+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking a good dps build

Soulwalker

Default Seeking a good dps build

Hi, i've downloaded this game today, read a little about it.
    I'm a wow player earlier but with the changes etc. i wont be going back to it.
    So therefore with the rift f2p im looking forward to play this game.
    However, the choices. There are so many of them. I want a dps class and went with the warrior.
    I want a solid dps guide/build and hope some of you can link it to me. Besides that, i want to hear, when i look at my abilities i got several, i chose champion and i got paragon/riftblade for now, those 2 got abilites as well but should i use them or only those from champion "book"? hope you understand and can help out a very confused player out

Soulwalker

Hi,
    First off, welcome to Rift I hope your enjoying it so far. I know how you feel about the souls, it's daunting when you first look at them, but never fear they are simple once you ge the hang of them. At low levels you'll want to choose the dps soul you like the most and invest most of your points in there, only putting points in another tree when you get the prompt telling you that you must before you can place more in your main tree. As this is the main one you put points in you'll focus on useing that souls abilites the most.

Secondly, you'll want your second soul to complement your main.This souls purpose is to provide buffs to what your main soul is doing or abilites that will in turn buff your main souls. An example would be riftblade/tempest, since riftblade is an elemental damage tree we would like to pick up tempest as there are buffs to ele damage in there ( another viable soul would be paragon but for crit and other buffs).

Third, the last soul you pick will very rarely have a single point put in it, in the old days there were lots of specs that used 3 trees but updates have made it to were the higher tier abilites are worth the point investment more so than they were in the past. For this soul pick one that has abilites that can benifit you or that you like without needing to put points in the soul to get them.

Lastly, just browse some of the guides that are on the first 2 pages as they are the most up to date,just make sure if you can it's atleast a 2.1 spec anything older gets risky if you ask me. Just keep an open mind, if you like something play it, this game allows alot of play it your way, people may not always like what you bring but that does not make it non-viable. Also if the guides are not to your likeing the preset trees that are in the soul menu are all pretty decent and synergize well together. Just stay away from beastmaster spec as it's pretty daunting to play effectively.

sorry this was long winded but I hope it helped to answer a few questions, if you need more help just leave more questions and i'll see what i can do. I was away from Rift for almost a year and just recently came back about a month ago so I'm still learning some of the new stuff as well, be patient with the guides as there seem to be alot fewer in circulation than when i left.

p.s. specs by Steelwind and Ewarwoo are well put together and recommend as they are the guys that had ones that interested me and tried.

Soulwalker

alright i will give it a try, but ty for a decent reply. as far as i can tell, i need to choose 3 tree lines and put souls into them, mostly into champion since thats what im going to, and the other 2 trees are what you want? like one tree could be a bit defensive and the other dps. ive yet not to be able to play more then 10min cause it wont log me in, but i will search the forum for a build guide, again ty for the answer

Soulwalker

i'd like to add: its very confussing with selcting warrior, then comes 5-6ish underlines. i would like to know, champion is the best dps all around treeline? since im new i read that it was best for new players untill you understand more of this game
    And second, (sorry for the double post) i can click on "Player", then in the ability menu you see 4 different "treelines" champion, paragon etc.. each of those got abilities in them, should i use those or only the one from the selected main treeline?
    Last edited by SavageWar; 06-12-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Most of the builds will be for level 60. In fact, a lot of the abilities are tweaked for level 60 raid builds and not for level 10, etc.

Champion is king on AoE, but not at very low levels. Be careful about using your Mark of Inevitability until you get your main AoE builder at level 12.

Basically when you get new soul points, you should put 1 in your main soul each time and occasionally, when it gives you 2 you'll have to put the other in the subsoul.

I personally would go WL/Champ/Tempest.

At level 32 you get Cornered Beast and it is very fun.
    Beware the Penguin...

Soulwalker

i think i need a hands-on rift guidebook, so very confussing with all the treelines and what to put together etc.. but ill have a look around and see what i can use

Soulwalker

yea i did'nt think to mention about the needed level to make those builds just a suggestion as to some souls that others have figured out work together.

As Goepenguin stated warlord and champ work extremely well together, i use as my solo grind souls and have little difficulty with of level mobs.

too bad you did not show up to play rift pior to the xpac, champ was the beast spec to play one of the few that were worth the full investment for the top tier abilites, it's still beast it just lost some of it's single target punch, but still pumps out aoe like a CHAMP.

Soulwalker

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzkBgy0kuoMvVhm

Here is a sample build for you thats up to level 30.

Single target dps/ use empowering strike from warlord for you builder and punishing blow for your finisher.

Aoe/ use mighty blow for builder and bladefury for finisher.

Mark of inevitability for extra dps (champ)

Sergents order for mob pulls to keeps from pulling too much ( warlord )

Buffs/ Soldiers Bearing, Recovery Posture, Defensive Posture

I use these 2 souls to grind mobs with and theywork really well together.

+ Reply to Thread