+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo Leveling build : Paladin / warlord

Soulwalker

Default Solo Leveling build : Paladin / warlord

I looked everywhere to find out good solo leveling build at "low level".
    I tried a lot of them including the "perfect solo" warlord/champion.
    But each time, i think there is not enough survavibilty, and too much downtime.
    Maybe it was because i am at too low level, but compared to the 3 others classes
    (yes i level the 4 classes in parallel), the warrior is the far worst to level.
    As it have less regen/heal than the others.

So the "heal" spec of the warrior should be paladin, so i tried to build something with it.
    And i discovered this soul have a lot of "on block" ability.... as warlord that i know a bit more. So i paired both, i am now only 34 but my warrior is become the easiest of my character to solo !!!

DPS: the boost to "on block" ability provide by both souls, paired with a macro with all these abitility, will provide a huge dps as soon as you block a hit

survavibility: both souls give defensive bonus, you play with a shield, and paladin soul give some heal options.

my current build at 34 (not tested before 33):
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.jspa#8gGow/9kkowki/V

my target build at 60 (if no bad surprise at higher level):
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...kB8/9kki2EAg/V

Of course it is very Single target spec... mobs are killed very quickly
    I hope it can help you guys

RIFT Guide Writer

I did flirt with a Pally solo build before SL came out:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post3981007

But then I was talked into trying Steelwinds WL / Champ build by guildies. It put out far more DPS, made it much easier to pull mobs, was both simpler and more fun to play, and was plenty survivable.

Not as survivable of course, it's not a half tank spec, but plenty enough. And I leveled 50-60 exclusively in that build.

Since then Paladin as also had a significant nerf to damage output.

Maybe it's a scaling issue, I think you may find things change as you get closer to 60 and it will get very slow.

Though if it's working for you right now don't let that put you off, keep playing with it as you level and let us know how you get on. One of the most fun parts of this game is making and tweaking your own builds
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 06-24-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Ascendant

Drop the points in aggressive guardian from Paladin. Go for thick of battle in warlord. 12% on everything > 9% on a few things. And you don't need threat for solo'ing / leveling. you have no use for an extra 3 paladin over 3 warlord from the roots either.

Battlefield medic is useless especially with talented Light's Balm. Grab combat veteran so you can block without a shield and do more dps when physical durability is not an issue, or into the breach for a second charge. 44/32/0. Another option is to go 42/32/2 and get Skyfall for more range dps. But that's not really needed most of the time.

Everything else I would do differently is just preference.

42/32/2 is what I use Open world most of the time. Solo'd a stronghold with it. Not the fastest build, but recovers from bad pulls pretty well.
    Last edited by Repster; 06-24-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    Drop the points in aggressive guardian from Paladin. Go for thick of battle in warlord. 12% on everything > 9% on a few things.
    And you don't need threat for solo'ing / leveling. you have no use for an extra 3 paladin over 3 warlord from the roots either.
    At his current level he would also loose the 25% dmg from Shield of the Vengefull and 0-25% dmg from Invigoration. At level 60 you might have a point - though I kept Agressive Guardian in my suggestion below.

Battlefield medic is useless especially with talented Light's Balm. Grab combat veteran so you can block without a shield and do more dps when physical durability is not an issue, or into the breach for a second charge.
    Agreed.

Also:
    Brutal response is no use at all for soloing.
    Resolution should not be required when soloing (it's more of a PvP thing) whereas an interrupt and/or stun might come in handy-
    Divine Grace will increase the dmg on Balance of Power, Light's Vengeance and Light's Decree.
    Thick of battle is definately better than Shatter.

For soloing I'd suggest something like this if you want to stick to WL/paladin:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...i/98Fi1hkC0/3e

3 points in Tempest instead of Paragon will also work.

Ascendant

Brutal response
    increases threat from attacks that must follow a block further based on endurane and reduces the power cost of theses attacks by 50%

With four off the GCD attacks that must follow a block, it's worth it.

Shatter is better then thick of battle as it's a debuff on the target and therefore in a different stacking group, compared to thick of battle that stacks with everything else so is weaker.

(Base x 2.50)x1.05 > Base x2.62

Not by much, But there's probly more modifiers and stacking groups that I'm forgetting that makes shatter that much better. So it gets more better the bigger the stack is so it multiplies the stack of damage mods instead of adding to them.

There's always

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...iiA/98Fi1hkE/V

Where you get all of the above. Although that leaves you with thunderous leap as an interrupt on gcd every 45 secs. Could always drop a point somewhere, like enduring, to pick it up in Paladin.

Soulwalker

thx for all theses advices.
    I am only 38 for now, i limit to 26 point in paladin to get shield of the vengeful.
    To put everything else in warlord which give a bit more in DPS.

I have a question
    With Agressive block, Steady agression could be usefull ?
    Or should i not use agressive block at all ?

Ascendant

There's no real reason to use aggressive block when your not tanking.

Soulwalker

the damage boost on it seems useful and the increase chance of block should help to trigger more "on block attack".
    often when soloing, as soon as i am in melee range, i use agressive block first, and then use
    my builder macro with all the "on block" attack.(retaliation, light vengeance, backhand, and arterial strike that i should have later)
    It seems a bit more efficient that when i don't use it, but i am not really sure, and i don't have install any dpsmeter to check

Soulwalker

Looks like a nice build and it seems to work on level 29 already.
    Any chance of posting your macros?

I prefer these survival style builds, sadly, warrior still doesn't seem to get even close to cleric on these

Soulwalker

I have not the macro with me now, but they are quite simple,
    even more at 29

Key 1 = agressive block, to use at start of fight.
    Then create a macro with all your available "on block" attack.
    and use the empowering strike at end.

Finishier will be breaking blow (until you get better at high level).

For AE, unfortunatelly at 29 you should not have anything

I loved this build, but since 47 the perfect solo build seems better.
    I switch back to this build only for difficult encounters, long fight (elite)...
    I am 50 now with my warrior but, i didn't started SL yet with him.

Yeah, the "Perfect Solo" build needs at least level 47 to really shine. Before then your build or a champion or paragon focused build with at least 4 points in Warlord for the Recovery Posture seems to be the way to go. After 47, though... nothing I've tried has come anywhere close to "Perfect Solo."

+ Reply to Thread