior. Even tho, when sneezed by >1 people, it's dead - instantly.
    Dame/Anoreksia - Prestige Rank 1
    "Just set my score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of people rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome." - Forgotten king of pvp

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsleeper View Post
    This spec has a lot of the things I like while having a go with my warrior. Even tho, when sneezed by >1 people, it's dead - instantly.
    I wouldn't say its that squishy But I still think we need a bit more dmg reduction where to implement it i have no idea...

Plane Touched

just realized guys take back hand out of the burst macro and leave it in the builder, sometimes it can go off accidentally with shifting blades...

Default About the Burst macro

After playing with setting aside Tranq/Death Touch along with Shifting Blades and all those oGCD's on it as a separate macro..works very well as on demand burst damage. Typically when I'm at 3 AP's and I see my target is at low health and ready to be blown up..that's when I hit that macro. Preferably after stunning him first.

Great if you can catch a healer low on health and stun him to set that burst up.

Quote Originally Posted by harri077 View Post
    Link appears to be broken!

Plane Touched

Guys sorry but my burst macro is wrong, make sure to take out piercing thrust and back hand, just leave them in your builder macro or on separate key up to you. Apologies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast