Marks

Macro:
    #show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Bladefury

Rotation (If you start with 3 AP.. you can ignore the initial SS)
    BR(Mark) > SS > F
    CB > (PT)F
    DS > F
    MB > SS > F
    CB > F
    DS > F
    MB > SS > F
    CB > (PT)F
    DS > F
    MB > SS > F
    CB > F
    DS > F

There's not much to it... If you want to Optimize it for ST... Which I don't really care about >.>
    Use this Macro... and manually use CoD.

#show Thunderous Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Bladefury
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

RIFT Guide Writer

Hmmmm. 3% contri does nothing for champ as none of its attacks are weapon damage + so you're basically swapping 6% str for 3% ap. But this would be on base values so 6% str would give more ap?

Unless I'm misunderstanding it.

Is DS a gain considering;
    a) mb hits fairly hard
    B) I suspect it will throw out timing of your rotation to finishers coming off cd giving you an extra bf and better finishers sat off cd for an extra tick.

I'll test but not sold on it as an improvement over mine. Initial impression is the only changes aren't necessarily for the better
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

This spec and rotation(Mark of Extermination) on PTS dummys with Ailions old parse rules:

http://i.imgur.com/sHLsbu9.jpg

Gave me better results than any other champion rotation

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Hmmmm. 3% contri does nothing for champ as none of its attacks are weapon damage + so you're basically swapping 6% str for 3% ap. But this would be on base values so 6% str would give more ap?

a) mb hits fairly hard
    B) I suspect it will throw out timing of your rotation to finishers coming off cd giving you an extra bf and better finishers sat off cd for an extra tick.

I'll test but not sold on it as an improvement over mine. Initial impression is the only changes aren't necessarily for the better
    DS allows you to fully channel CB without having to clip for TS and everything lines up perfectly. Although MB does more damage than DS, Finishers get a higher AP contribution than builders.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 02-19-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

a) mb hits fairly hard

Weapon + damage is all included into one value in the tooltips now. Just some of the tooltips still use the old format.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Soulwalker

In your cycle, do you stop CB and do your finisher as soon as you get 3 AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiona View Post
    In your cycle, do you stop CB and do your finisher as soon as you get 3 AP?
    Full Channel.

Soulwalker

I've been using a variant of this build for soloing for a while now. 61 Champ/10 RB/5 WL

i pick up Recovery Posture for survivability and Sergeant's Order for pulling in those pesky ranged mobs, and i substitute Flamespear for Mighty Blow in ST situations. Other than that, the rotation is almost exactly the same.

Bull Rush -> Mark
    Thunderous Strike
    Disruptive Strike -> Precise Timing -> Titan's Strike
    Weapon Defense -> Cornered Beast (Full cast) -> Bladefury/Chain's of Death
    Flamespear/Mighty Blow -> Savage Sweep
    Repeat from Thunderous Strike

i prefer this rotation slightly, because the mobs usually die towards the end of CB, which leaves me with 3 APs going into the next encounter. On the other hand, CB first and then Titan's Strike gets the full, and very substantial, healing potential from Recovery Posture.

It's not quite as optimized for a raid environment where you're counting on someone else to be your heals, but it's not a slouch either. And it does great AoE DPS compared to the 41 Warlord soloing build which i found simply too slow, although considerably less fragile.

The other thing i think is good about this is that you're basically practicing the raid rotation with every solo encounter.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Cenise View Post
    I've been using a variant of this build for soloing for a while now. 61 Champ/10 RB/5 WL
    Having both surging energy and grim satisfaction is a complete waste of 2 points. 61 champ as no energy issues.
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 02-26-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Soulwalker

Having both surging energy and grim satisfaction is a complete waste of 2 points. 61 champ as no energy issues.
    Good point. i'll move those to WL and either pick up Neck Punch for the interrupt or just put both into Tactical Advantage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cenise View Post
    Good point. i'll move those to WL and either pick up Neck Punch for the interrupt or just put both into Tactical Advantage.
    Just go higher in WL and get combat veteran if it's a solo build

Champion

Theres a couple of builds, yet to really test them

There is 15 paragon spec 10% str, 10% builders, 15% gift damage. storm blade
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../7klllakGll4/2

You use sweeping strike followed by a rising waterfall every 15 seconds (instead of a mightyblow) which gives you 10% ap . And with storm blade adds more dps.

Or

12 WL 3 para 10% str, 12% builder, 6% finisher, 12% gift
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...lllakGll4/8gS2

Using empowered strike at the same point instead of RW for a 4% ap buff. Not sure if this is an increase over a MB on lots of targets though.

Perks of this build include increased hp and resistance and gives you recovery posture if needed.

I have only really tested the WL variant (but i go 15 WL and pick up an interupt charge and block without shield for solo) But i think the paragon variant might be better. Since this build is all about finishers it might get pushed over by the extra finisher damage from WL.

Please post your thoughts or tests about this build
    Weenz - <Favouritism> Because everyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    I am the guild leader, how can I possibly be carried?

Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    Theres a couple of builds, yet to really test them

There is 15 paragon spec 10% str, 10% builders, 15% gift damage. storm blade
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../7klllakGll4/2

You use sweeping strike followed by a rising waterfall every 15 seconds (instead of a mightyblow) which gives you 10% ap . And with storm blade adds more dps.

Or

12 WL 3 para 10% str, 12% builder, 6% finisher, 12% gift
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...lllakGll4/8gS2

Using empowered strike at the same point instead of RW for a 4% ap buff. Not sure if this is an increase over a MB on lots of targets though.

Perks of this build include increased hp and resistance and gives you recovery posture if needed.

I have only really tested the WL variant (but i go 15 WL and pick up an interupt charge and block without shield for solo) But i think the paragon variant might be better. Since this build is all about finishers it might get pushed over by the extra finisher damage from WL.

Please post your thoughts or tests about this build
    You 15 para is wrong. This isn't a solo guide. This is for people who use 61 champ in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    FYI, the link to your optimal build is an 80pt build (61/15/4).
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Thargrom View Post
    FYI, the link to your optimal build is an 80pt build (61/15/4).
    Zam is failing. I'll doubt I'll ever get edit rights as I've asked for guide writer status for over a year now.

Going to start using riftscene.com for my builds now that it's live anyway. ;)

http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=205

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavik View Post
    Just go higher in WL and get combat veteran if it's a solo build
    i don't have any interest in picking up more defensive capability. Recovery Posture by itself is enough for the vast majority of encounters. Moving two wasted points from RB to WL costs me nothing, more than that, though, and i'm starting to give up useful DPS like Flamespear and that's a tradeoff i'm not willing to make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast