+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [2.4] Warrior PvP build 61 WL / 11 RB / 4 Temp - 'Lord of War'

Plane Touched

Default [2.4] Warrior PvP build 61 WL / 11 RB / 4 Temp - 'Lord of War'

Hey Guys,

So after a lot of demand I finally have made this guide. Ive been using this build for a long time and with every patch it gets better and better...well most of the time and so here it is I present the 'Lord of War' build. I have many videos on my YouTube channel with me using this build so ill post a link to one of them, and also Ill be doing a path to P90 series / Gearing up, so if you'll be interested and like my work please subscribe

CONTENTS:
    1. Link to Video
    2. Build / Pros / Cons
    3. Macros / Abilities on skill bar / Buffs
    4. Play Style / Tips
    5. Recommended Addons

1. Link to Video: Just an average game with me using this build
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JBJY...ature=youtu.be

2. Build / Pros / Cons
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BUILD:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8kGGGGGGliGg/Vu/2gEw

If you dont want to use Tempest or dont have Storm Legion souls swap it for 4 points in Paragon.

PROS: Now I may forget some things but the pros are:
    -Nice slice of tankyness, high hp, damage reduction eg: Thick of Battle (-15 % Range DMG)
    -Pretty good DPS
    -Self heal - No Permission to die and Battlefield Medic (now OCD)
    -Decent AOE skill - Killing Field
    -2x Gap closer's with root and 1x stun from RB tree
    -1 sec GCD for all abilities (More dps)
    -Virtually no power starvation
    -Utility - 29 Meter Pulls Generals Order (5 ppl), Sergeants Order (ST), Forced March (50% Run speed) and Defensive Manauver (Leap backwards)

CONS:
    -Limited Mobility (Can easily lead to death = careful with your position)
    -Need to sacrifice Deadly Posture for Self Healing from Recovery Posture
    -AOE kinda sucks Killing Field has long CD
    -Need to manage Surges, really good to use KARUULS ALERT addon, link in the add-on section
    -Battle Surge has nice AP bonus but you take 10% MORE dmg so use it carefully :/ (Please un-nerf it Trion

3. MACROS / ABILITIES / BUFFS Please guys configure them to YOUR style this is just my macros
    ===BURST=====

#show King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Backhand

=BUILD: YOU CAN REMOVE EYE OF THE STORM AND KEEP IT ON SEPARATE KEY IF YOU PREFER=

#show Eye of the Storm
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Eye of the Storm
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Arterial Strike

===FINISHER===

cast Breaking Blow
    cast Skyfall
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Arterial Strike

=PULL: KEEP THESE SEPARATE IF YOU PREFER===

#show Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast Shock Pulse

===GAP CLOSER====

#show Into the Breach
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Thunderous Leap

===HEAL: SEPARATE THEM IF YOU PREFER====

#show No Permission to Die
    cast Battlefield Medic
    cast No Permission to Die

===ABILITIES ON SKILL BAR====

-Flame spear
    -Break Free
    -Forced March
    -Defensive Maneuver
    -Battle Surge (USE AT OWN RISK!! NOW YOU TAKE +10% DMG)
    -Tactile Surge (Always keep up)
    -Killing Field (Very nice AOE)
    -Break free
    -Windspear (stun)

===BUFFS Try to use Karuuls Alert system addon for Surges and buffs below==

-Ready Posture
    -Everything is a weapon
    -Battlefield Experience
    -Everything is a weapon
    -Deadly Posture OR Recovery Posture
    -Storm Blade
    -Enhanced Conductivity

4. Play Style / Tips

-You really need to find your own style with this build but generally just try to keep Tactical Surge up all the time when your DPS'ing
    -Dont use Battle Surge unless you have epic heals.
    -Save killing field till you really need to burst someone down.
    -Gap closers have double uses to them, gap close of course and when you need to root someone
    -Try to put flamespear on your target as you engage.
    -Use your pulls to pull a high priority target out from the zerg then follow with a stun will most likely lead to their death, this is easily achieved with the long range of the War Lord pulls.
    -Try to save your burst till you have the damage bonus on the target from Breaking Blow (+5% dmg)

5. Recommended Addons

I cant stress enough how much better Karuuls alert system makes your pvp experience. It saves so much grief. Some say that this add-on eliminates a certain level of skill to the game and thus makes you noob but that is complete bs, I do not see tracking your buffs manually in your bar looking to see if you been purged enjoyable and especially you need this to track then your War Lord Surges have run out.

Karuuls Alert addon can be found here:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert

Montage's Killing Blow Indicator:
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...Indicator.html

and if you have the 'Lord of War' Title for your warrior in game when you use this build you'll turn into a giant raging warrior of death ....jokes !!!

General of Telara

I use slightly different macros, but otherwise the build I have been using looks pretty much the same. It's a great build and I cannot stress enough how big a difference having 4 points in Tempest makes in a battle. I used to use more RB but too often found myself with 3 AP and not in range and that is what caused me to amend my build.

I may give your macros a try and see if the build is even better with them

Plane Touched

What's your macros ?? I'll love to see them ... Yeah having 4 points in temp just makes things so good especially with the 4 point ap change! Now I just want rb self healing skill lower so we can use that plus recovery posture haha

General of Telara

I ended up with

#show General's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] General's Order
    cast Sergeant's Order

To have some control over what to use and not waste a key bind. It's not perfect, if you accidentally double tap shift + whatever it will fire both but at least it won't waste general's if you don't want to.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    I ended up with

#show General's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] General's Order
    cast Sergeant's Order

To have some control over what to use and not waste a key bind. It's not perfect, if you accidentally double tap shift + whatever it will fire both but at least it won't waste general's if you don't want to.
    That's a really good idea!!! I wish I thought of that before...

Plane Touched

Forgot to mention another awesome utility of war lord is the snare eye of the storm awesome skill !!! Go chase down all the marksman's guys

Plane Touched

Mistake in the buff list, i added everything is a weapon twice obviously you only need to buff it once

Prophet of Telara

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Soulwalker

Default Eye of the storm

I think eye of the storm got buffed? I knew it as non usable in pvp. They changed it and it's a good thing for warrior \m/

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Poochar View Post
    I think eye of the storm got buffed? I knew it as non usable in pvp. They changed it and it's a good thing for warrior \m/
    Yes it got buffed, now its so awesome. 10 sec snare on a 10 sec cool down, very nice and handy to have in builder macro if you prefer.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by harri077 View Post
    Yes it got buffed, now its so awesome. 10 sec snare on a 10 sec cool down, very nice and handy to have in builder macro if you prefer.
    Yeah its thanks to you I realised eye of the storm is useful. Until I read it I was using the same build but didn't have it on my bar. I was reading this to see if you did anything differently to me and was like 'why the hell has he got an anti aggro button macro'd' then went in game to check description and was a happy bunny.

With regards to my macros, they likely aren't any use as I just use lazy man macros while I get back into rhythm (only returned couple weeks ago) it's basically the macros from Warblage guide but with eye of storm added and no fiery burst in finisher. Easy to use but less control over burst damage.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Yeah its thanks to you I realised eye of the storm is useful. Until I read it I was using the same build but didn't have it on my bar. I was reading this to see if you did anything differently to me and was like 'why the hell has he got an anti aggro button macro'd' then went in game to check description and was a happy bunny.

With regards to my macros, they likely aren't any use as I just use lazy man macros while I get back into rhythm (only returned couple weeks ago) it's basically the macros from Warblage guide but with eye of storm added and no fiery burst in finisher. Easy to use but less control over burst damage.
    Yeah some people still don't realize its a snare haha... its great much needed skill for us warriors. Well ive been using these macros for long time im pretty sure there best for this build ...might be some more optimizations here and there but they are relatively lazy man friendly

General of Telara

Do you actually use recovery posture much? I have always used deadly for the extra damage and not given much thought to the self heals - is it enough to make a difference. I always wonder whether killing faster or the heals would help more, especially on the occasions I am 1v1 or 1v2.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Do you actually use recovery posture much? I have always used deadly for the extra damage and not given much thought to the self heals - is it enough to make a difference. I always wonder whether killing faster or the heals would help more, especially on the occasions I am 1v1 or 1v2.
    This is the million dollar question...something ive been trying to figure out but from what I gather if I do some simple math Recovery Posture heals me at lvl 60 for around 190 HP every sec basically so over 10 seconds that's 1900Hp. So if you think that's more helpfull than the extra crit chance then go with recovery posture, for me personally ive been using Recovery Posture and have not really noticed any massive amounts of DPS loss, but haven't fully tested to see which one is more combat effective. If someone knows please let me know!!

Hey Harri,

I think the Warfront Menu that disappears off of your screen and clips down around your map is a UI Mounting issue that's been around for a long long time.

- My current solution is mounting it onto my Rift Meter (Where you receive your Planar Rewards). So just try and mount it onto something, it doesn't work well with the Mini-Map.

Basically the Warfront Menu is defaulted to one of the Ability Bars (from what I remember), in your case it's probably trying to find that ability bar which isn't "enabled" so it just clipped itself onto the location that the bar was at or may be at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast