macro 3
    cast Arc
    cast Charged Pulse
    cast Double Pulse
    cast Flamespear
    cast Electricity Blast

macro 4
    cast Electricity Cascade
    cast Delayed Blast Detonator (will show ability not found in your general chat.)
    cast Skyfall

On there own key
    Lightning Torrent
    Storm Torrent
    Evasive Redirection

Rotation

Macro 1 : Just spam this for three points.
    Macro 4 : To start electricity cascade's 15% damage buff.
    Macro 2 : Dual Pulse & Delayed Blast till three points, use macro 1 if DB is on CD.
    Macro 3 : Spam this whole macro till you have three point's.
    Macro 4 : To cast Delayed Blast Detonator and Skyfall with the last Arc.
    Lightning Torrent : Use Storm Torrent for next rotation.

This set up is cast before Electricity Cascade's buff is up adding all buff to Lightning Torrent.

How I use Evasive Redirection, It's saved for 1v1.
    After macro 3 in the rotation I use Dual Pulse and Shock Pulse for three points then Evasive Redirection then Lightning Torrent.

For AOE, I just spam Offensive Blast then Chain Pulse, while keeping Electricity Blast tic up. to stop cap or pick up.

Buffs
    Wavelength
    Empower
    Enhanced Conductivity
    Storm Blade

You can put what you like for the third soul, I use warlord for pulling in codex and black gardens.
    Last edited by The Nemesis; 07-31-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Ascendant

Searing strike is useless.

break free macros are not smart ever

by all means adjust the build as you see fit for your play style, this build work for my play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Then just take it out of your macro

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    break free macros are not smart ever
    It works in there too well for me to remove it. I use Elude for my situational CC braker.
    You don't have to put it in your macro if it doesn't work for you. you guys do know that right?
    Last edited by The Nemesis; 08-01-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    by all means adjust the build as you see fit for your play style, this build work for my play style. [...]
    You don't have to put it in your macro if it doesn't work for you. you guys do know that right?
    Unbelievable. I just wanted to give some constructive feedback too, but I see feedback isn't wanted here.
    *shrug*
    At least I had a good laugh when i read the title and imagined this whole pvp guild full of tempest burst. *pewpew*

Rift Disciple

Is there any way you could extrapolate on that a little? Surely there is some reason you say this?

Quote Originally Posted by mhaze View Post
    Unbelievable. I just wanted to give some constructive feedback too, but I see feedback isn't wanted here.
    *shrug*
    At least I had a good laugh when i read the title and imagined this whole pvp guild full of tempest burst. *pewpew*
    weak troll.

Actually, I think he was responding appropriately with his own feedback.

OP:
    Thanks for the guide. I haven't made it to 50 on a warrior yet, much less 60 (although I have on Clerics, Mages, and Rogues). I am enjoying Temp. I pretty much ONLY pvp and thus far, I can say the only other build that compares for me is WL. But then I've never been really good at warriors in general - so this guide helps.

I really just replied here because I want to say something to new players:

Don't be afraid to macro your Break Free. And ignore anyone who says things about this game using words like "always" or "never" - EVERYTHING in Rift is situational.

For example, if you have ANY other ability that says it breaks you out of CC, you may want to macro that in with your Break Free - I do that quite often. That way, you have one button that will break you out and rarely will it all be on CD.

Similarly, most tank souls in this game have CC-breakers of their own. If you spec into some, feel free and macro them OR Break Free into an attack chain if you prefer spamming one-button.

What I would recommend against is macroing Break Free AND your other CC-breakers AND your attacks all into one button. You will generally find that problematic in PvP.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 08-01-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Ascendant

Searing Strike is useless in this build because it does less damage then shock pulse, and can sometime cause shock pulse not to go off if it's in the macro.

This is not about playstyle, this is not about feel or preference. It's about FACT.

Searing strike deals X damage. Shock pulse deals X damage + Y.

Searing strike has a range of 0-3.

Shock pulse has a range of 0-35.

Sometimes you will smash that macro and be out of range for searing strike, but shock pulse will still not go off. It's a known issue and has to do with melee range and latency and coding and whatnot. Not to common, but it happens

Searing strike is not just useless it's worse in every way then shock pulse, and is actively harmful to have it in the macro.

Basic. Simple. Fundamental.

Searing Strike is useless in this build because it does less damage then shock pulse, and can sometime cause shock pulse not to go off if it's in the macro.

This is not about playstyle, this is not about feel or preference. It's about FACT.

Sometimes you will smash that macro and be out of range for searing strike, but shock pulse will still not go off. It's a known issue and has to do with melee range and latency and coding and whatnot. Not to common, but it happens

Searing strike is not just useless it's worse in every way then shock pulse, and is actively harmful to have it in the macro.

Logic! Hisssssssss it burnsss the skinsss....
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Default Tempest burst pvp guild

And I was looking forward to a Guild of Tempests.

Thanks for the guide btw.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Quote Originally Posted by mhaze View Post
    *shrug*
    I do agree, the idea of a Knights Tempest Order. Only warriors who are devoted to the faith of Tempest Burst allowed.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Is there any way you could extrapolate on that a little? Surely there is some reason you say this?

weak troll.

Actually, I think he was responding appropriately with his own feedback.

OP:
    Thanks for the guide. I haven't made it to 50 on a warrior yet, much less 60 (although I have on Clerics, Mages, and Rogues). I am enjoying Temp. I pretty much ONLY pvp and thus far, I can say the only other build that compares for me is WL. But then I've never been really good at warriors in general - so this guide helps.

I really just replied here because I want to say something to new players:

Don't be afraid to macro your Break Free. And ignore anyone who says things about this game using words like "always" or "never" - EVERYTHING in Rift is situational.

For example, if you have ANY other ability that says it breaks you out of CC, you may want to macro that in with your Break Free - I do that quite often. That way, you have one button that will break you out and rarely will it all be on CD.

Similarly, most tank souls in this game have CC-breakers of their own. If you spec into some, feel free and macro them OR Break Free into an attack chain if you prefer spamming one-button.

What I would recommend against is macroing Break Free AND your other CC-breakers AND your attacks all into one button. You will generally find that problematic in PvP.
    your welcome, I'm in freelancer gear right now and the build owned's in wf. I find in 1v1 it only takes one rotation to kill a player. hopefully you stick with the warrior till 60 bro. with that 61 buff this build is op.

yes we get it, your not putting it in your macro. have fun bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynrapbag View Post
    Default Tempest burst pvp guild

And I was looking forward to a Guild of Tempests.

Thanks for the guide btw.
    Guild of the Tempest, sorry for misleading you lol

+ Reply to Thread