+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mjothvitnir
  • 1 Post By Vizix

Thread: Mjothvitnir's Reaverblade PvP build

Soulwalker

Default Mjothvitnir's Reaverblade PvP build

With any luck, this will post properly. Here is my warrior PvP fave as of late. Lots of damage, good sustainability. Makes foes angry (and really, that's what it's all about, isn't it?)

The keypoints of this build are
    - A respectable damage output (generally in the top few, occasionally in first as a rank 59 War in Merc's gear).
    - Hefty sustainability (decent hitpoints, decent mitigation, not top of the charts, but a good tradeoff for elemental damage amplification).
    - Mid to long range with *lots* of AOE and melee options.
    - The ability to fight (pretty literally) everybody at once.

Reaver 41, Riftblade 33, Tempest 2.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzLpgxuq...qu0GhM0VRR0bvM

Reaver is built for "Dps" on it's tree. Riftblade for elemental enhancement, Tempest for the couple yards extra range.

I've a series of macros to accompany, with a few notes on each. Arrange them as suited to your play style. I will list their reference according to my own layout.

1: Reaverblade Ranged
    #show Plague Bringer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crest of the Shadow
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Explosive Infestation
    cast Infestation
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Flamespear
    cast Necrotic Wounds

This is best when spammed at groups. The amplification that Riftblade provides to elemental damage allows for very good ranged DPS, especially when Scald is tapped every three attack points. This aggravates the #### out of ... well, most anything, and you will end up the target of a half-dozen or so useless Silences. Keep spamming that ranged AOE.

2: Reaverblade Melee
    #show Shadow of Dread
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crest of the Shadow
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Shadow of Dread
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Ravaging Strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Shock Pulse

If and when you happen to kill whatever you've been targeting, this is a good thing to tap a couple times after sliding over to a new target. It builds fast, applies several corruptions (which can then spread), and puts you in range for your big AOE finishers. Great charge ability, there's a reason it's so high up in the tree.

3: Scald
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

This is Scald, the Riftblade Firey/Icey combo damage stacker. If you've ever played Riftblade, you should be well familiar with this.

4: Not a macro. I just slot "Flesh Rot" here. It's a good ability, especially when tossed in with the ranged chain on 1. Also, the way the ranged and melee are prioritized, there is no other good way to get it into rotation.

5: AOE Finisher
    #show Rift Storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Storm
    cast Stumbling Corruption
    cast Earth Burst
    cast Skyfall

This does well for making objectives unobtainable, frightening healers, jacking up damage totals, etc. Three AOE finishers, followed by Skyfall as an afterthought. It's doubtful you'll ever need it on the end of your chain, but good for that one time that you do.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mjothvitnir View Post
    With any luck, this will post properly. Here is my warrior PvP fave as of late. Lots of damage, good sustainability. Makes foes angry (and really, that's what it's all about, isn't it?)

The keypoints of this build are
    - A respectable damage output (generally in the top few, occasionally in first as a rank 59 War in Merc's gear).
    - Hefty sustainability (decent hitpoints, decent mitigation, not top of the charts, but a good tradeoff for elemental damage amplification).
    - Mid to long range with *lots* of AOE and melee options.
    - The ability to fight (pretty literally) everybody at once.

Reaver 41, Riftblade 33, Tempest 2.

Reaver is built for "Dps" on it's tree. Riftblade for elemental enhancement, Tempest for the couple yards extra range.

I've a series of macros to accompany, with a few notes on each. Arrange them as suited to your play style. I will list their reference according to my own layout.

1: Reaverblade Ranged
    #show Plague Bringer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crest of the Shadow
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Explosive Infestation
    cast Infestation
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Flamespear
    cast Necrotic Wounds

This is best when spammed at groups. The amplification that Riftblade provides to elemental damage allows for very good ranged DPS, especially when Scald is tapped every three attack points. This aggravates the #### out of ... well, most anything, and you will end up the target of a half-dozen or so useless Silences. Keep spamming that ranged AOE.

2: Reaverblade Melee
    #show Shadow of Dread
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crest of the Shadow
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Shadow of Dread
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Ravaging Strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Shock Pulse

If and when you happen to kill whatever you've been targeting, this is a good thing to tap a couple times after sliding over to a new target. It builds fast, applies several corruptions (which can then spread), and puts you in range for your big AOE finishers. Great charge ability, there's a reason it's so high up in the tree.

3: Scald
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

This is Scald, the Riftblade Firey/Icey combo damage stacker. If you've ever played Riftblade, you should be well familiar with this.

4: Not a macro. I just slot "Flesh Rot" here. It's a good ability, especially when tossed in with the ranged chain on 1. Also, the way the ranged and melee are prioritized, there is no other good way to get it into rotation.

5: AOE Finisher
    #show Rift Storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Storm
    cast Stumbling Corruption
    cast Earth Burst
    cast Skyfall

This does well for making objectives unobtainable, frightening healers, jacking up damage totals, etc. Three AOE finishers, followed by Skyfall as an afterthought. It's doubtful you'll ever need it on the end of your chain, but good for that one time that you do.
    only one question what way to go first (which tree)

Soulwalker

Default Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Vermonter View Post
    only one question what way to go first (which tree)
    Well, I threw it together while already at 60. I'd assume if you planned on doing it at lower levels, the most important thing would be to get that Reaver up to 41, for your AOE spreads. Riftblade secondary, and again, the two points of Tempest are there more for the range-boost than anything else.

Personally I'm fond of using a 2-hander with this soul set, but for leveling in the low-game, Sword and Board will likely get you a bit more sustainability.

Shadowlander

Not to come off too harsh, but if you character is similar to your name you are using in here. I went up against you a lot today in pvp as 61 rift and you were such a push over and hurting me and killing that I almost ignored you every time I saw you (except the few times you tried to solo the entire side).

I also remember seeing wars in say telling you to go to a real spec as they killed you lol.

I mean hey, if this play style works for someone great! Just pointing out that there is better specs, I mean several that people should take advantage of first.

Your survivability really isn't that great as you make it sound. Your damage output also doesn't mean anything, I could go in multiple specs and do lots of damage, doesn't really mean I'm killing anything.

Fact is this is a spec trying to get away with being the worthless "tank" specs I'm so tired of seeing warriors go into in pvp. There is better "tank" type specs then a reaver build though :/
    Last edited by Booradley1; 07-09-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Yea Reaver looks great on paper for pvp but I don't recall a time since release it was. Even when it was op in pve it still was pretty worthless for pvp if I recall. Being tops in dps on the scoreboard shouldn't be anyone's goal unless they have the kb's to match it. Getting 3,000,000 damage and 2 kb's is a sign of trash aoe. Seeing tons of numbers floating up looks great, but when they are all 3 digit numbers you really aren't doing much.

At the same if you are having fun screw it, play it. The warriors who were talking crap to you are dirtbags, as too many pvper's in this game are.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Booradley1 View Post
    Not to come off too harsh, but if you character is similar to your name you are using in here. I went up against you a lot today in pvp as 61 rift and you were such a push over and hurting me and killing that I almost ignored you every time I saw you (except the few times you tried to solo the entire side).

I also remember seeing wars in say telling you to go to a real spec as they killed you lol.

I mean hey, if this play style works for someone great! Just pointing out that there is better specs, I mean several that people should take advantage of first.

Your survivability really isn't that great as you make it sound. Your damage output also doesn't mean anything, I could go in multiple specs and do lots of damage, doesn't really mean I'm killing anything.

Fact is this is a spec trying to get away with being the worthless "tank" specs I'm so tired of seeing warriors go into in pvp. There is better "tank" type specs then a reaver build though :/
    Yes. My team in black garden/codex/whatever that day was really, really bad. They wanted to just hide up on the hill and let you all win. I'd rather die twenty times than sit with my thumb up my hindquarters and "wait for match to end." It was a $#!^ match, and sometimes that's just what's allotted you. This build shines best when you have a team that's actually willing to fight/heal/support/really anything other than sit. :V

If you heard trolls trollin', then it likely was not the same match. I don't recall any such thing/Quite possibly I was ignoring your chat altogether.

There likely are better PvP specs out there. Riftblade at 61 *is* phenomenal, but also very much a glass cannon. With most any soul setup, there's going to be matches where you're superlative, and matches where you just suck it. I've played this setup enough that I'm comfortable posting it to the forums, in both aforementioned sustainability, and in damage (surprise, that helps your team get kills! :Y ). Give it a try with all your fancy gear. You may actually enjoy yourself.

Telaran

I personally like your effort and thoughts on giving one of your builds to the public and once again someone else doing something a bit different then the standard of what everyone else does. I will check it out, it sure does sound good.

Telaran

I guess a singletarget version of the build would look something like this:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#6...2tckGGBak5i/Vq

There are less corruptions and they don't have the 100% enhancement but on the other hand all RB attacks will hit much harder. I didn't try it out. Just played around on the soul calculator.

It's always nice to see when players use some odd builds and make them work.

Ascendant

Ravaging strike will never go off in your Reaverblade melee macro.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Ravaging strike will never go off in your Reaverblade melee macro.
    I see what you're talking about here. Reworked a couple macros, and will post an edit shortly. Thanks for the heads up, got it sorted. :3

Soulwalker

Default Updated macros, 1 and 4.

Edit: Make that 2 & 4. I've half a brain at this hour.

Reworked a couple macros to better take advantage of stacking corruptions

Ranged:
    #show Shadow of Dread
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crest of the Shadow
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Shadow of Dread
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Ravaging Strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Shock Pulse

Removed Blood Fever and attatched it in macro with Flesh Rot. Works for both Melee and ranged/can apply both corruptions now. Most excellent.

Previously "4," now "Bloodrot":
    #show Flesh Rot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Flesh Rot

Thanks, Repster - completely blanked on that. :V
    Last edited by Mjothvitnir; 07-11-2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Notation

Soulwalker

Hi, I ended up here looking for a PVP build for my warrior (really tired of inmortal clerics, looking for a way to kill them :P). Im going to give it a try in a while to see if its fun to me but while i was placing my soulpoints i couldnt avoid noticing you used 2 points in RF's trait "Elemental Caress" im guessing for the 4% dmg? My war is still 41 so i cant really go that high in RB yet with all the points in Reaver but still i think those 2 points can go to a most usefull place.
    Hope it helps, sry for my english.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kravbor View Post
    Hi, I ended up here looking for a PVP build for my warrior (really tired of inmortal clerics, looking for a way to kill them :P). Im going to give it a try in a while to see if its fun to me but while i was placing my soulpoints i couldnt avoid noticing you used 2 points in RF's trait "Elemental Caress" im guessing for the 4% dmg? My war is still 41 so i cant really go that high in RB yet with all the points in Reaver but still i think those 2 points can go to a most usefull place.
    Hope it helps, sry for my english.
    this build will never, ever kill a healer. if you want to kill heals, work towards 61rb/15temp.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread