+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alt.pvp hybrid 48rb/28pally/0tmp

Default Alt.pvp hybrid 48rb/28pally/0tmp

ok so some people asked me to post this build i think with alot of new players its nice to guide the community.
    this is not my build so i cant take credit but ill do my best to set it up so you can wreck faces

The Build 48rb/28pally/0tmp/

you need a shield for this build as alot of the pally procs are for block

Buffs in this order
    Shield of the vengefull, Avatar of flame, Planar blade, Enhanced conductivity

Open with Rift implosion always its a heavy hitter and supplys great burst in tow.
    secondary opener is Frost strike this gives you a 30% damage boost make sure to keep the debuff up at all times on target
    a good Opener macro imo is

#show Riftwalk
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Riftwalk
    cast Frost Strike
    cast Rift strike

makes it easier to make contact with your two debuff/buff melee abilitys and works for most all rb builds

main builder follows after frost strike and rift implosion are up

#show Rift Strike
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Light's Vengeance
    cast Retaliation
    cast Rift Strike
    Cast Searing Strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Shock Pulse

on seperate keys

Touch of life
    lights balm
    windspear
    stonespear
    righteous charge
    lights hammer
    and all planar abilities

finishers are all rb
    standard macros

single target finish:
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

Aoe finish
    #show Earth Burst
    cast Earth Burst
    cast Storm Burst
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    Last edited by bogust; 06-26-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Telaran

When you click your guide it only shows 47 rb

havent played in a couple years so im probably missing something simple but im curious why you dont take fork. that used to be a sweet skill. does it not work like it used to?

put that extra point into whatever you feel is needed more, fork, intensify, rift barrage your choice
    you can shuffle points around if you find theres something else you need but this is basic max damage single target

Soulwalker

Thanks for posting!

Champion

great write up just a little assistance if you dont mind.

macro 1
    #show rift strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rift strike
    cast flamespear
    cast frost strike
    cast shock pulse

macro 2
    #show righteous charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast righteous charge
    cast Light's Vengeance
    cast Retaliation
    cast searing strike
    cast shock pulse
    cast break free

keep rift implosion on its own keybind.

rotation is quite simple, 1 1 1 - fiery burst - RI > 2 2 - icy burst spam macro 2 > finisher until macro 1 buffs have dropped.
    Last edited by istrikeanywhere; 06-27-2013 at 06:31 AM.

if you want to play this build to the max you should only have 1 macro.

cast riftstrike
    cast searing strike
    cast retalation
    cast lifes vengence
    cast SP

everything else should be kept seperate. definitely do not put flamespear and frost strike in a macro since they have no cd and are buffs/dots.

keep RI, at all times for the bonus along with frost strike. Flamespear is situational. also you should spec into the bonus to pasification for the damage reduction and keep that up.

lastly your buff order should be applied in reverse of what you said. the last one you want purged off you in shield of the vengeful.

cant see your point total at work but you should get all 3 stuns from both souls, do no get rift storm since its useless, and spec into fork for the 5 person stun.

Telaran

can you post your point placement DDday, curious as to where you'd put points.

Telaran

Also is this build only viable for pvp right?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    if you want to play this build to the max you should only have 1 macro.

cast riftstrike
    cast searing strike
    cast retalation
    cast lifes vengence
    cast SP

everything else should be kept seperate. definitely do not put flamespear and frost strike in a macro since they have no cd and are buffs/dots.

keep RI, at all times for the bonus along with frost strike. Flamespear is situational. also you should spec into the bonus to pasification for the damage reduction and keep that up.

lastly your buff order should be applied in reverse of what you said. the last one you want purged off you in shield of the vengeful.

cant see your point total at work but you should get all 3 stuns from both souls, do no get rift storm since its useless, and spec into fork for the 5 person stun.
    yeh buff order in reverse my bad
    not sure pacification is worth 3 points especially since its only 3% damage reduc.youd be better putting it into hardened defenses imo

nothing wrong with putting flamespear in a macro if your keeping them at melee distance most of the time, just means any disconnects will refresh the dot for you, and flamespear has no cd???.
    the opener macro posted isnt one i use but yeh its not a spam so i dont see anything wrong with macroing frost strike in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bogust View Post
    nothing wrong with putting flamespear in a macro if your keeping them at melee distance most of the time, just means any disconnects will refresh the dot for you, and flamespear has no cd???.
    the opener macro posted isnt one i use but yeh its not a spam so i dont see anything wrong with macroing frost strike in there.
    Its a 4 sec cd and with any decent player they will kite you a ton which will refresh your flamespear ever 4 secs. as far as putting frost strike in a macro with flamespear thats not to bad but i would keep the separate still since frost strike is more important then flamespear and u will want that up more often the flamespear.

i have not used this build recently, and just checked your build when i got home. with the recent changes i think OPs build is pretty much perfect. didnt realize they nerfed pacification it used to be 9% spell damage. i would not waste points in it. i might take a point out of burning blood or scald for fork though or a point out of each and take fork and rift barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
    Also is this build only viable for pvp right?
    yes mainly for duels and open world

Telaran

yes mainly for duels and open world
    Not viable for Wfs or conquest? or is it better to go with rb/temp for those or a 61 point tank build?

Champion

Its a 4 sec cd and with any decent player they will kite you a ton which will refresh your flamespear ever 4 secs. as far as putting frost strike in a macro with flamespear thats not to bad but i would keep the separate still since frost strike is more important then flamespear and u will want that up more often the flamespear.

i have not used this build recently, and just checked your build when i got home. with the recent changes i think OPs build is pretty much perfect. didnt realize they nerfed pacification it used to be 9% spell damage. i would not waste points in it. i might take a point out of burning blood or scald for fork though or a point out of each and take fork and rift barrage.
    if you look at my macro 1, its a buff macro: Rift strike > flame spear and frost strike and is in no need of spamming, hit it 3 times every 15 seconds. thats it.. anyone that would spam that would be losing alot of dps due to FS spam. macro 2 would be your spammer which is pretty much what you wrote down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast