+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2.4 - 61 Champion Guide

Default 2.4 - 61 Champion Guide

This guide will cover cover both the AOE and ST aspects of Champion as of 2.3 Hotfix #10. This will be my first guide on these forums so feel free to tear it apart.

Build:
    61Ch/10Para/5Temp

If you want to pick up an interrupt take 1 point out of Amped and pick up Flinching Strike from Paragon.

Buffs: Dominating Bearing, Shared Suffering, Way of the River, Enhanced Conductivity and Focus of Body (gets overwritten in raids). Use the Champion synergy crystal (duh).

Macros:

ST Builder
    #show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Power Strike

ST Finisher
    #show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Punishing Blow

AOE Finisher
    #show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Death Blossom
    cast Bladefury

Keep the following on a separate key
    Mark of Inevitability**
    Mighty Blow
    Savage Sweep
    Disruptive Strike
    Rising Waterfall
    Punishing Blow
    Death Blossom (I only have this on a separate key for ST cleaving purposes)
    Bull Rush
    Cornered Beast
    Proper Timing

**Maintain and refresh Mark of Inevitability on all mobs to keep Mired from falling off. A good portion of your ST and AOE dps relies on Mired, and while only 1 Champion can have a Mark up at a time, Mired will not get overwritten and needs to be maintained by any and all players running Champion. Mark of Extermination's debuff gets overwritten by Lethal Poison, so just use Inevitability.

Rotations:

Single Target
    Start with BR > RW > TS

DS > (PT)Titan's
    SavSw > RW > PB
    DS > PB
    PS > RW > TS
    repeat

ST with passive cleaving
    Start with BR > RW > TS

DS > (PT)Titan's
    SavSw > RW > DB (use PB here every other set since DB has a 30s CD)
    DS > PB
    PS > RW > TS
    repeat

AOE
    Starting with 3AP (or BR > MB)

TS > SavSw > MB > CoD > DS > (PT)Titan's > CB (let run full duration)
    TS > SavSw > MB > DB > DS > Titan's
    MB > RW > PB > DS
    repeat

For 2-4 target constant cleaving the following AOE rotation is very simple and works the best. For example, on Twins/trash packs that only have 2-4 targets use this rotation. Remember to keep Mired up!

Assuming 3AP (BR > MB)
    TS > DS > (PT)Titan's > SavSw > MB > BF > CB (full duration)

Make another macro without CoD in it for ease of use on this rotation.

#show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Bladefury

You should find Champion's single target dps potential to be somewhere between Tempest and RB, and it's AOE potential to be way above and beyond. Hope you found this guide to be helpful. Enjoy!

-Sedvick
    Last edited by Jester; 09-27-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Good guide Sed. One suggestion I'd make is something Mio pointed out to me while testing on PTS and it made the rotation pretty smooth. During the DB portion of the rotation instead of clipping CB at 2ap (as I used to do) you can just do Titan's>MB>RW>PB and not have to worry about jumping the gun on clipping CB or having lag occasionally affect it. I do pretty much the same rotation for ST except I get up TS first because Titan's is my next finisher after and it helps me monitor Savage without looking at my Kalerts to much. Doesn't Extermination get overwritten by the Assasin crit poison when Rogues are running NB/Sin?

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    Good guide Sed. One suggestion I'd make is something Mio pointed out to me while testing on PTS and it made the rotation pretty smooth. During the DB portion of the rotation instead of clipping CB at 2ap (as I used to do) you can just do Titan's>MB>RW>PB and not have to worry about jumping the gun on clipping CB or having lag occasionally affect it. I do pretty much the same rotation for ST except I get up TS first because Titan's is my next finisher after and it helps me monitor Savage without looking at my Kalerts to much. Doesn't Extermination get overwritten by the Assasin crit poison when Rogues are running NB/Sin?
    I wasn't sure if MB was better in CB's place or not, so thanks for adding that. About the mark, that's why I need to mention using Inev over Exter. The AOE armor debuff is way more convenient for everybody since it lasts a full minute and allows the maintenance of Mired, but if you have another Champ (for whatever reason) you might as well both be putting different ones up. I totally forgot about Lethal Poison. I'm going to try and get edit rights so I can update this as I need to.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 07-19-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Plane Walker

Why even include Blossom in the ST finisher macro? Remove it. And what about proper timing??? You can include that in the ST finisher macro and it will be used on Titan's every time. If you're keeping it out just for the sake of making sure it's not used on TS when you start (For damg buff) then just keep a separate TS button off to the side that you use only when starting a fight or picking up after a disconnect... You'd then just use the macro and let it do all the work for you.

I would also recommend storm blade over conductivity... That later may be just slightly better, but storm blade completely owns it when it comes to AoE.

Plane Walker

I personally found Chains of Death to be very weak and unless I'm completely missing something, you're much better off just doing Bladefury cause it hits harder. I also found CB does a ton of damage when compared to any other combination. CB's duration is 6 seconds which, in the same amount of time, you could do 4 attacks. I found CB's total damage within that 6 seconds to be much more than any combination of 4 attacks... So wouldn't it make sense to use CB whenever it's off CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Makexevil View Post
    1. Why even include Blossom in the ST finisher macro? Remove it.

2. And what about proper timing??? You can include that in the ST finisher macro and it will be used on Titan's every time.

3. I would also recommend storm blade over conductivity... That later may be just slightly better, but storm blade completely owns it when it comes to AoE.

4. I personally found Chains of Death to be very weak and unless I'm completely missing something, you're much better off just doing Bladefury cause it hits harder.

5. I also found CB does a ton of damage when compared to any other combination. CB's duration is 6 seconds which, in the same amount of time, you could do 4 attacks. I found CB's total damage within that 6 seconds to be much more than any combination of 4 attacks... So wouldn't it make sense to use CB whenever it's off CD?
    1. DB is in the ST Fin macro for the reason I mentioned in the guide. Only continue to use that macro if you need to have cleave potential during your ST rotation. If you are purely STing then just use it twice every cycle.

2. It's much easier to maintain PT on it's own key for ST and AOE purposes. When it's on it's own key you'll know for sure that you're always using it with Titan's, but if it's in a macro you can lose track of certain cds if you run into any kind of disconnect.

3. Storm Blade doesn't have a very good proc rate with 0 RB. Regardless, conductivity > SB for AOE hands down. For ST they come out about even, however.

4. CoD is one of the hardest hitting, single GCD, AOE abilities that Champ has. It definitely works better with more targets, so I'd say for 3-4 or less targets Bladefury would be better, but more than that and CoD will come out ahead.

5. CB really only maintains your current dps as far as I see. It won't push you much higher, while using your other abilities will. It does a tone of damage, but those 4 GCDs can be put to better use other than the 1 time you use it in the rotation.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 07-19-2013 at 09:59 PM.

I would agree that it's in between RB and Temp for ST ability but blows them both away on AoE and cleaving. I'm not really geared for optimal Tempest because it requires a lot more PC to get that way. I'll have a buddy of mine parse them both and see the break down but I think Tempest will come out on top of Champ's ST if geared properly to be honest.

CoD is definitely better with more targets and I would honestly just probably use the ST rotation with Titan's and DB for cleaving if it was 3 mobs or less. Trying to make ST attacks work in line with DB can be a pain though on fights like twins where the mobs are moving pretty consistently....along with CoD

MiO
    Rift Master

Take 3/3 grace of the five rings instead of devoted training. If you know you're just going to be hitting a single target 5/5 amped is a better option. Replace power strike with shock pulse.

Only one mark can be up at a time.

@ST with passive cleaving

If you're aiming to work death blossom in you mean aoe, drop the power strike and mighty blow instead.

5/5 amped over Str%. better ST, slight loss to aoe (who cares :P)
    ill try some aoe rotation since i only did st, and have some feedback at some point. gj overall
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MiO View Post
    Take 3/3 grace of the five rings instead of devoted training. If you know you're just going to be hitting a single target 5/5 amped is a better option. Replace power strike with shock pulse.

Only one mark can be up at a time.

@ST with passive cleaving

If you're aiming to work death blossom in you mean aoe, drop the power strike and mighty blow instead.
    You could use DB for cleaving Mio, in fact it's ideal for it because the **** hits so hard. I'd say three or less you should be ST on the primary mob with your builders and cleaving finishers off it.

I'm in the process of trying to get edit right because there are a few things I wanted to change and clarify, especially the Mark thing. It should be obvious you can only have 1 up at a time, but I made no mention of Mired. I also wanted to shift some points around since my main build takes 3/3 grace. And I'll definitely clarify that for ST only purposes amped will push it higher, you'll just lose an interrupt.

Champion of Telara

To further clarify the info about marks...if you have two champs in the raid they will over write each others marks since an every can only have one mark on it at a time. Even if your mark gets over written though you maintain the mired buff

You will of course both be wanting to refresh your marks as needed and whenever a new add spawns just to keep mired up.

What I have found best to do with my raids is have the champs keep up the armor debuff mark, while letting the rogues keep up the crit debuff thru lethal poison as we always have at least one nb/***
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

What ST numbers are you pulling in golem foundary on the 62 elite raid mob?
    I'm getting 17.5-18.5k but using an entirely different rotation and setup.
    Going to go try yours and see what happens.

Also storm blade is doing 650dps ST for me.. so.. can electrical conductivity do that?
    Last edited by Hodor; 07-20-2013 at 11:50 AM.

I think that SB is a dps gain on ST and Enhanced Conduct is a dps gain on AoE...I could be wrong though.

If you have a 0pt soul to use, EH is better for AOE, and EH and SB are just about even for ST. EH keeps the damage consistent while SB procs can make-or-break the parse. If you are 10para/5temp for amped you won't even need to worry about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast