+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 61 Temp PVE

Soulwalker

Default 61 Temp PVE

Hello this is my first attempt in writing a guide. I would love input on how to better rotation or maximize DPS. If you have a better build please inform us of it if you have a better macro please inform us of it. I am not a math scholar and will not pretend to act like I know what I am talking about when it comes to the numbers.

Tempest (Click for Build)

Macro 1
    #show Arc
    supressmacrofailures
    cast Focused Fire
    cast Arc
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    Cast Dual Pulse

Macro 2
    #show fiery Burst
    supressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

Macro 3
    Not really a macro but putting in order of how I lay them out on my hotbar
    Shock Pulse

Macro 4
    #show Flamespear
    supressmacrofailures
    cast flamespear
    cast Electricity Blast

Macro 5
    #show Lightning Torrent
    supressmacrofailures
    cast Electricity Cascade
    cast Lightning Torrent

Button 6
    Delayed Blast

The rotation little clunky at first but fast to pick up. You will want to use a Tempest Crystal to maximize your DPS.

Rotation
    Try to start with 3 Attack Points at all times ! USE STORM TORRENT FACING AWAY FROM ANY MOBS YOU MIGHT ENGAGE!

1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,4,5,5,1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,4,5,6,3,2,3, 3,3, Detonate Charge. And repeat
    For AoE I Generally use Dual Pulse, Electricity Blast, Offensive Blast, Chain Pulse, Storm torrent, Chain Pulse, Delayed Blast(blow it up) Electricity Blast, Offensive Blast. Then just use abilitys when they are falling off boss or come off CD
    Last edited by epixknight; 08-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Build should be 10RB/5Para. Affinity and Scald are useless, 5 points should be in Teaching of the 5 Rings since Temp mainly relies on builders, which affects Arc. If you are going to make a new Temp guide you need to compare it (with parses) to the old Temp spec, which should out-parse this by a notable margin. Pretty much what I'm saying is, this guide is not useful in comparison to the old one since it is inferior in every way, to put it bluntly.

Soulwalker

can you link me to this wonderful thread you have mentioned?? If it is the same one from back in march? I have tried it and parsed it and it does not perform better then the build I listed above for me. Please be helpful in making a tempest build better I enjoyed your thoughts and yes they did perform better. per the spec listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by epixknight View Post
    can you link me to this wonderful thread you have mentioned?? If it is the same one from back in march? I have tried it and parsed it and it does not perform better then the build I listed above for me. Please be helpful in making a tempest build better I enjoyed your thoughts and yes they did perform better. per the spec listed above.
    Parses please. Another reason this is fishy is because you're using Dual Pulse for an Arc proc, which deals much less than a Skyfall Arc proc. The numbers just don't add up in my mind.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 08-06-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Did the testing for you. Both parses were ended right after a LT to avoid CP/DP burst fluctuation. I also made sure to parse them both ~8 times to make sure I was getting a good reading from them. To see how far apart these really are, I've posted the highest parse I achieved using your build/rotation, and the lowest parse I achieved using the standard. Enjoy.

Your build/rotation: 45.15% crit rate

Standard build/rotation: 45.02% crit rate
    Last edited by Sedvick; 08-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Soulwalker

I want to thank you for doing that for me I was going to try to get in there. As numbers prove my build is behind the build you suggest about 1k behind as I can see. I dont know what i am doing wrong with your suggested build but I am not pulling the higher numbers as you are. I will go back to the drawling board and see what I am doing wrong. Can you please list your rotation for me I would greatly appreciate it,

Plane Walker

Tempest is not my strong suit, but I outparse all the other variants like 10 RB 5 Para, 15 RB etc. with 14 Reaver 1 RB. Dunno why, don't really care either, just dropping it by.

We'll bang, ok?

Good attempt for your first guide. Keep that creative energy going and use the feedback here to help you on your next guide.

"Someday, you'll sit on the throne, and the truth will be what you make it."

Quote Originally Posted by Thag View Post
    Tempest is not my strong suit, but I outparse all the other variants like 10 RB 5 Para, 15 RB etc. with 14 Reaver 1 RB. Dunno why, don't really care either, just dropping it by.
    Agree with Thag; I seem to parse ~.3 - .5k higher than 10 RB/5 Para and ~1k higher than 15 RB with 11 Reaver & 4 Riftblade.

(I see why 14 Reaver was chosen; but the additional 3 points in Reaver net 4.45% Damage increase while 4 points into RB net 4% Damage increaase + 8% Resist Decrease; figured the latter is better)

Only doing direct comparison among the two; the bonuses are much lower when "added" to all the other bonuses from Tempest Tree and such

Even if the small deviance could be crit variance; would still prefer Reaver due to more health, and resist.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 08-09-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Agree with Thag; I seem to parse ~.3 - .5k higher than 10 RB/5 Para and ~1k higher than 15 RB with 11 Reaver & 4 Riftblade.

(I see why 14 Reaver was chosen; but the additional 3 points in Reaver net 4.45% Damage increase while 4 points into RB net 4% Damage increaase + 8% Resist Decrease; figured the latter is better)

Only doing direct comparison among the two; the bonuses are much lower when "added" to all the other bonuses from Tempest Tree and such

Even if the small deviance could be crit variance; would still prefer Reaver due to more health, and resist.
    I must be doing it wrong with the reaver variant... it is 1-2k behind 10rb/5para for me.
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

same thing here. Cant see, why it should be parsing higher. Am I missing something? Or is there something different with the Reaver on PTS than now live?

Champion

I parsed 500 dps lower with 14 reaver than rb/para I can't really see how it would do any better. It has a lot of damage talents but if you include gifts it only comes out about as much as you get from the gifts in the dps souls alone.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Reparsed 10 RB/5 Paragon & 11 Reaver/4 RB 5 times each:
    (Non-relic +65 Hit 1H, CQ Trinket, 3088 AP, 745 CP, 25% Crit Chance)

Range for RB/Para: 12.8 - 13.5k
    Range for Reaver/RB: 12.4 - 13.3k

Since my last post, I have changed my gear significantly /w different stat weights - so my earlier conjecture might have been outdated.

Not entirely sure how this plays out at Thag's gear level or if he is using another rotation that is unbeknownst to us all

As for gifts & such:
    11 Reaver/4 RB - 24.5% damage increase (not multipled, ~ number), +10% to DoTs & (Soul Sickness)
    10 RB/5 Para - 21% damage increase (not multipled, ~ number), +10% to builders, -2% Resist & (+3% Crit, Flamespear, and Fiery Burst)

Champion

i have 3317ap, 28.2 % crit and 628cp in tempest, no consumables no buffs

comparing again i see the same numbers you got solaxys for RB/Para as far as bonuses 21% damage + 10% to builders

for 14 reaver 1 para or RB, i see 26% damage, 10% to dots but you loose out on other talents depending on wich one you take.

not sure why but again i was getting about 13k with 10/5 and about 500 less with reaver variant. my crit chance was low about 30% If i remeber correctly wich isnt terrible, but less than i should be getting with FF 50% uptime.

anyway, yeah for me reaver didnt work out any better and i dont care enough about tempest to put any more thought into it than that.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Rift Chaser

tempest requires a lot of crit, that ones for free.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast