+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [2.1] [PVE] 61 Warlord [raid spec]

Rift Disciple

Default [2.1] [PVE] 61 Warlord [raid spec]

Hello all. I've been playing around with different Warlord builds since Paragon was undertuned. Here is the build that has produced the best for me thus far. I wanted to see what others thought about raiding Warlords.

These specs require either Ferver or Living Energy to maintain them past 1 minute. With either the build can will not starve.

I realize that both piercing strike and rising waterfall should be pulled out of the macros for getting the max dps, but for testing purposes through the different builds i've tried its been easiest to leave them in for now.

Anyhow, here it is. Please let me know what your thoughts are on the potential of raiding warlord dps/utility.

My stats:
    AP - 3534
    PC - 1903
    CP - 362 <warlord is crit heavy, stacking cp for warlord may produce better dps>

Parsing around 12k self buffed on dimension boss dummy

The build:
    61 Warlord - point allocation obvious

7 Paragon:
    5 points - Teaching of the 5 Rings
    2 points - Weapon Familiarity

8 Riftblade:
    5 points - Elemental Flux
    3 points - Elemental Empowerment

Buffs: Deadly Posture, Ready Posture, Everything is a Weapon, Battlefield Experience, Storm Blade, Avatar of Wind and Way of the River

Macros:
    Builder 1:
    #show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Into the Breach

Builder 2:
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of The Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Into the Breach
    cast Flamespear

Finisher:
    #show Breaking Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow

AoE Builder:
    #show Wave of Steel
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast King of The Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Clear the Breach
    cast Flamespear

Single Target Rotation:
    Starting with 3 Attack Points:

Rotation 1:
    Tactical Surge - Builder 1 x 3 - Battle Surge - Flamespear

Rotation 2:
    Builder 2 x 3 - Finisher <coming off rotation 1 will only need 2 builder2's>
    Builder 2 x 3 - Finisher
    Builder 2 x 3 - Finisher
    Flamespear

<repeat rotation 2 until Surges need to be refreshed then start over with rotation 1>
    I personally just watch the debuff for flamespear and refresh as needed.

AoE Rotation:
    Use AoE Builder in place of Builder 2

** Arterial Strike - is a reactive dmg/dot that can be used on block/dodge/parry <by you or what you are attacking> for a slight dps increase. <base dmg + 15 sec dot>

Under 30% you will be spamming A Quick Death as it has no cooldown then finisher, which will add roughly 1k dps for last 30%.

Utility:
    6k more hps than Paragon/Tempest
    7k more armor than Paragon/Tempest
    Brothers in Arms: 15% dmg mitigation buff <you take 15% of someone else's dmg taken> Good for fights with no Defilier or simply to toss on your favorite healer/raid member with low hps

Battlefield Medic: 2k self heal, 8 second cooldown
    No Permission to Die: 50% heal on killing blows
    Neck Punch: Interrupt
    Forced March: 50% movement speed increase for 15 seconds
    Seargent's/General's Orders: Single target and Group pull to warrior abilities
    Into the Breach/Clear the Breach: Charge with single target/aoe dmg
    Defensive/Recovery Posture: Solo postures/Emergency postures

Zvas

Soulwalker

what is about the Position of Backhand and Arterial Strike in Builder/2 Macro? The reactives should give us a gain! How do you start your rotation without 3ap? Builder 3x - Surge?
    #worst tempest world
    #ae is not a gain
    #dennis Hasselhoff

Quote Originally Posted by s3ol View Post
    what is about the Position of Backhand and Arterial Strike in Builder/2 Macro? The reactives should give us a gain! How do you start your rotation without 3ap? Builder 3x - Surge?
    Raid bosses don't block or parry afaik. If you need 3 AP switch to either tempest or paragon and use Storm Torrent or Combat Focus.
    Last edited by Plaza; 02-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/vIw2WpW.jpg

Soulwalker

I did 12.9k on the Dummy, but i toke 3k Dps for Field of death, cause on the dummy it was 4.8k on AoE, so it was at 14.7k at hightest dps.

Stats:
    AP: 3077
    Crit: 1893
    Critpower: 821
    Waroon

World First Regulos!

World 2nd Crucia!

heya,

just tried it with 4pc wl crystal and with chloro for LE.

12,5k - 13k for the first min-1,5min, then it went down a little bit and after a 4mins parse
    dmg was ~12k

AoE after 4mins and with 4 dummies 16,5k (4 dummies only because EE3)

stats 3366ap, 2037crit, 675cp selfbuffed w/o stones,flasks etc

Soulwalker

After a little bit of testing (laptop@work with 400ms ) i recognize, that Flamespeer isn't worth it (ES hits harder). I change the sidesouls to 15 Para for more benefit and str. and 0 RB for Stormblade. Stormblade ticks with ~400 dps (650 with 8 RB). So for me at the moment 15 para is the way to go.
    #worst tempest world
    #ae is not a gain
    #dennis Hasselhoff

RIFT Guide Writer

I really like the idea of this build, certainly the most interesting one for 2.2. I think I'll give this a go tomorrow if I get time to respec before raid.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by s3ol View Post
    After a little bit of testing (laptop@work with 400ms ) i recognize, that Flamespeer isn't worth it (ES hits harder). I change the sidesouls to 15 Para for more benefit and str. and 0 RB for Stormblade. Stormblade ticks with ~400 dps (650 with 8 RB). So for me at the moment 15 para is the way to go.
    Right, 61/wl 15 para 0 rb is better, i had about 300dps more. (and without Flamespeer)

str:2399
    ap: 3279
    crit:2023
    critpower: 869
    with 3 set bonus of wl cristall
    Last edited by Waroon; 02-11-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Waroon

World First Regulos!

World 2nd Crucia!

Shadowlander

Hi there,

Thx for your work ZevusGreybriar , its the best mono spec without disconnect.

Regards.
    Last edited by Goldilock; 02-11-2013 at 07:14 AM.

One thing I really respect about the Warrior community is our continual efforts in theory crafting. A very interesting find with 61 Warlord. 61Wl/15Para has severe issues with disconnects. You're looking at Paragon again except without the headache. If we can find a 61 Warlord build with range abilities for disconnects then it will become a solid raid build.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

If we can find a 61 Warlord build with range abilities for disconnects then it will become a solid raid build.
    it is not really possible to work into this, unles u go 5 or more tempest and thus, gimping it's true purpose. Really strong st melee dps and good aoe (compared to paragon)
    It i a strong competitor to Paragon, may even be better, but raid testing will show. For the other stuff we got tempest and riftblade

even if this build is showing 500 dps under paragon, it might be better just for the added hp/resist and utility it has, i mean 25k health, 1100 resist, use the extra hp to pull some heat off healer or other who needs and a sudden death survive

Rift Disciple

Thank you all for the feedback, was starting to think my parser was broken when there were no replies yesterday haha. I am very much enjoying 61 point Warlord. It just feels more fluid than Riftblade to me.

I have no doubt there is room to improve the 'max' Warlord spec dps, and I doubt it is the one i've posted. I am trying to figure out a more disconnect friendly version, but 0 point tempest seems to be a fair dps loss <about 400>. That is why I added the charges to the end of the macros, the st charge is a very minor dps loss as it hits very hard. And why I got hung up on having flamespear <i know it would clip already running flamespear on disconnect but was better than nothing if charge was down>.

A side note to Arterial Strike. It will proc when the warrior blocks/parry/dodge, not just the targets of the warriors attacks. And with 30% block <where i'm at in this build>, aoe's tend to trigger it alot. But its a dmg + dot attack so really only needs to be applied every 15 seconds so should be put seperate on hotbar outside macros.

Backhand has no in tree bonus' that i could find and is basically useless <a dps loss>.

I like the thought of dropping all points in riftblade for 15 paragon. The charge can make up for 1 disconnect every 15 seconds. In a perfect world that should be enough.

I considered placing Forced March under Into the breach/Clear the Breach for the added runspeed to cut down on disconnect time for lack of anything more productive.

Please continue to play with Warlord specs, I would really enjoy one that is as viable as any other melee dps spec in raid settings.

I am unable to edit my original post. So Steelwind, if you can do edits and come up with something you believe is more viable than what i've posted above, add a new post to your builds so it can be updated properly as we all perfect it. I am really hoping its viable for raiding.

Zvas
    White Fang

Quote Originally Posted by tinkertoy View Post
    it is not really possible to work into this, unles u go 5 or more tempest and thus, gimping it's true purpose. Really strong st melee dps and good aoe (compared to paragon)
    It i a strong competitor to Paragon, may even be better, but raid testing will show. For the other stuff we got tempest and riftblade

even if this build is showing 500 dps under paragon, it might be better just for the added hp/resist and utility it has, i mean 25k health, 1100 resist, use the extra hp to pull some heat off healer or other who needs and a sudden death survive
    That alone makes it worth it. It eases the pain on healers and gives you a lot more survivability.

Rift Disciple

Made a few adjustments to spec and macros that should improve dps quite a bit, thanks for the input everyone whos posted or sent me a tell..

Build is now:

61 Warlord 15 Paragon 0 Riftblade

Paragon points:
    5 Teaching of the 5 Rings
    5 Weapon Familiarity
    3 Grace of the 5 Rings
    2 Devoted Training

Marcos are now:

Builder 1:
    #show Piercing Thrust
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Into the Breach

Builder 2:
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast King of The Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Into the Breach

Finisher:
    #show Breaking Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow

AoE Macro:
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Wave of Steel
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast King of The Hill
    cast Decisive Strike
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike
    cast Into the Breach

Single Target Rotation:
    Starting with 3 Attack Points:

Rotation 1:
    Tactical Surge - Builder 1 x 3 - Battle Surge

Rotation 2:
    Builder 2 x 3 - Finisher

<repeat rotation 2 until Surges need to be refreshed then start over with rotation 1>

AoE Rotation:
    Use AoE Builder in place of Builder 2

Up from 12kish to 12.5k-13k depending on crit rate

I am starting to really lean toward Warlord over Riftblade also, at least for 1 or 2 warrior dps in raid.

Zvas
    White Fang

Plane Walker

Gave a very similar spec a try with last patch. I found that it looked great on the dummies but underwhlemed in the actual raid. Though I did choose a poor boss to try it on and tried it only once.

Would be cool to see this thing semi-competitive.
    Koz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast