+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FORGET 61RB, GO BERSERKER (pvp)

Rift Disciple

Default FORGET 61RB, GO BERSERKER (pvp)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7k2Q/8kGGGGGGliGg/Vq
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7giq/8kGGGGGGliGg/Vq
    *Note: the difference between the two variants is whether to go 5pts in Take No Prisoners or Deadly Strike, and 2pts in either One on Many or Quick Footed. I use the top variant*

First off, lets be clear that RB/Temp is still our best burst pvp build, but i've always favored the WL soul, found much success with it, and generally have tons more fun than any 61 RB build. Not here to debate WL over RB, but for those who want something different and still contribute to a victory, this is for you.

This build has a higher dps burst than my other build, Warblade. While this build loses a range stun and energy recovery from Surging Energy, it makes up for it in higher dps output. Champ simply has better synergy with WL for putting out Physical damage. Also Shared Suffering is a rogue killer! Especially melee rogues who can put out a lot of attacks in a small amount of time. We also gain an additional Charge/Root ability in Bull Rush to help maintain melee range and close gaps. Lastly we gain Mark of Inevitability which reduces 3600 armor from 10 near by people, however, this hardly makes a difference in pvp. It wouldnt hurt to apply it but dont expect a major increase in dps because of it.

Buffs - Deadly Posture, Ready Posture, Battlefield Experience, Everything is a Weapon, Soldier's Bearing, Enhanced Conductivity, Shared Suffering
    *Note - You can swap the two postures for Recovery and Defensive if you feel the need to last a bit longer i.e holding on to runes or the fang or prevent captures*
    Surges - Tactical Surge should have a 100% uptime. Battle Surge should be used to burn healers or if your not worried about dying thanks to your own team healers. Defensive Surge is best used with Defensive/Recovery Postures for holding/capturing pve objectives.

MACROS:

Charge
    #show Bull Rush
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Piercing Thrust
    Cast Into the Breach
    Cast Clear the Breach
    Cast Bull Rush

Straight forward. Use it to start the attack or help maintain melee range.

Builder
    #show Decisive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Piercing Thrust
    Cast King of the Hill
    Cast Decisive Strike
    Cast A Quick Death
    Cast Empowering Strike
    Cast Backhand
    Cast Arterial Strike
    Cast Shock Pulse

Bread and butter of your assault. Piercing Thrust is the WL strongest attack for burst dps so everything is circled around that. King of the Hill and Decisive Strike are their to help maximize Piercing Thrust.

Finisher
    #show Breaking Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Piercing Thrust
    Cast Breaking Blow
    Cast Skyfall

Again pretty straight forward. if you lose melee distance Skyfall is their to continue punishing them.

Pull
    #show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast General's Order
    Cast Sergeant's Order

Nothing fancy here. Great for pulling players into your mob for focus fire, off ledges if their to scared to come down, and after mages/clerics/rogues teleport away.

Besides the intial zerg v zerg battle of any WF, I almost always start my assault with a Charge followed by Piercing Thrust -> King of the Hill -> Finisher ->Decisive Strike -> Piercing Thrust. This burst damage comes a lot quicker than RB/Temp 8sec Rift Implosion. I've caught many players (including healers) off guard for an easy kill by how FAST and how much dps i've been able to put out in such a short manner of time. Using Killing Field is great to use after Tactical Surge/Breaking Blow. It'll boost your burst dps AND dps sustainability to help finish off players.

All in all this build is really straight forward and should be easy to pick up for experienced WL players. For any new WL pvpers, setting up your Piercing Thurst is absolutely vital. Remember that it also grants an Attack Point, which should bring up your Finishers quicker. Its usable every 6secs (or immediately after Decisive Strike) so try and set up your biggest attacks around it. While you will have great SUSTAINED dps, in pvp its all about the burst dps. Sustained damage is easily healed through. Burst dps, and not sustained dps, is what gets KBs in WFs.

Thats it in a nut shell. Again, this build is no RB/Temp or an insult on it, but its another variant for those who are bored of using the cookie cutter build and want to try something different while still contributing. Should also be noted that currently on PTS servers, Surging Energy now procs at 50% instead of 25% seen on live servers. For this reason, and the all valuable range stun, my Warblade build might be the better option if the warrior changes goes through. We'll just have to see how both builds handles the changes.
    Last edited by HavokToshyn; 08-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Havok Toshyn

Rift Disciple

for swaggeringsabe @Faeblight
    Havok Toshyn

Rift Disciple

still viable for 2.4
    Havok Toshyn

+ Reply to Thread