+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy Paragon (Need construtive criticism for more DPS)

Default Easy Paragon (Need construtive criticism for more DPS)

Hey guys, this is my paragon build that I currently use for raids.
    It is made for extreme simplicity without loosing any up times (atleast from what I've seen).

I heard that I should be parsing more around 18K on dummies so I want to know if anyone can help me with boosting the DPS, or atleast what I can do to improve these macros. For those skeptical of if this works or good, try it, it is very easy works and works great, just has a few kinks that I would love for you guys to point out and help me with. Please no flaming!

Thank you very much!

Stats:
    3167 AP
    2391 PC
    891 CP

I pull around 15K ST on raid dummy. No consumables, self buffed.

*The only issue I have encountered is that Combat focus doesn't work right with a finisher, after you use the combat focus macro and finisher it makes the finisher proc a follow up, leaving you with only two attack points after you hit your setting moon macro when starting your rotation again.*

61 Paragon/ 10 Champ/ 5 Tempest

Macro 1:
    #show setting moon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast open the stream
    cast rising waterfall
    cast reaping harvest
    cast setting moon

Macro 2:
    #show shock pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast Rising waterfall
    cast Shifting blades
    cast reaping harvest
    cast shock pulse

Macro 3:
    #show savage sweep
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast rising waterfall
    cast Reaping harvest
    cast savage sweep

Macro 4:
    #show Death touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast final blessing
    cast rising waterfall
    cast Reaping harvest
    cast death touch
    cast swift strike

Combat focus macro:
    #show Combat Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Combat focus

The rotation is as simple as it can be, spam each macro 3 times and go down the line.

so it looks like this:
    Macro 1 x3
    Macro 2 x3
    Macro 3 x3
    Macro 4 x3
    Macro 4 x3
    repeat

then 2nd rotation after the first macro 4 x3 use Combat focus macro.

Champion

How much control do you have over shifting blades with your rotation? You want it to proc off reaping via combat focus and death touch as much as possible. That's the only "pro tip" there is to para.

If you think your dps is low, I'd recommend seperating some of your macros. Para is tricky sometimes getting follow ups to proc or getting 2 ap from them if there's lag.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Champion

*The only issue I have encountered is that Combat focus doesn't work right with a finisher, after you use the combat focus macro and finisher it makes the finisher proc a follow up, leaving you with only two attack points after you hit your setting moon macro when starting your rotation again.*

I to have this problem with combat focus, its rather annoying -.-

Soulwalker

Put a skill like swift strike at last in the combat focus macro, then press 2 times the next macro for following and finisher. Remove the waterfall and the blessing from the first macro.
    That could make your dmg higher

So you need "constructive criticism" for more DPS?
    Here's some: Instead of literally wasting your time writing this "guide" you should have read this:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...gon-seppy.html

"Good night and thank you!"
    Last edited by mhaze; 08-16-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Mhaze it's kinda obvious that I got my spec from seppy's double barreled paragon spec. This post is not trying to discredit him or try to make my own paragon theorycraft thread. I am just looking for feedback on the macros I made with seppy's spec. I know that it's not optimal, but it allows for much more raid awareness. If you haven't noticed that there isn't any "set" macros in seppy's guide or anywhere else really, so that's the point of my posting this.

"good day" to you.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvesfang View Post
    If you haven't noticed that there isn't any "set" macros in seppy's guide or anywhere else really, so that's the point of my posting this.
    Here's some simplified macro's and rotation, using the champ version.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4292726
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

It's not that Paragon is like rocket science, so I just don't understand the need to further complicate things by trying to make it "simpler".

The more abilities you put into a macro, like finishers with builders together, you lose control of what you're doing. A single disconnect could absolutely destroy your rotation. Like it's really not optimal to not have Death Touch as your first skill in the corresponding macro.

I for example use 7 keys for my standard rotation and goes like:

1 - 1 - 5
    3 - 3 - 4
    2 - 2 - 4
    6 - 6 - 4
    2 - 2 - 4

1 - 1 - 5
    3 - 3 - 4
    7/7 - 2 - 4
    6 - 6 - 4
    2 - 2 - 4

That's all there is. No mega macros. 6 and 7 are bound to mouse keys by the way.
    If someone isn't able to execute a rotation like this after some good practicing, maybe he should go and play RB or some spammy WL-specc. I don't know. It's just about muscle memory - it's not even hard. Not a bit.

Everyone has to fight with "raid awareness" when trying out new specs/new rotations. You have to practice at the dummy some time, maybe a 5-man or two. Maybe even three or four. Muscle memory. You'll soon get better.

I don't want to be rude, really, I just don't get it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mhaze View Post
    It's not that Paragon is like rocket science, so I just don't understand the need to further complicate things by trying to make it "simpler".

The more abilities you put into a macro, like finishers with builders together, you lose control of what you're doing. A single disconnect could absolutely destroy your rotation. Like it's really not optimal to not have Death Touch as your first skill in the corresponding macro.

I for example use 7 keys for my standard rotation and goes like:

1 - 1 - 5
    3 - 3 - 4
    2 - 2 - 4
    6 - 6 - 4
    2 - 2 - 4

1 - 1 - 5
    3 - 3 - 4
    7/7 - 2 - 4
    6 - 6 - 4
    2 - 2 - 4

That's all there is. No mega macros. 6 and 7 are bound to mouse keys by the way.
    If someone isn't able to execute a rotation like this after some good practicing, maybe he should go and play RB or some spammy WL-specc. I don't know. It's just about muscle memory - it's not even hard. Not a bit.

Everyone has to fight with "raid awareness" when trying out new specs/new rotations. You have to practice at the dummy some time, maybe a 5-man or two. Maybe even three or four. Muscle memory. You'll soon get better.

I don't want to be rude, really, I just don't get it.
    Hey mate,

Just wondering what's your current macro to be able to do it like that please ? It'd be really helpful if it doesn't matter to send it ofc.

Soulwalker

Anymore information on macro and rotation that you use since the last patch, please kindly share.

I am in the same position as the OP, paragorn spec is the only spec I'm really struggling with dps output. It's something with the disconnects that I am trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbath1 View Post
    Just wondering what's your current macro to be able to do it like that please ? It'd be really helpful if it doesn't matter to send it ofc.
    That's why I linked seppy's guide. I can tell you nothing new here. If it helps, here are my macros:

#show Setting Moon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Setting Moon

#show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Death Touch
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

#show Flamespear [Savage Sweep for Champ version]
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Flamespear [Savage Sweep for Champ version]

#show Reaping Harvest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Skyfall

Shifting Blades, no macro

#show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Shock Pulse

#show Combat Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combat Focus
    cast Reaping Harvest

e>q>4
    M1>2>3
    cntrl1>2>3
    m2>2>3
    1>2>3

e>q>4
    m1>2>3
    5>3
    m2>2>3
    1>2>3
    1>2>r (r is ib)

0 macros. bye and we dont need 100 threads for 1 spec
    Last edited by seppy; 08-17-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Seppy, Mhaze....you guys know that this game means **** in RL, right? What's with the attitude?

There's more than one way to skin a cat - the OP honestly ask for your help - not for some jerk comments.

OP, your problem is a simple one.

Once you reach the situation where, after using combat focus you begin to use follow up's after finishers rather than after builder's your macro's become broken and can fire 2pt finishers, everything gets in a mess and dps goes downhill.

To solve the problem I also strongly recommend separating the skills out, you can still macro follow up's with builders, but at least take out the finishers and give them their own key, even if you still macro SB with RH it will make a difference to you.

Although you will still be using follow ups and builder's back to front, you will have a much smaller chance of making nasty mistakes than can cost alot of dps by getting more control over what your doing, at the moment you have very litttle control at all if things don't go perfectly.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Shadowlander

Heya Wolves!

I like using a 4 macro spam in my simple paragon too. On a dimension raid dummy (3700AP, 2600Crit, 585CP) I get about 16.7k dps after 5 mins, so I think your number is kinda decent since CP value is lowered outside of raid buffs. Keep in mind that the people getting 18k+ might be using a PTS foundry dummy!! Your goal should be to get 16k or more stable.

One thing I can recommend is if you wanna be completely self reliant on energy while testing out macro sequences/priorities while parsing is to go 10RB/5Temp just for parsing. Riftblade energy got awesome buff recently. This lets you use mash away without flurry/bard/chloro. You can replace your savage sweep macro with a flamespear macro. In dungeons/raids I'll just shift 1-2 points into temp damage. So 9RB/6Temp is what I use, personal preference. I like having the safety net in 1/2 Surging Energy.

Regarding your macros, you might wanna re-prioritize them to get Deathtouch in after Shifting Blades since DT hits hard.

So right after Shifting Blade finisher your abilities would hit like..
    Deathtouch with SB proc
    RW with SB proc
    Reaping harvest with SB proc

Like previous posters said, that's a good "pro tip." hehe

Another good thing w/ using a RB variant is that flamespear does not proc Shifting Blades so during the cycle that Deathtouch is on cooldown you can do something like.. Shifting Blades, then use your flamespear macro to do..

flamespear, no SB proc
    RW with SB proc
    Reaping Harvest with SB proc
    ogcd Combat Focus into your next spam macro for Reaping Harvest with SB proc again

Your next SB cycle will have Deathtouch good to go, of course. So it'll alternate if everything goes nicely. SB available with DT available. then SB available with no DT but CF/RH to replace it instead.

Also if the CF/RH ever triggers a followup, I'll just do a 2-point finisher and move along. It happens. According to the other paragon post you can live with..
    Shifting Blades
    ogcd Combat Focus, Reaping Harvest with SB proc
    early RW proc with SB proc
    2-point Reaping Harvest with SB proc

Sorry for typing out all the abilities. I confused myself when I use too many abbrevs. SP,RW,RH,1,7,X,Y,Z Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread