+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A beginners Beastmaster - 61bm/10rb/5temp

Rift Disciple

Default A beginners Beastmaster - 61bm/10rb/5temp

We don't currently run a beastmaster, but out of boredom i've been playing with the different specs. I've found this one to be the easiest to play. This is a beginner's guide to beastmaster, with ease of use, buff uptime, and disconnectivy protection being the priorities.

Special thanks to Carinae for gathering all the information I used to put this together.

Point Allocation:

Beastmaster:

61 Point allocation obvious

Riftblade:

5 - Elemental Flux
    2 - Surging Energy
    3 - Elemental Empowerment

Tempest:

5 - Amped

Buffs:
    Enhanced Conductivity, Avatar of Wind, Planar Blade, Bond of Alacrity, Bond of Power, Bond of Shelter, Call of Kinship, Call of Savagry, Call of Stone

Macros:

Macro 1:

#show Enrage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    cast Enrage
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    petattack

Macro 2:

#show Tearing Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tearing Slash
    cast Skyfall
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    petattack

Macro 3:

#show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Flamespear
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    petattack

Macro 4: (Finisher)

#show Brutal Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Brutal Strike
    cast Skyfall

Macro 5:

#show Cutting Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Cutting Slash
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    petattack

Macro 6:

#show Fierce Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Fierce Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    petattack

Macro 7:

#show Vicious Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Twin Cuts
    cast Vicious Blow
    cast Shock Pulse
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fury Unleashed
    petattack

The Rotation: Starting with 3 attack points.

Rotation 1: <opening Rotation>

Spotter's Call - Macro 1 (until Enrage is cast) - Macro 2 x 1
    Macro 3 x 3 - Macro 4 x1
    Macro 5 x 1 - Macro 6 x1 - Macro 7 x 1 - Macro 4 x1
    Macro 5 x 2 - Macro 6 x 1 (leaving you with 3 attack points to begin rotation 2)

Rotation 2:
    Macro 1 x 1 - Macro 2 x 3 - Macro 4 x 1
    Macro 5 x 1 - Macro 6 x 1 - Macro 7 x 1 - Macro 4 x 1
    Macro 6 x 3

Rotation Hotbar:

1 - Spotter's Call
    2 - Macro 1
    3 - Macro 2
    4 - Macro 3
    5 - Macro 4
    6 - Macro 5
    7 - Macro 6
    8 - Macro 7
    9 - Primal Lucidity (if attempting 100% uptime, can remove from macros if micromanaging)

Rotation 1:
    1, 2 (until enrage casts), 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 6, 6, 8

Rotation 2:
    3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 5, 7, 7, 7

Repeat Rotation 2 for the rest of the encounter, refreshing Enrage as it comes off cooldown 1x per minute.

Rotation 2 allows for 1 spotter's call or 1 Enrage refresh, but not both or Cutting slash will drop off. If not needed it just clips Cutting Slash at 1 second.

Remember you are getting a ton of reactives, if energy starved you must press macros in rotation until an attack point is generated on builders and attack points are used on finishers. I don't expect this will energy starve in raid environments as it lasts over 2 minutes in golem foundry before starting to starve.

This rotation will keep Primal Lucidity up roughly 50% of the time <60% being max as its a 6 second duration ability with a 10 second cooldown.> You can put Primal Lucidity on a seperate hotbutton and use it as it comes off cooldown if needing it up 60% of the time <max>.

Yes, that is a ton of macros...and you'll want /raid message macros for Command to Attack/Command to Recover/Command to Stand Ground.

The rotation seems large but its really not difficult once you have it set up and run it a few times.

This is an average parse I had this morning running this spec/rotation in dimension with only Tempest and Riftblade buffs. Energy starved after about 1 minute.

A beginners Beastmaster - 61bm/10rb/5temp-bmparse.jpg

On PTS i'm getting 12k -12.5k and pet is pulling 2k, with this spec/rotation.

I really don't know much about beastmaster. I played around a bit with it prior to SL, but haven't touched it until now during SL. All I tried to do here is simplify it as much as possible for beginning beastmasters. Giving it as much disconnectivity protection as possible while keeping buffs up. I'm sure there is plenty of room for improving performance.

Zvas
    White Fang

Quote Originally Posted by ZevusGreybriar View Post
    stuff
    Will power starve in raid. Bleeds will drop off in raid. Won't be able to maintain spotters on adds in raid. Won't be able to use raid CDs without losing bleeds in raid.

I know you're all eager-beaver to contribute, but the guide Carinae and I posted is there for a reason.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

RIFT Guide Writer

8 button rotation with 7 macro's and its simple?
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    8 button rotation with 7 macro's and its simple?
    Thought the same thing O_o
    Warstryke - 60 Warrior
    <Afterlife> Laethys

DQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 4/5

Rift Disciple

Ewarwoo, unfortunately beastmaster requires a minimum of 7 buttons to run due to the need to keep up certain abilities that are not macro'able together in 10 rb / 5 temp.

Enrage, Fierce Strike, Cutting Slash, Tearing Slash, Shock Pulse, Spotter's Call, and Vicious Blow all require their own button. Not including Commands which require their own buttons as well.

Bloodbourne, I was merely trying to simplify what was posted by Carinae and yourself for this particular spec. Placing many of the timed bleeds, flamespear, and abilities that apply buffs/debuffs into macros so a beginner wouldn't need to monitor them.

The 19 second rotation 2 is a bit too long, which is why I stated only 1 spotter's or enrage would be usable per rotation. Commands will also eat 1 second to cast. I was less concerned with keeping 3 stacks of cutting slash up constantly, or letting tearing slash fall off breifly, than making it easier to play. The energy starve situation can be fixed by pulling Vicous Opportunity and Flesh rip out of all but main builders. I put them in all to avoid the 'hey how come you don't have Vicious and Flesh in the other builders, that's a dps gain' that would inevitably follow. Using Vicious and Flesh whenever they are up will always lead to energy issues unless your pet just doesn't crit much.

Anyway, yeah was just trying to help. I won't bother anymore. If I could delete it I would.

Bye all, see you in game only, i'm done.

Zvas

RIFT Guide Writer

The advanced guide as what looks like an easier rotation. I've never played BM so maybe I'm wrong. Just seems a bit off to call this beginners.

And no need to be touchy. Guides rarely come up in isolation, they're a combination of the original build and other players input.

I don't think there's a single well read guide up which hasn't been changed in some way due to input from others.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Rift Disciple

@ewaroo- looking at the macros its been simplified with absolutely everything stacking into every macro-i'm guessing in different rows to let different things be prioritised.
    @blood- he's put the 61 10 5- which in carinae's post- quotes it as "good dps, good energy"- and to be really honest about bm- at this point, anything without "surging" will starve (unless the energy regen from flurry in hybrid spec makes up for energy loss and can be maintained til next flurry) and any spec with "Surging" relies on the RNG of it actually proccing alot to significantly improve energy. This under the impression that you are:

1) refreshing cutting at 1-0 secs
    2) refreshing flesh rip after its duration
    3) using opportunity instead of flesh rip if its still ticking off
    4) keeping up fierce buff
    5) maximising primal lucidity uptime
    6) using vicious blow for the in betweens
    7) there's more but you know what I mean.

+ Reply to Thread