+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Metasin

Thread: CQ frontline tank / disruption build

Default CQ frontline tank / disruption build

44VK 23WL 9Temp

The premise:
    Combining the necessary utility and durability of VK with the rapid escape afforded by WL and Tempest, while creating the maximum frustration and confusion deep within the enemy ranks - while living to tell about it.

44 VK is a staple so I'm not going to dwell on it or the utility much, just be aware shock burst, rift reversal, void summon, rift summon, fusion of flesh, NPTD, and spellbreaker should be getting GCD priority.

The key to the build is Elude and Defensive Maneuver. You're going to get pulled in and static shot / burning bonds rooted frequently. This is an opportune time to rift reversal, as the people wanting you stationary are getting ready to tee off on you. Once they've courteously reset your Void Summon via the gratuitous pelting, hit Elude (breaks all CC, propels you back 20m) and decide whether or not the 5+ rows of debuffs on you are too much for you heals to contend with. If it looks like you're still in dire straights, DM will drop you back another 20m and well out of harm's way - just be certain not to share cloudmaker/time bomb/mass betrayal etc with your raid - ask for a Sterilize in a coordinated group, or thunderous leap to a clear spot and rebuff while the junk drops off, as you're often purged in the process.

Rift Summon and Sgt's Order do not share CDs, so use them judiciously on additional targets not caught in your Void Summon. High priority targets (blue bars of the healing variety) should get the extra attention of a Void Propulsion to further push them back into your raid.

I also run a variant for warfronts with 16 WL 16 Temp for the added knockback, excellent for herding healers to convenient FF locations and a minor boost to your DPS with Lightning Torrent.

Buffs should be obvious defensive choices, and you're not likely going to kill many people with the limited output of discharge/shock pulse/skyfall. The AoE does a respectable 7k DPS on turrets.

Happy tormenting! I hope to see you in CQ soon.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Rift Chaser

Love it. Kicking myself for not coming up with this myself. Been running 61VK in CQ but this should be a bit better. Will give it a shot tonight.

Soulwalker

can you post your macros, i have been lookin for a good VK build

Thick of Battle is 3 wasted points.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Thick of Battle is 3 wasted points.
    Good catch - I thought I had put 1 point in Backhand, I did not. Just take 1 point from Tactical Advantage and slide it to the right, or drop Combat Veteran and actually use a shield. With the valor decrease the extra armor would be a wise choice, and really wasn't necessary when I wrote this up.

As far as macros are concerned, I don't use many.

I have my two eject buttons on the same key with Elude first to break the roots.

I have Sgt's Order and Rift Summon on the same key. Void Summon is separate.

I have Shock and Furious Rage on the same key.

I use shock pulse for a builder / arc finisher, discharge separate and only fired at 10 pacts.

Purge/spellbreak/reversal/shock burst/propulsion are separate.

I also have all of the AoEs on one key for spamming at turrets or once the rout is on performing mop up duty.

You can add backhand to your pulls and builders to keep Thick of Battle up.

Your primary responsibility is to lead the raid in from an intelligent direction, not extend by more than 50m from your heals, soak/reflect as many high damage enemy CDs as possible, and know when to get out before your healers can't salvage you. Use your single target pulls for enemy tanks approaching to snatch your soft targets, and your Void Summon for those juicy healer clusters. If you don't have a fast PC with smooth gameplay, you're going to have a hard time after the valor adjustment.

Soulwalker

sry i am fairly new to this, what are eject buttons?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brethym View Post
    sry i am fairly new to this, what are eject buttons?
    Also is this a sword/board?

It was not a sword and board build until they reduced the valor with the recent patch, but it should be now. Otherwise, you'll be taxing your healers and robbing CDs from others that need them.

The eject buttons are Defensive Maneuver and Elude. Both of them are backward 20m leaps, with Elude also being the extra break free that removes all CC. At only 6 points in Tempest and with 2 points being a staple in every warrior PvP build, it's hard not to dedicate those 6 points in *any* spec.

Default Nice

Any chance on getting the macros (:

we do so love the macros

+ Reply to Thread