+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beyond Infinity 2.4, 61 Tempest 8 RB 7 Paragon guide with macros and rotation.

Default Beyond Infinity 2.4, 61 Tempest 8 RB 7 Paragon guide with macros and rotation.

I changed the original build 2.2 61 Tempest to match 2.4 changes.

Kudos to Steelwind for the original build.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...est-guide.html

61 tempest 8 Rifblade 7 Paragon

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#38q/VkGaGBkGll4/28g

Moved 2 points from Elemental Flux/Fiery Burst to weapon familiarity as it's passive now and 4% more AP and weapon DPS is much better than +3/6% chance to proc storm blade and/or using fiery burst in rotation. Also Delayed Blast is integrated into the rotation.

Macro button bound in square brackets. I reserve [1] for interrupt in all my builds.

Buffs: Wavelength, Enhanced Conductivity, Empower, Avatar of the Wind, Storm Blade, Way of the River
    Tempest Raid T1/T2 Crystal with 4-piece bonus.

Builder1 [2]
    #show Charged Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Flamespear
    cast Electricity Blast

Builder2 [4]
    #show Dual Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dual Pulse
    cast Shock Pulse

Builder3 [6]
    #show Delayed Blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Focused Fire
    cast Delayed Blast
    cast Shock pulse

Finisher1 [3]
    #show Arc
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Arc
    cast Skyfall

Finisher2 [5]
    #show Lightning Torrent
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Electricity Cascade
    cast Lightning Torrent

Finisher3 [7]
    #show Skyfall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Skyfall
    cast Delayed Blast Detonator

ROTATION

You always open with builder2 3 times to get crystal bonus up and SPx2 is to align Dual Pulse cooldown.

Rotation starts after opening.

3 22(2 sec)2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 (6 sec) 3 2(2 sec)2 2 2 3 4 4 5 6 77 6 6 6
    or
    3 22(2 sec)2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 (6 sec) 3 2(2 sec)2 2 2 3 4 4 5 6 77 4 4 4

Translates to

Opening
    Dual Pulse> Shock Pulse> Shock Pulse

Rotation
    Arc> Focused Fire> Charged Pulse> Double Pulse> Flamespear> Electricity Blast> Skyfall
    Dual Pulse> Shock Pulse> Electricity Cascade> Lightning Torrent
    Arc> Charged Pulse> Double Pulse> Flamespear> Electricity Blast> Skyfall
    Delayed Blast> Skyfall> Delayed Blast Detonator
    Shock Pulse> Shock Pulse> Shock Pulse
    Rinse and Repeat

If you're using 2 Tempest (highly unlikely) in raid one should start with

Dual Pulse> Shock Pulse> Electricity Cascade>
    Lightning Torrent> Skyfall>
    Shock Pulse> Dual Pulse> Shock Pulse> Rotation

and Focused Fire is aligned to be up nearly 100%.

AOE Rotation [Tempest AOE is mediocre at best]

Delayed Blast> Dual Pulse> Electricity Cascade
    Delayed Blast Detonator> Strom Torrent> Chain Pulse
    Electricity Blast> Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Chain Pulse
    Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Dual Pulse> Electricity Cascade
    Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Chain Pulse
    Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Electricity Blast> Chain Pulse
    Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Offensive Blast> Chain Pulse

That should basically be the perfect AOE rotation, but I find it very hard to rotate that as there's targets dying and torrent positioning must most likely be done so that you don't pull more with it. In my experience the AOE rotation always goes borked, and I end up smashing Electricity Cascade, Delayed Blast + Detonator and Storm Torrent randomly when they are off CD.

Parses:
    Main Hand Blade of the Hailstorm 259.8 DPS + Honed Edge
    Off Hand Edge of Torment 259.8 DPS + Honed Edge

Old 10/5 build

AP 3833
    PC 2712 (30.53%)
    CP 649 (29.10%)

4:05 min 13602 DPS

Beyond Infinity 2.4, 61 Tempest 8 RB 7 Paragon guide with macros and rotation.-tenfive.jpg

This build

AP 3951
    PC 2712 (30.53%)
    CP 649 (29.10%)

4:04 min 14199 DPS

Beyond Infinity 2.4, 61 Tempest 8 RB 7 Paragon guide with macros and rotation.-eightseven.jpg

Hope there's not too many typos/misstakes as I can't edit this after 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Beanster; 09-23-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Can you try to parse with this opener instead:

Start with 3 AP
    Electricity Cascade
    Delayed Blast > Skyfall > Delayed Blast Detonator
    Dual Pulse > Shock Pulse > Shock Pulse

On a 1 minute parse I get a few houndred dps more for early burst. I ended both parses at the end of the second cycle through your rotation.

Your opener

My opener

Could be RNG, but it works for me.

Edit: Looking at my parses again, I miss delayed explosion. It doesn't work on raid boss dummy in my dimension. Should be a few more dps than that then.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 09-23-2013 at 08:53 AM.

I didn't make this guide for burst purpose, but for raiding and then you might not want to do stupid bursts at the start and the other main thing was to get the extra 4% AP & Weapon DPS from Paragon taking only 8 points from RB.

Best 10 second burst (at the start) I can think of is

3ap

Delayed Blast Detonator> Electricity Cascade> Dual Pulse> Shock Pulse> Focused Fire> Arc> Charged Pulse> Double Pulse> Delayed Blast detonator> Flamespear> Electricity Blast> Skyfall

Usefull in pvp on healers. In pvp use AOE stun right after Arc.
    Last edited by Beanster; 09-23-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelkind View Post
    Edit: Looking at my parses again, I miss delayed explosion. It doesn't work on raid boss dummy in my dimension. Should be a few more dps than that then.
    Delayed Blast have flight time so you must not touch the Skyfall & Detonator macro before GCD is gone because detonator will trigger but not detonate if the blast is still on air. Detonator being OGCD macro will pop it if Skyfall is waiting for GCD.
    Last edited by Beanster; 09-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.

If you want to maximize the rotation, it's better to go with a 2 Point Icy Burst than a 1 Point Skyfall.

Code:
    ROTATION

Arc > Focused Fire > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse > Flamespear > Electricity Blast
    Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse* > Electricity Cascade
    Lightning Torrent

Arc > Focused Fire > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse > Flamespear > Electricity Blast
    Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Electricity Cascade
    Shock Pulse > Shock Pulse > Icy Burst > Delayed Blast > Shock Pulse > Shock Pulse

* - Delayed Blast Detonator

OPENER

Any No. of Attack Points:
    • Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Electricity Cascade > LT or DB segment
    • DB Segment: Use this if you're running with another Tempest and they're opening with Arc. It'll line up Focused Fire up-time.
    ^This is what I've personally been using since Storm Legion Beta, there's only been slight modifications as a result of changes to Riftblade Bursts.

You effectively extend the time on Delayed Blast Detonator and it'll line up on Dual Pulse (macro it to this), then you wouldn't have to worry about the flight time of Delayed Blast. You can also pop it on the Arc Segment because it won't proc Arc. The only reason I did it this way is so it spreads out all your bursts ARC > CP > DB > LT so you can get some better sustained. The risk of doing it this way is when you have "forced disconnect" you'll run into issues of firing it or not, of course once you have more experience on the encounter and their mechanics you'll just simply pop it earlier if necessary.

EDIT: You can swap Dual Pulse and Shock Pulse around now since you no longer need to apply Amped. Of course this would only matter for the opening rotation if you are that particular.
    Last edited by Byaku; 09-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.

I've personally found that starting with

Code:
    Arc > Charged Pulse > Double Pulse > Dual Pulse > Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Flamespear > Electricity Blast > Electricity Cascade > Lightning Torrent >
    Arc >Charged Pulse > Double Pulse > Dual Pulse > Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Flamespear > Electricity Blast > Electricity Cascade >
    followed by either
    Shock Pulse > Skyfall > Shock Pulse x3 > Arc
    or
    Shock Pulse x2 > Icy Burst > Shock Pulse x3 > Arc > repeat the whole process
    feels and performs better for me.
    Last edited by Seranov; 09-23-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

You're all killing me with this whole coming to a gun fight with an unloaded gun. Every rotation on here is completely wrong in terms of optimization and efficiency...even yours Byaku

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    If you want to maximize the rotation, it's better to go with a 2 Point Icy Burst than a 1 Point Skyfall.

Code:
    ROTATION

Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse* > Electricity Cascade
    Lightning Torrent

Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Electricity Cascade
    Shock Pulse > Shock Pulse > Icy Burst > Delayed Blast > Shock Pulse > Shock Pulse

* - Delayed Blast Detonator

OPENER

Any No. of Attack Points:
    • Skyfall > Shock Pulse > Dual Pulse > Electricity Cascade > LT or DB segment
    • DB Segment: Use this if you're running with another Tempest and they're opening with Arc. It'll line up Focused Fire up-time.
    ^This is what I've personally been using since Storm Legion Beta, there's only been slight modifications as a result of changes to Riftblade Bursts.

You effectively extend the time on Delayed Blast Detonator and it'll line up on Dual Pulse (macro it to this), then you wouldn't have to worry about the flight time of Delayed Blast. You can also pop it on the Arc Segment because it won't proc Arc. The only reason I did it this way is so it spreads out all your bursts ARC > CP > DB > LT so you can get some better sustained. The risk of doing it this way is when you have "forced disconnect" you'll run into issues of firing it or not, of course once you have more experience on the encounter and their mechanics you'll just simply pop it earlier if necessary.

EDIT: You can swap Dual Pulse and Shock Pulse around now since you no longer need to apply Amped. Of course this would only matter for the opening rotation if you are that particular.
    Read my macro Dual Pulse> Shock Pulse
    I already have 10 (6 macros+ 4 AE-skills) key binds, with your rotation I'd need even more.

True that 2p IB is some dps gain (145dps base damage so maybe 200 dps?), but I want to macro as much as possible to save key binds to simplify rotation. Tempest is pretty sensitive to keep the rotetion going or you're borked with it. I can't even edit that duuuuhhhh.
    Last edited by Beanster; 09-23-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Champion of Telara

Care to post the correctly optimized rotation then? Interested to see in how it differs from mine
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    You're all killing me with this whole coming to a gun fight with an unloaded gun. Every rotation on here is completely wrong in terms of optimization and efficiency...even yours Byaku
    Care to share your wisdom then Killian?

"no ur doin it rong" is not valid criticism without explaining your position. The burden of proof for your statement is on you, and should you refuse or prove unable to provide it, then you'll just be talking nonsense.

Up front Steel was a great guy, but his rotations leaned more towards simplicity and were nowhere near the best out there for maximizing DPS. People have been using his rotation for a year now and it makes me cringe when I see their dps in an actual encounter. It's not that it's completely horrible per say, but at this point there really isn't an excuse for using it. Now for why it isn't worth a damn to use.

1. Electricity Cascade should be the absolute first thing you get up now that you don't need to maintain amped. It's a 15% buff to all of your attacks and it far outweighs the 4s delay in getting the CP combo going. Tempest isn't RB; if your damage isn't maxed out of the gate then your top end ceiling has just lowered for the duration of the encounter.

2. Oscillation affects all builders but not Skyfall. I say that because, while CP>DP>Fsp>EC>SF looks better on paper it really isn't. Dual Pulse actually hits harder than Skyfall if you weren't aware...one bolt just doesn't crit as hard as one Skyfall. You will lose a minimal amount of damage by doing CP>DP>DP over the other...and that's only if Skyfall crits. Steel's CP combo is way less burst than CP>DP>DP and less DPS overall. To recap Oscillation actually makes all of your builders hit for 27% extra damage when combined with EC.

3. Delayed Blast should be used but it doesn't matter where you fit it in as long as it only replaces a SP. You can line it up to fire off during CP combo for some added burst but it won't affect your bottom line.

4. Focused Fire should always be up for EC>Fsp>EB>CP combo and the initial tick of LT. It shouldn't be up for anything else if your running solo as a Tempest. Bring it up at the beginning and this lines up everytime. Take away...don't put it in a damn macro.

Rotation:
    get 3ap before the encounter starts.
    FF>EC>Fsp>EB>SP>Arc>CP>DP>DP>SF>LT>SP (clip LT at 2ap)
    EC>Fsp>EB>SP>Arc>CP>DP>DP>SF>SPx2>IB>SPx3>EC...rin se repeat

1. I didn't put DB in that rotation, because, I already stated that you can fit it in to replace a SP wherever. Yes I use DB if you're curious.

2. Lightning Torrent needs to be clipped at 2AP. Why do you ask is this. Because if you don't then Arc gets pushed a GCD and CP will get pushed 2GCD's. What do you think happens to Oscillation when this happens....survey says.

I could go on and on but I gotta go eat dinner. But since you won't believe me unless I show you a parse here you go. Mind you this is at 29% crit over the course of five minutes and is one of my low ball parses. I can easily maintain over 16k self buffed. Furthermore, I stop the parse well into my LT channel instead of on the high end right after a CP combo.

See, that was a useful post. Good information with the reasoning explained, too. Why you even bothered making that first one was is beyond me.

2. Lightning Torrent needs to be clipped at 2AP. Why do you ask is this. Because if you don't then Arc gets pushed a GCD and CP will get pushed 2GCD's. What do you think happens to Oscillation when this happens....survey says.
    LT must be clipped at 5 seconds exactly, otherwise CP won't be off CD when it's in rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    LT must be clipped at 5 seconds exactly, otherwise CP won't be off CD when it's in rotation.
    If by "5 seconds" you mean "4 seconds" ...then you'd have it correct. Everything lines up perfectly in Killian's rotation. If you watch the LT channel carefully, you can clip at exactly 4s (slightly before the AP shows up on your portrait), and the rotation becomes very tight.

Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast