+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soulsurfing's fail 61 champ 15 warlord uber to the nuber mad farming aoe dps guide.

Default Soulsurfing's fail 61 champ 15 warlord uber to the nuber mad farming aoe dps guide.

I came up with this after repeatedly reading how 61 champ was sooo good at farming yet there was no guide available for me to leech the mad infos. (wtfbbq)

I’ve been using it a few weeks, and it’s great at raid trash, experts, events, farming, questing, a hero rises, or anywhere you need to smack down the mad aoe dps with melee heals.

I have no idea if anything similar has been posted elsewhere, and KewLdoOd27 wants to claim ownership of the idea when he came up with it 9 light years ago while taking off his robe and wizard hat. Good for you if you do, brah. That’s why you get all the chicks.

What I will say is that I got re-started on my warrior with the various 41 WL guides, which were good. But eventually I found them lacking. Well not the guides, but the specs. As Daft Punk says, Harder, better, Faster. So are you ready for the next step?

I tested this vs. the newest 41 WL I found and trusted, it does far more AOE dps, as well as even doing more ST dps using only the AOE rotation I outlined below. So for all intents and purposes, 41 WL is kind of obsolete at a certain gearing level.

So I began the mad scientist experiments and decided that this was better, and so I say, and thus it was, and it didn’t even take a 7th try.

I did testing on WL talents on PTS for at least 2 or 3 seconds, so don’t try to get all fancy schmancy. It’s not worth it to keep shatter or strength of arms up. Just go for the passives or actives which provide value for your porpoises, not to forget your cetacean friends.

I figured since this was an aoe farming build I’d pump points into Trained Defense to help tank multiple mobs easier, but you can just as easily put 2/2 Calculating for ST/Main target DPS every 6 seconds (which might be a good idea once you get raid geared). Or drop into the breach since you already have a charge in champ. It’s your world son. How do you want to own? You’re not in suckeroth any more.

I basically stole the rotation from Bloodborne’s 61 champ guide. He’s so awesome, thanks for that, breh. His thread on the raid dps version is here:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...amp-guide.html
    Mine is probably not super exact to his to the nth degree, he had a longer rotation but I just noticed a pattern which was “good enough” and lifted it. Hence there may be wiggle room here to further max the dps if you are so inclined.

If you want some range instead of the 3% paragon buff just toss 0 tempest in there and make yerself some additional macros. Which is why I went for the 15 WL and 0 point 3rd soul, so you could change as desired.

This spec could conceiveably be dumbed down to 4 keys but for elegance I left it at 5. There is a possible ST rotation but I’ll cover that another bat time. It will also be stolen from Bloodborne’s thread. Qft.

Enough with the gum flappin, on to the goodness. Here’s the spec kids:
    http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=509

Buffs: Way of the river, Shared Suffering, Dominating Bearing, Recovery Posture

Macros:

Finisher:

#show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast proper timing
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Bladefury
    cast Mark of Inevitability

Disruptive Strike macro:

#show disruptive strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast disruptive strike
    cast backhand
    cast bull rush
    cast into the breach
    cast Mark of Inevitability

* Please note above macro puts you in melee dps position if you are out. If you don't like this behavior just remove the 2 charges. It also does a debuff with an additional tap. You can change it to the other debuff if you like, or control the debuff manually with another key.

Charge Macro:

#show bull rush
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bull rush
    cast into the breach

Keyboard setup:

F1 - Neck Punch (interrupt)
    F3 - Charge Macro

1 - Mighty Blow
    2 - Savage Sweep
    3 - Finisher Macro
    4 - Corned Beef
    5 - Disruptive Strike Macro

Rotation:

When you begin your rotation you want two things: First, Savage Sweep (2) should be on your targets. It's a dot. Dots guud. Second, you may be out of position and/or need points. You should always be at 3 points when starting this rotation, because the rotation starts with a finisher. So charge into position (F3) for that 3rd point as needed. Then begin below.

3 (double tap when proper timing is ready)
    4 (insert argument about waiting for full corned beef channel here)

Repeat.

Think you can hit 3 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2 and do 70k+ DPS on 5 PTS Golem foundary dummies with only 3pc champ and crappy expert level weapons? That’s what I had when I tested this spec. Not that anything will live that long. I’m sure it does much more dps now that I’m 4 pc, and also realized there’s 8 dummies I could test on whenever they allow copying to PTS again. *grumble PTS copying disabled* *shakes fist*

Sadly, somehow, this is parsing within a few thousand dps of the actual raid version for me. So I figured, why have two 61 champ specs.. what am I , champasaurus rex?

I’m not a guide writer so any updates will need to be posted in-line with the spec.

I welcome any refinement or tweakage from the braniacs, or kids in the hall.
    Last edited by Hodor; 05-22-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Already found first error, thx forum that doesn't allow us to edit our own posts so some nerd can post "Quoted for Truth"

You should be double tapping the Disruptive Strike macro because DS and Backhand are both on a 6 sec delay. Puts a little additional DPS on your main target.

I like to burn down caster, archer, any mob which is a PiTA first.
    Last edited by Hodor; 05-22-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    thx forum that doesn't allow us to edit our own posts so some nerd can post "Quoted for Truth"
    Errrr yes you can.
    Last edited by IceDread; 05-27-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

1) You have 5 minutes to update the OP.

2) You can obtain the "Guide Writer" title from a moderator if he sees it fit.

3) http://bit.ly/110Hswy
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kryoz View Post
    2) You can obtain the "Guide Writer" title from a moderator if he sees it fit.
    Walsingham has a backlog. The admin link to request editting privileges is broken. Sent a PM to new Community helper outer and still waiting...

I recently started working on tests for lower levels running a variant of this (I have to actually try and test it as I go, so is taking a long time).

Thanks
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Walsingham has a backlog. The admin link to request editting privileges is broken. Sent a PM to new Community helper outer and still waiting...

I recently started working on tests for lower levels running a variant of this (I have to actually try and test it as I go, so is taking a long time).

Thanks
    Elrar usually gets the job done swiftly. Thank you for the update, though.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 05-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

Very similar to what I use, but I use a 11wl/4rb version personally (mainly for the dodge/runspeed buff in rb.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

furhter notes:

copied back to pts and spec as posted does 100k aoe dps on 8 targets with 4pc crystal and a windblade. pretty impressive for a 5 button farm spec.

also im gonna take those charges out of the DS macro, its actually super annoying. sometimes you position yourself so you can hit the most mobs and it might be juuuust over 3 range so you charge. it's better to just manage it manually.

interesting with the RB i may try that out. i also want to try dialing down the warlord and maybe putting more para in there. just depends if my gear is good enough not to need the warlord any more. thinking to try 11 para/4 wl.

lol at people getting so angry they create smarty pants google things. not being able to edit on a guide forum is a legitimate complaint, and waiting months for access is stupid. just let us edit our posts. no reason not to.

oops okay yea so you kinda need or want 11 wl scratch what i just said. here are some numbers i just took. pts golem foundary, 8 dummies:

1. spec as posted, 100k dps
    2. warborne's raid version 15 para/0 rb, 106k dps (using the 5 button rotation and macros in this thread)
    3. 11 wl/4rb, 101.8k dps
    4. 11 wl/4 para, 105.4k dps

these were short 3 min parses so there will be a little rng variance but they are all fairly close to each other

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Walsingham has a backlog.
    There is your problem
    Last edited by Weenz; 06-04-2013 at 05:54 AM.
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Champion

On topic :

Your finisher macro is wrong,
    1) You dont want to macro proper timing there, it will go off with thunderous strike, u want it seperate so u can use it with Titan's Strike.
    2) Chains of Death is a dps loss when it doesnt hit enough mobs. You want to have it manually so you can use it when u have 3 or more mobs. Ideally save it for when u have the most mobs that you are going to pull.

Personally this is the spec i used to solo stuff when 60. 61 champ 15 warlord 0 tempest, just to pull mobs from 35 meters with auto attacks and shock pulse. And now with the incoming changes to tempest 0 point skill, its worth it to use that for most specs.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8m9kE/7klllakGll4/V
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Thanks for the suggestions Weenz

Ill look into em and maybe try to clean this post up, I was a little tanked and joking around when I posted it.

I switched to 11 WL/4 para and love it. More dps and anyone raid geared doesn't need the extra "WL Protection"

I even tried it out on Matriarch, pulled 28k dps and 800 HPS. Not a full kill, so no idea if DPS would go up or down. Also our tanks were swiping the blue crystals and not letting DPS get them. E-Peen tank dps ftw. What do regular full raid spec champs usually pull on that fight?
    Last edited by Hodor; 06-04-2013 at 01:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread