+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [PvP] Possible Revival of RB/VK (primarily RB, though)

Mei

Default [PvP] Possible Revival of RB/VK (primarily RB, though)

51RB/25VK/0temp

Yes, I know this spec existed before. However, the old version of this spec used Reckless Strike, whereas this uses the RB elemental builders. It plays just like 61RB, without Burst Synergy or Rift Spear, and the loss of BotA is not as bad as it seems. You also get to throw in Discharges, which in my experience have crit other players for over 5k (I have the 4 WL piece, no WL weapon yet). The damage loss is bearable, as you gain Accord of Power and Surging Touch on top of a decent chunk of HP and mitigation, and even a cleanse. I haven't done extensive testing yet, but I will post results as I continue to play the spec. You might get to play melee again while also hitting hard and not worrying too much about exploding!

P.S. another trick is to use Spark for an oGCD builder (even though it doesn't do any damage). This will get another burst off quicker, which can possibly overwhelm an otherwise safe target. Note that this can starve your power, though.
    Last edited by Mei; 06-03-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Fluent

Soulwalker

Going to give this a try now, As pvping at level 58, Deep RB gets destroyed, and there seems to be no healers,

il let you know how it goes, cheers

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Harrry View Post
    Going to give this a try now, As pvping at level 58, Deep RB gets destroyed, and there seems to be no healers,

il let you know how it goes, cheers
    Hey,

I wouldn't suggest running this build until 59. At 59, you can use Avatar of the Rift and Accord of Power, which should really help your damage.
    Fluent

Rift Chaser

Looks fun, Mei. I (Mogus) will play it over the next few days. Been meaning for a reason to get away from 61RB and this could be it.

it was viable without reckless strike.
    Main problem is void buff (looks working only on physical dmg and ignoring most of AE received dmg).
    this spec was death when trion added 30% to full RB and reduicing skills dmg (and void buff bug) and heals convert to pact fix (0 bonus pact from AE heals).

I like the clense but without pact conversion this spec takes to long to get going. u either need constant damage or constant heals. meii have u tried 48rb 28 pally? I like that for when I don't roll 61rb. it will probably be my open world build too

Soulwalker

whats better for low lvl pvp? like 20's to 40's or even 50's? me and some friends mostly pvping atm? searched forums alot of stuff looks out of date.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I like the clense but without pact conversion this spec takes to long to get going. u either need constant damage or constant heals.
    Yeah, it can be pretty tough getting it going sometimes. I don't normally queue with clerics so I found myself low on pacts, and eventually I ditched the spec. It was fun for a bit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    meii have u tried 48rb 28 pally? I like that for when I don't roll 61rb. it will probably be my open world build too
    It's my duel spec, but I don't like how quickly it runs out of energy and how its damage is fairly weak. The spec in the OP is sort of a mix between 48/28 and 61/15, leaning more towards 61/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrue View Post
    whats better for low lvl pvp? like 20's to 40's or even 50's? me and some friends mostly pvping atm? searched forums alot of stuff looks out of date.
    Up to level 50, I would suggest playing Tempest (filling in as many points into the tree as you can) and having RB as a side spec. As soon as you hit level 50, switch to 51RB/15temp. When you hit 51, put another point in Tempest to pick up Lightning Torrent (it hits very hard until level 60). After you grab that point, just keep putting points into RB. At 59, you can continue playing RB/temp, or switch to 51RB/24VK for Accord of Power (I haven't tried this, but if you have a healer it could really boost your damage). When you hit level 60, play 61RB/15temp.
    Last edited by Mei; 06-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Fluent

Soulwalker

Mei, I do not have tempest available. Rift went F2P before i got my check to purchase storm legion, so ill have to wait to buy Gem to get them additional souls. any other suggestions?

Up to level 50, I would suggest playing Tempest (filling in as many points into the tree as you can) and having RB as a side spec. As soon as you hit level 50, switch to 51RB/15temp. When you hit 51, put another point in Tempest to pick up Lightning Torrent (it hits very hard until level 60). After you grab that point, just keep putting points into RB. At 59, you can continue playing RB/temp, or switch to 51RB/24VK for Accord of Power (I haven't tried this, but if you have a healer it could really boost your damage). When you hit level 60, play 61RB/15temp.[/QUOTE]

Mei

Mei, I do not have tempest available. Rift went F2P before i got my check to purchase storm legion, so ill have to wait to buy Gem to get them additional souls. any other suggestions?
    Not having Tempest will put you at a pretty big disadvantage, especially at higher levels, because of how powerful Shock Pulse is and how few snares warriors have. Until level 50, I would probably play Warlord with paladin on the side for survivability and boosts to WL reactives, or RB for flamespear so you can at least generate attack points from range. At 50, I would probably go 51RB/12WL/3para. Your damage will suffer without Shock Pulse, but you will be able to fire off bursts from range using flamespear. Get Tempest as soon as you can, though.
    Last edited by Mei; 06-12-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Fluent

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Not having Tempest will put you at a pretty big disadvantage, especially at higher levels, because of how powerful Shock Pulse is and how few snares warriors have. Until level 50, I would probably play Warlord with paladin on the side for survivability and boosts to WL reactives, or RB for flamespear so you can at least generate attack points from range. At 50, I would probably go 51RB/12WL/3para. Your damage will suffer without Shock Pulse, but you will be able to fire off bursts from range using flamespear. Get Tempest as soon as you can, though.
    OK, so i looked in my souls and i do have tempest apparently, but how do i make a new soul spec? or is it not possible now!?

Mei

OK, so i looked in my souls and i do have tempest apparently, but how do i make a new soul spec? or is it not possible now!?
    You can reset your points and switch your souls or buy a new role and activate that role.
    Fluent

[QUOTE=Mei;4293247]Yeah, it can be pretty tough getting it going sometimes. I don't normally queue with clerics so I found myself low on pacts, and eventually I ditched the spec. It was fun for a bit, though.

It's my duel spec, but I don't like how quickly it runs out of energy and how its damage is fairly weak. The spec in the OP is sort of a mix between 48/28 and 61/15, leaning more towards 61/15.

QUOTE]

yea the energy sucks, i use it in cq when i break off and look for 2 v 1s and after the first kill im already dead on energy. i messed with a bunch of vk hybrids since i like having a clense and purge but i cant get anything to be viable thats not 61vk. I miss 40/36 vk RB. that was probably the last time i actually felt like playing my warrior was fun instead of pew pew SP

Soulwalker

Can you guys comment on the cc/utility and range ability of RB/VK and the predominantly WL build? Thanks
    Primarchus - Warrior, Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by cbjewelz View Post
    Can you guys comment on the cc/utility and range ability of RB/VK and the predominantly WL build? Thanks
    RB/VK on paper looks awesome but it just lacks the punk of RB/Pally. 41 points into vk gives you some solid shields including a full shield(nerfed in pvp) st silence from range, st and aoe pull with 1s root. spell reflect. if you put the rest of the points into RB you can get another stun and a port. 0 temp gives you the range you need. Sounds great right. sadly putting 41 points into a tank soul makes your damage laughable even with the on paper synergy ov RB VK.

48rb/28 pally gives you 3 stuns, a full heal, doesnt rely on pacts for its buffs, a ranged interrupt, much better damage, same range but it hits much harder, a damage on hit ability or 10% damage reduction. charge with stun 2 ports. Block procs. just all around better build. less HP but the ratio of damage you do out weighs the HP loss. If Vk had something like shield of the vengful low in the tree i think vk would top pally for sure because a purge and clense are awesome for hybrid builds but the damage is just so poor in vk one you go greaer then 25 points and less then 61vk

61vk 11 champ 4 temp is a solid open world build. damage is obv low but it makes up for it with tools and the proc on hit. works good vs rogues and mages. plus the double purge is nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast