+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2.3(2.4) 61 BM-DPS guide

Default 2.5 61 BM-DPS guide

First thing to say this is my first guide so there are probably ways to improve my thread and tweaking some things. It is not a guide about how to play "the perfect BM" dps wise....it should be more about how to play BM on a good level without micro managing every dot and and every offgcd ability by it`s own. So I hope you have fun with the spec+rotation and could be a beasty support

Spec:
    61BM/8CH/7RB http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2gw/5kGGBhkGGGF0/7mA -spec for aoe armor debuff
    61BM/10RB/5Temp http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2gE/5kGGBhkGGGF0/Vg -top dps subsouls
    61BM/8RB/7Para http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2gI/5kGGBhkGGGF0/38q -could pull ahead of 10RB/5Temp with a high CP Value(1k+)- could not test the difference due to not having enough CP gear.

-Surging Energy will allow you to use all your offgcd abilities without power starving

The Macro:

#show Vicious Blow
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Vicious Blow

You can call it spam macro or the macro you use if all dots are up.

"Rotation" and skills:
    First I have to say that bleeds ignoring all armor(that`s why you don`t really need armor pen talents) and they tic every 3secs. In order to track your dots easier I recommend to put up karuulalerts for:

Savage Sweep=SS / Flame Spear=FSp(also tics every 3sec) *
    Fierce Strike=FS
    Cutting Slash=CS
    Tearing Slash=TS
    Twin Cuts=TC

*depends on your subsouls(8CH or 8RB)

Karuul-set:
    Spoiler!

Note:You have to reload your UI after summoning your pet to make the Fierce Strike alert work(maybe someone have a better solution...not a expert for Karuul).
    Also I put in some alerts which could be useful for group/raid play-so you can time/use Enrage better or/and optimizing your personal dps.

Karuul-guides:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9RXJKuMm0 (more general explanation about Kalert)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef_9kveKebM

To maximize your dmg you only should reapply your dots after they run out aside from CS because you would have to stack again to 3. You should always aim to refresh CS at 2 secs(in the moment it switches from 3 to 2 the bleed will tic) left but due to Enrage(you gain no attackpoint) this will only working half the time or every time you use Enrage it will be delayed by 1 gcd(1,5 sec).

Beginning of the "rotation": 3xCS->TC->TS->FS->SS/FSp->Macro*->Brutal Strike->(Enrage)->!3x Macro->Brutal Strike->CS->FS->SS/FSp->TS->TC->(repeat with macro and Brutal Strike-> refresh CS together with FS+SS/FSp->use macro+ Brutal Strike and refresh TS and TC after it run out.)

!:Refrehsing more precise and managing offgcd skills via other macros would be probably a gain(minor), but needs a lot more of work.
    *(click it multiple times til you get an attackpoint it should be Cunning Ruse here)

This rotation is without having disconnects(use FS and Brutal Strike if you can`t be in melee range) from the mob and if you let run out CS just begin with the rotation again.

Tips: Have a extra key for Messy Wounds and Flesh Rip to apply it at the beginning of the fight/before it will be spammed.

"DPS goals:
    If you are good at staying in melee range of the mob you should be hitting about 13-14k+ dps in a raid with full T1 raid gear(epic weapons).
    In the current T2 test gear you are doing about 18,2k dps.-new parse(should be in the 20k range) will come after Dummy Foundry is back

Support skills:
    You still have your purge with FS, Commands, Spotters Order and Guardianship.
    Just use them if they are needed- all what I have to say to these things.

Last thing to say: I would recommend running 61 BM along with a Archon hybrid for 20 man raids.

Offsection: DPS-Hybrid

Spec: 48BM/18Para/10RB http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#2...kOyFkakw/38hqw

Macros:
    #show Vicious Blow
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Vicious Blow

(Start-)Rotation:
    3*CS->TC->TS->FSp->2*macro->(Enrage)->Brutalstrike->same as 61 BM keep CS up and refresh dots/bleeds after they run out(SS is not used in this spec)

DPS: In the current T2 test gear you can get about 19,9k dps(this spec scales pretty well with CP due to the 18% extra crit)- should be about 22k+ now but can`t parse it due to Dummy Foundry was closed again
    Last edited by Soulshield; 11-08-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Here is a dummy parse with the current T2 testgear:
    Parse was about 17k, but coming out of combat takes sometime.

Also some other tips:
    -Use Enrage if Fury Unleashed is active for a dps gain- if you use Enrage in the place of the rotation and then on cooldown you will hit Enrage most time automatically if Fury Unleashed is up.

-If you have to reapply a lot of your dots(CS->FS->SS cycle +TS+TC) maybe have an eye on Messy Wounds and press spam macro during gcd or have an other key for Messy Wounds.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 07-02-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks for the guide, will be trying this out with my Warrior leveling up through SL. Have been using my own spec, but I think I like yours slightly better. Fully intend on using BM to raid/dungeon if possible as well, so It's good to see some other people using it.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

That's it? A one button mash? No finishers?

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    That's it? A one button mash? No finishers?
    Tearing Slash and Brutal Strike are your both finishers.

have you found top ST dps spec yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakthor View Post
    have you found top ST dps spec yet?
    For BM I guess....for the 58/61 builds this should be top dps due to not having power issues.
    For hybrids with Enrage you can go 48BM/28Para(about 18,2k dps with starving a lot)
    48BM/24VK/4RB(not sure how much, but still it should be at least over 17k also starving)

Plane Walker

Here is what i'm doing with Karuulalert. I'm by no means an expert at Karuulalert. What I try to do here just kind of give a priority queue. left side is the general Priority what you should be hitting. Right Side is what finisher. Still work in progress if someone has a better suggestion i'm game.

My gear is about 10 man gear not fully raid 2600 ap 350cp 1996 crit. I am doing about 10.5k dps on my raid dummy in my dimension on the live server.
    Code:
    KA::ALoYZeNq1lNmK2zAYhV/FL9BUu210JVsS9KaUxL0LBMVRMyLOgqzMAvPwo7hOG8+MIS4UCyP
    JB+nT8dFfnkNwh22yaEz7wCHiFT815sX6WTB+awOHXMc5zcuBUOiCZkwSSKjIy0IBDjiOKs0vvbn
    7Fbg0wXxd/vy2NGvXuPCycvXx0C7b2puTxbPNpuUpxpxRykl2abB7SvW9UvPY6ccYxO2r63Q3Yt0
    2+lWEYOrdj6M7hDYqr+QRpOpQyuN+fUz672xAuBON9YG7vdnadinO3nwhqGPKAOUMMQ4BmpH+DWb
    oAvQpmv4UbWEe48rJ4snaE89GTR3IhFZYS1SyAuYZVnkWV4J3ebpurN3En9Obit6ZSqeQV9b4m0C
    AUfahUGClciJTVjCkKEnV3fDt5fC4HgmEmsJe+HMwTbII3u3sbSJQlyHNhwKhJc4lA4SyFCAZfQM
    jxC7YfY+LHlbm2a4AwSvzOzAdM7lhnk9h1s762l6R8r92n268HoqEFlQzqkQOgFaSoGlek95q8s5
    q/M8xgWM50f8pJ9mHjE/KSfXkDkksaLFqwPF8/xEJljIiJQJZiaEmJL2fuSt2aOReognMb/enqpU
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

Shadowlander

Having trouble staying alive at lvls 43-46 with paragon and riftblade specs up to 15 pts. How do you survive without extra healing or some type of shield? Mostly I have problems with the invasions that are lvl 50, multiples, and I get creamed trying to spam fierce strike to get to finisher. I feel like a cloth caster during these type of fights. Also have problems on some of the instant adventures if I am the only tank and last sequence is a tough mob. I don't have agro skills or enough armor to tank.

Because of this I am running 47/BM/15 WL and 26Vk/35BM. I can level without dying better and I can switch to the VK hybrid for more protection in rifts/raid events if needed.

Any suggestions?

Shadowlander

Any other build found ?

I personnally had better results with 61 BM / 10 RB / 5 tempest.

Looking for an good R10 hybrid if someone has one, and if there is one better than mine. 2 point in surging is Enough with LE to have energy during 4 minutes so not worth it to put in grim satisfaction i think

Soulwalker

I had a question or two about your guide. I setup the spec as you have here with a few minor tweeks. I'm running expert epic lvl 60 gear and i'm only doing 5k- 5500 dps on the practice dummy. I want to figure what i'm doing wrong with my build. Maybe i'm just confused on your post. You say your doing 13-14k with raid gear but your parse chart says just over 5k? Last question, i noticed that you didnt put Spotter's Call in your rotation or macro any reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    I had a question or two about your guide. I setup the spec as you have here with a few minor tweeks. I'm running expert epic lvl 60 gear and i'm only doing 5k- 5500 dps on the practice dummy. I want to figure what i'm doing wrong with my build. Maybe i'm just confused on your post. You say your doing 13-14k with raid gear but your parse chart says just over 5k? Last question, i noticed that you didnt put Spotter's Call in your rotation or macro any reason for that?
    You read is wrong it`s 5mio dmg over 5min and 10 sec the dps is in the second column: 16744 dps in T2 testing Gear.

13-14k was with raidbuffs and consumables on the dummy with my livegear. On this dummy I don`t have to use Spotter`s Call- for experts you should use it/in raids only if you have no bard which have a 1 min duration on this debuff.
    Also to your dps: The raid crystal bonus will buff your dps by a good amount due to 400 increased dmg on all attacks(Vicious Blow and Brutal Strike gets 800 because they hit twice...twin cuts should get this 3 times(initial hit,1st bleed,2nd bleed) but not confirmed on my own and you still have off gcd skills).

Also another note you will probably taking out the points in Grim Satisfaction for raiding if Surging Energy gets it buff. So you could invest these 2 points into Take No Prisoners.
    Maybe this buff is coming this week together with the rogue changes.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 08-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Soulwalker

Hey SoulShield, i'm still trying to figure out where all of my damage is missing at. Still pulling around 7k on the expert dummy. I think im messing up your rotation somehow. At what point in the rotation do you use your vicous blow? The fist part of your rotation i have down no problem,....after using Enrage is where it starts getting tricky for me. One last question where do you think i should be at dmg wise with these stats? AP 2800 CP 301 STR 2116.

Thanks for your help,

Ferris
    Last edited by Ferris; 08-19-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Champion

At 2800ap and 300cp it's your gear....

Got a couple questions of my own.

How important is keeping fierce strike buff for your pet up?

Second, any thoughts on energy? Rb energy buff made a huge difference so not sure if you'd think dumping champ for para and going 10 in rb. Having the armor debuff from champ is nice but I think 10rb/5champ might give better dps.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't DoTs already bypass armor without the need for those
    talents? IMO five into paragon would be better for the 10% to builders and 3% crit buff. Champ investments are generally overrated due to the gift difference, but that's just me. I haven't done much messing around with BM though. BM still needs a lot of work though if you ask me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast