+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Warlord: In-Depth - 61 WL 4 CH 11 Paragon (Raid/Advanced/Carpal Tunnel)

Plane Walker

Default The Warlord: In-Depth - 61 WL 4 CH 11 Paragon (Raid/Advanced/Carpal Tunnel)

Hello! So, this is my second Warlord guide... beating the dead horse - or is it! Well I know there are some Warlord variants running around, people don't really take them seriously but let's see if we can change that.

Basically, this particular 61 WL 4 CH 11 Para spec, I ran in farm content for a good while - roughly two months ago; before I took a break from Rift. It did roughly the same ST as RB and ofc lower AoE, but mostly more fun. Anyway, after coming back, with oGCD surges, I've noticed that for me it's starting to pull higher than RB on dummy and in raids so I decided to go in-depth. I'll go in detail after laying out the basic spec:

61 Warlord 4 Champion 11 Paragon
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzkGBLvVxovluqRqsRuudfdRkz

Buffs: Ready & Deadly Posture, Everything is a Weapon, Soldier's Bearing, Battlefield Experience and Way of the River

Macros:

Builder
    #show King of the Hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Finisher
    #show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow

Alternative Finisher - With Killing Field on a seperate button
    #show Breaking Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Breaking Blow

Charges
    #show Clear the Breach
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Bull Rush

Other mandatory dps keybinds:
    Tactical Surge
    Battle Surge

Pros
    High survivability
    Cheating death every minute
    High mobility with two charges and one backstep
    Damage link for "the weakest link" of your raid
    Interrupt
    Small self-heal

Cons
    Low disconnect utility
    Limited AoE but good cleave
    People *****ing about your spec

Basically, the spec is self-explanatory. Builder > Finisher while keeping Tactical & Battle Surge up, keep watch on your attack points at all times beacuse they build up quite fast and you don't want to waste any. But yeah, pretty much everybody knows how to play Warlord already so I'll go in the juicy stuff:

In-Depth Warlord: Attack Rate

So basically; what I wanted to know is the "threshold" of the attacks executed in a time frame for Warlord to overtake RB on dummy - and it does. Without further dudes: 1.6 attacks per second with 2hs / 2.3 attacks per second DWing, is when this spec starts overtaking Riftblade. He who manages to execute this many attacks will see that this WL spec will start going over RB. Of course, you can't test >30% on a live dummy; which contributes to WL damage even further and of course this theory needs way more testing than I can do with my Warrior friends, which you guys might help out with, but this is what I conclude with my data with this spec.

So yeah, another reason why I started a new thread for this is so people can post their attack rates and their numbers so we can crunch even moar numbers which is always fun! Plus I'm really bored, so. Anyway, thanks for reading and your feedback! Also special thanks to Plaza, Yobiraion and Belade for their contribution!

We'll bang, ok?

This is the exact spec I use, and I have my warriors use. It works. Macros are slightly different, but not enough to call attention to.

OH... 1/3 Grace of the Five Rings is a very slight DPS gain over 2% str.
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 04-07-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

How is power starvation?

Plane Walker

Thanks Blood but yeah guys, this "guide" isn't really about how2play WL - I mean everybody knows how to play Warlord by now but yeah I mainly wanted to put in some data and ask peeps to help beacuse while it lasts I'd want everybody who wants to to play this spec simply beacuse it's so ****ing fun, so. But yes, if this spec works for you, if you can post your number of attacks so we can mash in more numbers. I don't know about you guys but I got ****all to do, heh.

Also a couple of things: Yes, power starvation is -bad- and depending on your button smash rate you'll go out of energy without LE about 20 seconds into the fight but with LE & real time raid situations / disconnects you'll have no problems.

Also also it has come to my attention that peeps have already theorycrafted WL, I'll try to catch up with that and post new specs if I find any. Right now I'm leaning on 5 Temp 10 Para and 8 RB 7 Para which both appear to do more damage than my spec but I still need a LE bot and it's ten in the morning here, so I'll post updates when I got any.

EDIT: Also while testing with Plaza we found out that Thick of Battle still doesn't stack for multiple players so, like Highlander, there can be only one...Warlord. Which sucks. :/
    Last edited by Thag; 04-07-2013 at 11:18 PM.

We'll bang, ok?

Rift Disciple

This is the highest parsing 61 warlord spec by a very slight margin over 15 paragon. Depending on crits and what crits either could look better on any given parse. But over multiple parses I've found this to parse the best consistently.

It also gives an extra charge.. bull rush, which combined with Into the Breach gives 2 'get back into melee range' abilities that do damage. Clear the Breach and Into the Breach share GCD but not Bull Rush.

15 paragon give the utility of switching 0 point soul from RB to Tempest for heavy disconnect fights.

8 rb 7 para parses about 400 dps lower than both this spec and 15 paragon in the long run but is more energy friendly.

I've tested every 61 warlord combination, and imo i'd suggest not wasting time looking past what you already have here. I've already wasted enough time doing so to confidently say this is as good as it gets for warlord dps in 61 point form. However you're welcome to look into it.

MiO
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thag View Post
    Builder
    #show King of the Hill
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Backhand
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    A Quick Death before Rising Waterfall.

Use Rising waterfall in another macro or bind to maintain weapon familiarity.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MiO View Post
    A Quick Death before Rising Waterfall.

Use Rising waterfall in another macro or bind to maintain weapon familiarity.
    Yup, when i played this spec, i had a seperate macro with rising waterfall at the top and empowered underneath it. So i would always hit this macro 2 times in a row when below 30% to maintain both ap buffs
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Plane Walker

Yeah you guys are right, when you want to srsly play this spec you have to keep up Weap. Familiarity manually >30% but while I was playing this I was playing it on farm content and was using RB for progress to you know, not to draw any ire, so I didn't really care and it just got stuck

We'll bang, ok?

Soulwalker

This build parse lower then RB in all situations and is horrible in disconnect. Ofc RB requires more button mashing and more than 4 keys pressed. RB > WL.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TortureX View Post
    This build parse lower then RB in all situations and is horrible in disconnect. Ofc RB requires more button mashing and more than 4 keys pressed. RB > WL.
    And ofc you can just post without reading a thread. Thanks for your contribution though.

EDIT: I mean I'm in a raid using this exact spec right as I post this, just lol.
    Last edited by Thag; 04-09-2013 at 01:23 PM.

We'll bang, ok?

tl;dr Use this spec on farm night for easy-mode face-roll. Use RB on progression. No more complaining please.

Hey,

have you tried 5 temp /10 para/61 wl with start macro like this:

#show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Shock Pulse

After that you'll have Amped and Weapon Familiarity buffs running for 20% more ap and weapon contribution.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    Hey,

have you tried 5 temp /10 para/61 wl with start macro like this:

#show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Shock Pulse

After that you'll have Amped and Weapon Familiarity buffs running for 20% more ap and weapon contribution.
    Yeah, unfortunately subsouls other than Paragon (Rising Waterfall ftw) doesn't really have much effect on WL dps...For me; rises up to 14-15k at pull, starves 20-30 secs into the fight and stabilises at around 12.5-13k - without LE ofc. With all 5 Temp 10 Para, 8 RB 7 Para and 4 CH 11 Para, pretty much all the same. 5 Temp 10 Paragon spikes higher though - as long as energy lasts; and has disconnect utility, so I guess it'd be the "to go" spec for raids if you wanna raid with WL.
    Last edited by Thag; 04-11-2013 at 09:16 AM.

We'll bang, ok?

RIFT Guide Writer

Is the extra mitigation in WL enough to enable you to stay in for orbital on Crucia and still put less pressure on the healers?
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Is the extra mitigation in WL enough to enable you to stay in for orbital on Crucia and still put less pressure on the healers?
    Not a WL expert, but its never a good idea to sit in mechanics.
    \

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast