+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EASY 2.3 patch Paragon

Soulwalker

Default EASY 2.3 patch Paragon

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2gE/3kllayGGGli/Vg- Paragon: 10RB/61Para/5Temp

Rotation: Start 1 ->2 -> 3-> 4 at this point SPAM 4 and maintain 3 ->2 ->1

Macros & UI Set Up...

To have your macros work at optimum rotation go to Settings > Interface > Action Bars > Ability Ques... Set this value to Full..!!!!

Builder 1
    #show Setting Moon
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Setting Moon

Builder 2
    #show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Shock Pulse

Builder 3
    #show Flamespear
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Flamespear

Builder 4
    #show Swift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Death Touch
    cast Swift Strike

Combat Focus
    #show Sweeping Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combat Focus
    cast [shift] Sweeping Blades
    cast Reaping Harvest

Tread the Trees
    #show Thread the Trees
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Thread the Trees

Telaran

is this a pvp build? or pve?

Soulwalker

Default PvE

This is built around PvE

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Scarve View Post
    This is built around PvE
    no surprise as seeing how melee warriors are not viable in pvp if only they were

Melee is definitely viable as long as you have at least 0 Tempest for Shock Pulse.

Plane Walker

Just so I can be clear on the play style.

Right now I bang my keyboard until the ability fires off that I need.

I have never played with full queue. For the sake of us unwashed. Could you please give us an idea of what to expect? I normally play with no queue.
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Just so I can be clear on the play style.

Right now I bang my keyboard until the ability fires off that I need.

I have never played with full queue. For the sake of us unwashed. Could you please give us an idea of what to expect? I normally play with no queue.
    Full queue means as soon as you hit an ability it will be queued until the next GCD is available to use it - press abilities once per use. Short queue means this can only happen in the last 1/4 of the GCD - spamming buttons works here. No queue means you are losing about 1/4 of your DPS due to latency.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-08-2013 at 10:31 AM.

I'm finding more and more that I would rather use an ability timer on Kalerts than try to get fancy with macros. I currently have it showing Amped and the Shifting Blades buffs big enough that I know when to refresh them manually. Believe Swift Strike is another.

So I have Shock Pulse, SB, TtT, Flurry on their own keys, and the rest (including followups on a short spam macro, with ranged attacks at the end - same for finishers).

Paragon, like a couple of Mage specs really shines when the mob is below 30% (and there is no disconnect). No way to accurately parse that data.

I never put Thread on a macro because I've had it pop and I get turned 180. So is a loss.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Paragon, like a couple of Mage specs really shines when the mob is below 30% (and there is no disconnect). No way to accurately parse that data.
    Actually you can to an extent (about as accurate as any other parse, at least). There are sub-30% dummies on PTS. Parse on regular dummy * 0.7 + parse on low hp dummy * 0.3 = averaged DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizix View Post
    is this a pvp build? or pve?
    what is pvp ? never heard of it

Edit, oh yea you want 10 Champ not 10 RB
    Last edited by Taxt; 07-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Soulwalker

I have parsed both 10Champ and 10RB.. The difference is completely to small even notice. You are still worried about maintaining the same three CD's. Follow Up Dot/Flamespear/Shock Pulse. The damage comparison in honesty to 10Champ and 10RB is a nanoparticle on a fly's ***. Also, 10RB gives you better ranged damage amping Shock Pulse spam when you can not be in melee range. Finally, in regards to 10Champ how many people find themselves energy starved at a certain point and have to lose dps based on having to really on flurry. So on heavy movement fights you can not even say 10Champ is the better build.

Second, Thread of Trees is on a macro "NOT PART OF THE ROATATION" it is used only as a instant back into the fight reapplying the basic steps of the rotation.

I stated simply smash 1 ->2 ->3 ->4 (Spam) 4 Until flamespear is at 2secs left then simply apply 3 ->2 ->1

I took the time to develop these macros specifically around what the main bases of the spec is supposed to do. What is supposed to be maintained and so forth.

This Build compared to 10Champ does not require stacking crit power, as hard as, going pure physical as 10Champ.

Lastly, setting to full queue allows this to become a visible rotation rather than muscle memory, therefore, making it easier to the casual gamer. Also, allows you to pay attention to the boss and not a rotation. That's the core essence behind macros.

*Note: Meaning this becomes a visible rotation is simple - you spam each macro until you see three swords BUILD than DISAPPEAR than move on to the next macro.
    Last edited by Scarve; 07-08-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Shield of Telara

post some parses comparing this to Seppy's guide
    also, let us know your stats

Soulwalker

I love you man keep up the good work!

Post some parses, also post a picture of gear, post stats(AP CRIT CP Etc) please. Interested in trying this in raid but not going to until I see some parses.

I was parsing higher than RB by 300 but worse than seppy paragon by 1-2k. My gear is nearly all BiS for warriors. 3.4k AP selfbuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast