+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my take on Paragon(61) / Warlord(10) / Tempest(5)

Soulwalker

Default my take on Paragon(61) / Warlord(10) / Tempest(5)

I noticed after putting together this text that a similar post was made a few weeks ago. Anyway it seems the macros are set up different so maybe this is a valid post (and it is my first post here so I am not giving up on posting it).

== == == == == ==

Paragon(61) / Warlord(10) / Tempest(5)

This is my current melee raiding spec and I like to get comments and possibly get others to try it out. It is basically the normal paragon without the Riftblade component, and gives improved base damage on all skills plus better energy management (compared to spamming Icy Burst). It is an easy spec to use and it handle disconnects well as it has a ranged ST damage that is just below that of the Tempest specs.

To put it in some perspective... my normal Tempest do 12k ST damage, this easily do above 17k ST damage. Only stone/vial used, no raid buffs. (Yeah, I am on raid tier 1 but this could still be useful stuff.)

What does 10 points in the Warlord "support" soul add: 5 points in Soldiers Might add 10% Str, and 5 points in Strength of Arms adds 10% more AP and 10% more damage. Feels like a very nice output from 10 soul points.

The rotation is extremely easy, some frown on this, but I love it as it makes me a better raider.

macro #1 *2 + finisher
    (macro #2 * 2 + finisher) *3

This take just about 15 seconds and keep up Shifting Blades, cast as many Death Touch as possible, and all paragon buffs will be optimised (as much as is realistically possible)

Macro 1
    #show Setting Moon
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse

Macro 2
    #show Swift Strike
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Death Touch
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

Finisher Macro
    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Skyfall

Yes, horrible me, I have a ranged skill in each of the above macros to make disconnects as painless as possible. For more efficient (temporary) ranged dps you probably want to add a macro that looks like this:

Ranged Macro
    #show Grasping the Horizon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Grasping the Horizon
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

You will also use Flurry for ranged dps.

Cheers!
    Elfwyn@Blightweald a returning player since 11 weeks ago

Soulwalker

I was wondering if you could post the rotation for the build you are using. Please and thank you.

He posted rotation : " macro #1 *2 + finisher
    macro #2 * 2 + finisher) *3 "

That mean: press macro 1 twice and then finisher, then press macro 2 twice then finisher.
    Macro 2 + finisher rotation should be used 3 times before reaplying macro 1.
    That's all.
    Ive been using this build cause its really easy and Im kinda lazy, and it quite nice, got some 13 k dps on first boss in TotDQ yesterday with dungeon/infinity stones gear, not all of it upgraded, and first tier crystal with only the first bonus enabled.

So , thanks Elfwyn, may the Emperor watch over you.
    Last edited by Cutitarul; 10-23-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Edit: post removed
    Last edited by tyrantstealth; 10-26-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Soulwalker

so is there a aoe rotation and what buffs?

+ Reply to Thread