+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 61 Warlord/15 Paragon/0 Tempest PVP

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209

    Default 61 Warlord/15 Paragon/0 Tempest PVP

    61 Warlord/15 Paragon/0 Tempest PVP

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...8kGGGGGGliGg/V

    I'm lazy, so I try to make my macros as few buttons as possible. You can adjust if your not lazy like me.

    Macros:

    Builder
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Backhand
    cast Turn the Blade
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Arterial Strike

    Finisher
    #show Breaking Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Backhand
    cast Turn the Blade
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Arterial Strike

    Pull
    #show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order

    Charge
    #show Sergeant's Order
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Sergeant's Order
    cast General's Order

    3 Points Finisher Buffs To Keep Up
    Tatical Surge
    Battle Surge

    Buffs
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Way of the River
    Deadly Posture
    Battlefield Experience
    Everything is a Weapon
    Ready Posture
    Focus of Body

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Nice post.. your Pull and Charge macros is the same however.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Chage has to be Into the Breach I guess ;-)

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadawin1998 View Post
    Nice post.. your Pull and Charge macros is the same however.
    Copy and paste failed me, should be:

    Charge
    #show Into The Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Clear the Breach

    If you want to know if Clear the Breach is on cooldown, just put it in a hotkey bar. Can do the same for pull.
    Last edited by Rycee; 08-02-2013 at 10:33 AM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    61 WL 15 RB is parsing higher tho...
    and I like the interrupts...

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    61 WL 15 RB is parsing higher tho...
    and I like the interrupts...
    That build is super energy starve, and the damage from icy burst and fiery burst doesn't hit really hard either. I'm also parsing higher dps than 61RB with this spec in pve too. I have up to 4000 attack power self buff.
    Last edited by Rycee; 08-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Kalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Not to nitpick and I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that Grace of the Five Rings pulls ahead of Devoted Training, so the build would have GotFR maxed with the remaining two points in DT. What do you think?

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalek View Post
    Not to nitpick and I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that Grace of the Five Rings pulls ahead of Devoted Training, so the build would have GotFR maxed with the remaining two points in DT. What do you think?
    Tested on dummy, parsing shock pulse 100dps lower with 3 points into Grace.
    Last edited by Rycee; 08-02-2013 at 11:38 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rycee View Post
    That build is super energy starve, and the damage from icy burst and fiery burst doesn't hit really hard either. I'm also parsing higher dps than 61RB with this spec in pve too. I have up to 4000 attack power self buff.
    I was talking about 61 WL and 15 RB not of 61 RB, maybe you misread?
    You will almost never run out of energy with 15 RB and you will NEVER EVER use fiery/icy.
    In fact you just use Breaking Blow as Finisher.
    I am parsing in Freelancer Gear (missing weapons, as I am short before R70), so around 2.2k AP,
    7.5k in a 10 finisher cycle (ST on normal dummy).
    With 61 WL 15 Para i am parsing like 7.2k in a 10 finisher cycle - but I lack the 2 interrupts and
    I run out of energy even in 10 cycles (or pretty close to that).
    Apart from that you loose 1 range attack (fiery spear).
    All in all this is a PvP discussion, isnt it?

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Kalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rycee View Post
    Tested on dummy, parsing shock pulse 100dps lower with 3 points into Grace.
    Yes, but wouldn't the Weapon Contribution from GotFR increase all the Warlord and Paragon attacks due to the fact that they're all physical damage instead of air damage like Shock Pulse? And besides, if we're so concerned about Shock Pulse damage, why even go with a Warlord build in the first place?

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    I was talking about 61 WL and 15 RB not of 61 RB, maybe you misread?
    You will almost never run out of energy with 15 RB and you will NEVER EVER use fiery/icy.
    In fact you just use Breaking Blow as Finisher.
    I am parsing in Freelancer Gear (missing weapons, as I am short before R70), so around 2.2k AP,
    7.5k in a 10 finisher cycle (ST on normal dummy).
    With 61 WL 15 Para i am parsing like 7.2k in a 10 finisher cycle - but I lack the 2 interrupts and
    I run out of energy even in 10 cycles (or pretty close to that).
    Apart from that you loose 1 range attack (fiery spear).
    All in all this is a PvP discussion, isnt it?
    Why would you dump points in Riftblade if your not using Fiery/Icy Burst? You don't even get an interrupt until 28 Riftblade. If your counting Windspear as an interrupt, I don't think you have tested your build right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalek View Post
    Yes, but wouldn't the Weapon Contribution from GotFR increase all the Warlord and Paragon attacks due to the fact that they're all physical damage instead of air damage like Shock Pulse? And besides, if we're so concerned about Shock Pulse damage, why even go with a Warlord build in the first place?
    GotFR = attack power %, weapon contribution %, parry %. It's not limited to only physical attacks. So if you parse with different attacks, the dps will still be lower with GotFR.
    Last edited by Rycee; 08-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Kalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rycee View Post
    GotFR = attack power %, weapon contribution %, parry %. It's not limited to only physical attacks. So if you parse with different attacks, the dps will still be lower with GotFR.
    Yea, I just parsed it and can confirm the same. Devoted Training pulls slightly ahead. So yea I think that settles it; this is the spec for me. I've been playing around with countless Warlord builds for weeks now and this one seems the best by far.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rycee View Post
    Why would you dump points in Riftblade if your not using Fiery/Icy Burst? You don't even get an interrupt until 28 Riftblade. If your counting Windspear as an interrupt, I don't think you have tested your build right.
    5/5 Elemental Flux = goes for Storm Blade buff
    3/3 Elemental Empowerment = goes for 6% damage
    2/2 Surging Energy = goes for overall energy management
    1/1 Windspear = is ofc an interrupt!
    3/5 Affinity = some defense can never be wrong

    Why dont you just head over to the puppet and give it a 10 cycle shot?
    You can prove me wrong with numbers.
    Last edited by Feimerdre; 08-03-2013 at 11:58 PM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    edith says: I just gave it a run with Killing Field in the finisher macro and tested on the puppets in Tempest Bay.
    Still WL/RB is parsing around 1k higher on a 45 sec parse - 2 times Killing Field.
    I test with: Shock Pulse /3 - Tact Surge, Shock Pulse /3 - Bat Surge, Into the Breach starts the parse.
    WL/RB ~12.4k WL/P ~11.6k
    There might be a bit critluck in the parse. As I stated above, I am fully Freelancer geared (2 Merc Swords), full Motor
    with Merc Essences, WL syn crystal, Mighty Force.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I give 1 on top:

    In a 15 finisher cycle i need as WL/RB 51/52 seconds - checked it 3 times in a row.

    In a 15 finisher cycle I need as WK/P 60/61 seconds - because of energy reasons ofc.

    In 3 parses I was far behind my actual crit rating (wich is 31,5% as WL/RB). All parses went
    from 23 to 25% crit.
    In 1 WL/P parse I parsed 40% crit at an actual crit rating of 35.2%
    Still the best WL/RB parse was higher than the WL/P parse at 40% crit rating.

    So my conclusion is: nice try - the spec may be good for ppl who like Paragorn style of
    playing. If it comes to damage, WL/RB will not only perform better - you are significantly faster
    as you dont have to waste time with energy management.
    It may be that WL/P will perform better with an energy bot - the differences should be neglectable
    tho. We are talking of random PvP - where you will be left w/o VoJ most of the times.
    Last edited by Feimerdre; 08-04-2013 at 12:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts