+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hybrid Tank/DPS: 41 WL / 35 Pally / 0 VK Guide

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Default Hybrid Tank/DPS: 41 WL / 35 Pally / 0 VK Guide

Normally I post guides directly here, but I do not want to format it again for the forums, so it will be posted below directly to Riftscene, sorry for any inconvenience from my lazyness. In case you don't read the guide for some reason, I'd like to thank Warborne for helping me come up with this, it was a joint operation pretty much....find the most OP tanking spec possible.

To get you interested, I do ~10,000 DPS single target in experts with this build (while tanking) and it's also viable in raids, although you are very hard to heal.

Do NOT attempt this unless you have a competent healer and are overgeared.

http://www.riftscene.com/guides/clas...nk-hybrid-2-2/
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 03-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.

I like this build! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a "open world pve" kinda guy so I felt that the Light's Balm cd removal talent was worth it, getting slightly lower block instead. I did the Entangled City Core zone event boss with two other people, neither of them were healers and both lower level toons but I could still keep myself and both of them up with Light's Balm (+ Touch of Life + NPtD and Vamp Ess for myself). I'm only level 57, but I think I'll stick with this build as a solo one at least. The damage is pretty high so Vamp Ess heals for quite a lot. Oh, and I dual wield.

Thanks, again.
    Last edited by Krumelur; 03-19-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Talked to Allion about a few things with this spec, since I don't like using broken abilities/specs.

- A Quick Death proc'ing Balance of power is confirmed as a bug and will be fixed.
    - Light's Decree splash damage being affected by Crystal bonus (temp and WL 4pc) is a bug and will be fixed.
    - A Quick Death power cost being reduced by Brutal Response (PL) and Seasoned (WL) is a bug and will be fixed.

Hopefully those are the only changes coming, as this spec sacrifices a ton of mitigation/hp for the DPS boost.

Until the changes/updates to 2h Raid Weapons, it is actually best to use 2x Tank 1hs for this spec, if you have them (and the stats/DPS(mhDPS*1.3) are > your 2h). I don't have ANY tank weapons, so thats just not the case for me :-P

Also, if you want to use this spec, but don't want to sacrifice your shield, obviously you can forgo Combat Veteran, and still do pretty stellar DPS.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Looks worth trying, isn't it a bit dodgy to run a tank spec without interrupt though?

Hmm, I don't know.
    You could've just said: "Take that popular WL/PL PvP build, move some points in favor of Pally and tank with it."
    You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by GusTheBus View Post
    Looks worth trying, isn't it a bit dodgy to run a tank spec without interrupt though?
    Take pts out of trained defences. Same goes if you want the charge as well.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

HM Progenitor: 9500 DPS (I swapped to a shield)
    Kain (normal): 13800 DPS (2h)

OP much?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 03-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Hmmm, guessing this would be quite good PVP and PVE solo as well. New utility build?

Damn that lack of role slots!
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Hmmm, guessing this would be quite good PVP and PVE solo as well. New utility build?

Damn that lack of role slots!
    I use it for everything, tanked Saetos, Kain and Goloch with it tonight, all experts, solo, rifts, Ghunts... ****, I can pull more DPS with this in an expert than I can with my DPS specs.

RIFT Guide Writer

Lol. I'm sat here trying to find uses to justify it, its just a bloody shame my tank gears not quite good enough to cut it yet with something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    I use it for everything, tanked Saetos, Kain and Goloch with it tonight, all experts, solo, rifts, Ghunts... ****, I can pull more DPS with this in an expert than I can with my DPS specs.
    are you running tank gear with dps weapons then?

Another question i've had on my mind is, someone was talking about using either the Warlords Flatblade or 2 x tanking one handers, is there actually a difference in terms of dps between using 1h + shield or 2 x 1h, since dps is based on main hand and offhand would only count as a statstick, in that case, what's the benefit of using DW instead of shield?

RIFT Guide Writer

Main hand DPS is 1.3 x the DPS only if you're DW.

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Main hand DPS is 1.3 x the DPS only if you're DW.
    ah, that explains it, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GusTheBus View Post
    are you running tank gear with dps weapons then?

Another question i've had on my mind is, someone was talking about using either the Warlords Flatblade or 2 x tanking one handers, is there actually a difference in terms of dps between using 1h + shield or 2 x 1h, since dps is based on main hand and offhand would only count as a statstick, in that case, what's the benefit of using DW instead of shield?
    More raw stats. If you have a Relic tank 1h you get a dmg proc as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Take pts out of trained defences. Same goes if you want the charge as well.
    Beleive charge is not needed as we get Shield Charge from Paladin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast