+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP - Beastmaster Support

Rift Disciple

Default PVP - Beastmaster Support

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9...92/59kAElalk/8

Right off the bat, you are not going to top dps or healing charts. This is not what warrior support is all about. You have 3 simple goals:
    1. Debuff enemy (Fierce Strike and Spotter's Call)
    2. Increase every else's damage and heals (Commands, Calls, and Bonds)
    3. Support heals

If you are a new lv 60, barely have any pvp gear, feel like you are not contributing in any way, this was built for you. Every strike with Fierce Strike has a 100% to removed one buff.
    You also have 2 stuns. Light's Domination stuns 5 targets up to 20m,while Light's Hammer stuns one enemy.
    Want to take out a healer/carrier? Apply Spotter's Call (every raid member adds an additional ~300-700 damage), use Light's Domination, debuff the enemy with Fierce Strike, and watch your team burn even the best of healers.
    Your built to take loads of damage with the Pally soul so dont be afraid to stand in front. Apply all 3 Commands during heavy zerg vs zerg battles to gain the upper hand. Use Focus Target on your strongest DPS or Healer and heal them with Light Balm if they are in danger. Also note, you can use finishers at one attack point and still get maximum effect from your Call abilities so make sure you keep all 3 Call abilities always up. Sergean'ts Order is there so you can pull healers/carriers into your team for some better Focus Fire (FF).

MACROS:

DEBUFF
    #show Guardianship
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Guardianship
    Cast Messy Wounds
    Cast Light's Decree
    Cast Fierce Strike
    Cast Light's Reprisal
    Cast Light's Vengeance
    Cast Vicious Opportunity
    Cast Retaliation

Throwing Guardianship here helps me keep it up with minimal attention to it. Light's Decree helps spread damage around, but Fierce Strike is the bread and butter of this macro. Can't beat 100% debuff attack.

CMND
    #show Command to Recover
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Enrage
    Cast Command to Attack
    Cast Command to Stand Ground
    Cast Command to Recover

Pretty straight forward. I usually apply right before engaging in the enemy zerg, i.e Middle of Whitefalls, right at CODEX. you get the idea.

Stun
    #show Light's Domination
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Light's Domination
    Cast Light's Hammer

Straight forward stun attaks. Wait 8secs after using Domination before using Hammer. There is a pvp buff applied to those who are stunned and you wont be able to stun them again until it is gone, roughly 8secs.

These are the only 3 macros i use. Everything else is on my action bars.

Pretty easy and straight forward. Don't be afraid of the enemy to focus on you as you should be able to handle it better than everyone else except healers. Remember your goal is to debuff the enemy and buff your team. Spotter's Call has no additional cooldown so you can "tab target" your enemies and apply it to all of them if you like.
    If you feel you are not contributing or want to try something new, give it a shot.
    Suggestions and positive feedback are welcome. Enjoy.
    Havok Toshyn

Rift Disciple

Default Alt version

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9.../5kGilFkFlgg/8

This was my previous version. Lose group stun but gain Enrage. Both builds are effective and still follow the 3 main goals. Choose your preference
    Havok Toshyn

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am assuming that you are running Sword/board since all the pally talents with block ?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Voltarie View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am assuming that you are running Sword/board since all the pally talents with block ?
    I would assume that too, I have a spare role slot so will check this build out, been mostly running my tempest spec in pvp which isn't all that great. But then I'm not exactly a hardcore pvper.

Telaran

Have been playing a bit with this build and I quite like it, as the OP said, not going to top damage or heal charts but you can contribute a lot in big fights with timely use of buffs/debuffs.

Having said that, the command macro is wrong, enrage is a 48 BM talent but the build is only 40 BM so you need to remove it from the macro.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Seven3 View Post
    Have been playing a bit with this build and I quite like it, as the OP said, not going to top damage or heal charts but you can contribute a lot in big fights with timely use of buffs/debuffs.

Having said that, the command macro is wrong, enrage is a 48 BM talent but the build is only 40 BM so you need to remove it from the macro.
    Sorry, enrage was for the alt version I believe
    Havok Toshyn

Soulwalker

would this still be viable for a support warrior? more like, debuffing warrior?

Plane Walker

My guess is that it probably is still a viable build for PvP. But, I've been using something different I'll go ahead and share because I've had some moderate success with it. Though it goes fairly deep into Tempest so if you don't have SL souls it'll be no good to you.

This is the build I'm currently using (Note that some of the abilities in this soul tree don't accurately reflect current soul tree descriptions e.g. "Strength of Arms").

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzmBgl0q...x0V0ovlG0x00oz

The buffs you get are: Enhanced Conductivity, Empower, Recovery Posture, Call of Kinship, Call of Stone, Call of Savagery, Bond of Alacrity, Bond of Power, and Bond of Shelter.

I keep up the Bonds with the macro:
    #show Bond of Alacrity
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Bond of Power
    cast [notactive] Bond of Shelter
    cast [notactive] Bond of Alacrity
    And this is the macro I use for the commands which I try to always keep on cd hence used every two minutes:
    #show Command to Stand Ground
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Command to Stand Ground
    cast Command to Attack
    cast Command to Recover
    This is the spam builder/attack macro I use:
    #show Fierce Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Storm Shield
    cast Guardianship
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fierce Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    And for a finisher I generally just use Skyfall.

A typical match for me in this build usually consists of the following (when a large confrontation against the other team is actually more beneficial than focusing on WF objectives.):

With all my buffs on I'll run to mid and as soon as it seems like my team is going to crash with the other team I'll spam my commands macro. I'll target a fellow player and use ToT to focus on their target which I'll debuff with Spotter's Call, pull in with Sergeant's Order, and snare with Eye of the Storm. I'll then proceed to just spam until 3 AP rotations are up, hit with Skyfall, and repeat.

If I die shortly after the match has started I'll open the WF chart with ~, change the tab to the opposing team, and sort players by healing done. I'll then mark the people on the opposing team with largest difference in healing done to healing taken (healers) with numbers in order of perceived contribution to team healing.

From then on I repeat what I described above but with my focus on a healer instead of a team members target. I have a macro I occasionally use with Spotter's call that looks like this:
    #show Spotter's Call
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Spotter's Call
    wf Casting Spotter's Call on %t, this person is much more susceptible to damage
    Using that macro from time to time (don't spam it because it puts up the message every time) in combination with Sergeant's Order to pull healers closer to the line of fire, and subsequently debuffing them with Eye of the Storm to prevent them from getting away too fast, usually does a decent job of making the team focus fire enemy healers.

With this build your Fierce Strike only has a range of 23m because it's not properly recognized as a ranged attack and hence doesn't benefit from Long Range Training in tempest. So when all the cd abilities are cast if you're within 23 meters of your target you will use Fierce Strike which has a 100% chance to remove a buff and if you're greater than 23 meters away you'll use Shock Pulse which has a range of 35 meters.

Default Buffs?

Havok,
    What buffs are you using for this? I could guess, but I'd like the advice from someone that has run it.
    Thundersson- 60 Rogue,
    Raverstyx- 60 Mage
    Tharpe- 60 Warrior
    Faeblight server

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Razoreddie View Post
    Havok,
    What buffs are you using for this? I could guess, but I'd like the advice from someone that has run it.
    You should have ALL your Bonds and Calls activated. Bond of Strength, Alacrity, and Shelter. Call of Stone, Savagery, and Kinship. (hopefully i didnt miss one). In the first build, you'll have two buffs from Paladin, Shield of the Vengeful/Hero. But in the second build you'll only have Shield of the Hero.
    Yes, i typically run Board/Sword.
    And if your guild had put guild pts into the Banners, i usually activate all my Command Buffs and drop two Banners when both teams collide (center of Whitefall, Center of Black Garden, at Codex, etc). Essentially giving your team 5 additional buffs, and can really turn the battle into your teams favor to controlling certain parts of the map.
    Havok Toshyn

Rift Disciple

Default still 2.4 viable

and if people were wondering, this build and style of play is still viable for 2.4 (actually better with slight BM changes from recent patches)
    Havok Toshyn

Plane Touched

Breakfree inside the spam macro? Is it some kind of a joke?
    Such times I lose my faith in humanity...

+ Reply to Thread