+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2.5 - 61 Riftblade

RIFT Guide Writer

Default 2.5 - 61 Riftblade

61 Riftblade

By Kodlak - Legit

This is pretty straight forward, same as it used to be just you know, faster.

61 Riftblade 10 Paragon 5 tempest

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2kGBllkGGFkw/38g/Vg

Buffs:
    Turn the Blade
    Blade of the Ascended
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Way of the River

Rotation:

RI -> Fsp -> RS -> FB
    (BS)FS -> IB -> SS -> IB -> SS -> IB
    SS x3 -> IB
    SS x3 -> IB
    SS x3 -> IB

RI -> Fsp -> RS -> FB
    FS -> SS -> SS -> IB
    SS x3 -> IB
    SS x3 -> IB
    SS x3 -> IB

Repeat.

Ability list:
    SS - Searing Strike
    FS - Frost Strike
    RS - Rift Strike
    Fsp - Flamespear
    RI - Rift Implosion
    BS - Burst Synergy
    FB - Fiery Burst
    IB - Icy Burst
    SP - Shock Pulse

Other important abilities to keep on ur bar:
    Fork
    Riftspear (Should be saved for when its most needed and can be a ST increase, if its a straight ST burn fight use this on CD instead of a SS, although then you should play Paragon)
    Storm Burst/Earth Burst
    Thunder Strike
    Stonespear (Interrupt)
    Riftwalk
    Rift Travel

Don't have any parses to post atm, but in livegear in DF i was hovering around 28k, thats about 1k below Paragon, haven't done any extensive testing whatsoever, but theres not much that changed in 61 RB that i can see
    Last edited by Kodlak; 11-07-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Shield of Telara

couple of comments though i know nobody really plays rb anymore so i'll keep it short:

-aoe rotation parses better if you turn ttb off; since dimensions are down i cant test properly but after some drrs and (very unscientific) tb parsing it became apparent. this is because EB/SB will be on cd constantly and you will have to use fb/ib, dps loss on many targets. dont use burst synergy in ttb aoe rotation for this reason unless you know riftstorm, sb, eb are off cd

-the rift implosion priority rotation (ie always keep ri ticking, every time it hits get it back up next gcd) still parses somewhat higher, 400~ dps gain for me, though my ap is low (1k cp, t2 epic weap)

-flamespear hits harder without ttb, does not reduce damage if ttb is applied after fs. anywhere between 200-400 dps depending on crits, dont get used to it as im sure its not intended and iwll get fixed. same deal with riftstorm i think, havent tested

-fork toggle doesnt eat a gcd but ttb toggle does (1sec), be mindful when turning off ttb to fork rs/fs

Shield of Telara

****ing edit timer. just tested, ttb doesnt reduce riftstorm damage if its up before ttb gets toggled on. also doesnt reduce damage if you apply rift implosion then turn on ttb though doing this regularly might not be a dps increase as ttb takes up a gcd

RIFT Guide Writer

Yeah this is just basic stuff since someone asked for a standard rotation/build whatever to be posted here

Shield of Telara

looks like burst synergy is currently bugged and will eat more than 1 tick if you use thunder strike on more than 1 target. not really sure what causes it, but it pretty much means you cant use burst synergy while aoeing as rb.

I'm getting nearly identical numbers with and without Turn the Blade. Ideally we would use all our cooldowns without Turn the Blade, then enable Turn the Blade for SS/ib spam. It takes a second to cast, and we can remove it without spending a GCD.

I think it might be worth it at least for the Burst Synergy block if we switch things up a bit. Something like:

(BS)FS - FB - RS - IB - RI - IB
    Fsp - Turn the Blade - SS - SS - IB
    SSx3 - IB
    SSx2 - IB

comes out as 14.5s block. Might be worth it for the non Burst Synergy blocks as well, needs some number plugging.
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

Btw. I've noticed RI does not take a stack of Burst Synergy when casted but takes a stack when it explodes. Casting RI will still give you the 3 attack points even if it doesnt take a stack.

Using this knowledge you could potentially get 4x Burst Synergy procs.

(BS)
    RI -> IB
    SS* -> IB
    SS* -> IB
    SS* -> IB

* = takes BS stack

This can be done with and without TTB.

If you want proof of this, spam the following macro for free 3pt Bursts
    (Note: doing this is not a dps gain it is just a proof of concept. You essentially don't use any builders, this is just here for proof that you can spam bursts for 30 seconds without taking a stack of BS because of RI)

#show Burst Synergy
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Burst Synergy
    cast Rift Implosion
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

Posting this here may get it nerfed / fixed but i believe it is an interesting interaction between the skills and only really gets you 1 extra 3 point IB per minute - nothing game breaking (~200 dps increase). It also allows the non-ttb rotation to line up for one block per minute (no 1 point icy ). On the other hand it makes the ttb rotation use a 2pt icy at the end of one block.

This is narrowly not gamebreaking. This needs to be fixed asap.
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

*Bump for Riftblade Justice since no one plays RB anymore*

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    *Bump for Riftblade Justice since no one plays RB anymore*
    Riftblade #1 in fun since 2005

Shadowlander

Shouldn't be Frost strike first before flamespear?

It only increases elemental strike damage (i.e. searing, thunder, and rift strike).
    Does not matter where you put it as long as it is ahead of your SS spam.

RIFT Guide Writer

It doesn't seem like a good idea to me to use Frost Strike straight after rift strike though. It will cost you dps on your opening to not have FrS up before RS, but also later during fights if you are slow with your rotation for whatever reason (like lag or some mechanic taking ur attention) your FS might drop before you get RS off.
    I don't know if this is the best opener but what I do is (starting with 0AP):
    SP->IB
    SP->FrS->RS->FB
    (BS)RI->IB
    FS->IB

And then a whole lot of SS and IB spam. This way you get enhanced burst and frost strike up before using rift strike, riftstrike and enhanced burst before FB and you get 4 ticks of burst synergy because of the interaction with rift implosion. First 2 abilities are shockpulse because this time I usually need to get into melee range.

About TTB: I don't like using this because it just doesn't work with aoeing at all. The DPS difference with this on when doing pure ST doesn't seem big so I rather avoid having to toggle this.

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    It doesn't seem like a good idea to me to use Frost Strike straight after rift strike though. It will cost you dps on your opening to not have FrS up before RS, but also later during fights if you are slow with your rotation for whatever reason (like lag or some mechanic taking ur attention) your FS might drop before you get RS off.
    I don't know if this is the best opener but what I do is (starting with 0AP):
    SP->IB
    SP->FrS->RS->FB
    (BS)RI->IB
    FS->IB

And then a whole lot of SS and IB spam. This way you get enhanced burst and frost strike up before using rift strike, riftstrike and enhanced burst before FB and you get 4 ticks of burst synergy because of the interaction with rift implosion. First 2 abilities are shockpulse because this time I usually need to get into melee range.

About TTB: I don't like using this because it just doesn't work with aoeing at all. The DPS difference with this on when doing pure ST doesn't seem big so I rather avoid having to toggle this.
    FrS before RS > RS before FS.

My rotation:
    SP > IB [or IB with w.e AP you have]
    Frost Strike > Rift Strike > Flamespear > Fiery Burst
    Then SS/IB spam.

TTB for Riftblade depends on your CP (Tested this A LOT)
    With test-gear for T1, they both pull the same #s. There's variance of +/- 300, but that's just crit %.
    With my live gear for T1 [1000 CP], I get 500-1000 more DPS from TtB than not.
    And if you have any math background, that kind of makes sense.

As for AoEing/not AoEing - its simple really. Just add "cancelbuff Turn The Blade" to your Thunderstrike macro and "cast [notactive] Turn the Blade" to your searing strike macro.
    Assuming you aren't constantly switching to AoE and ST [I don't know of a fight atm that requires that], it'll naturally set itself and you'll lose like 0.5s in macro lag registering.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-23-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Why not go 13 paragon 2 tempest? You get 3% parry and focus of body for solo running.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2kGBllkGGFkw/38h0/Vq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast