cast Mighty Blow
    cast Arterial Strike
    cast Weapon Defense

AE Finisher

#show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Killing Field
    cast Bladefury

I don't put Savage Sweep in as I've not noticed any overall dps difference when using it vs not using it, and if I have it, it's just "1 more thing" to manage and when I'm soloing I'm looking for ease of use, so I don't bother with it. Feel free to swap a point into it if you like it and want to use it.

The bug that had Arterial Strike adding combo points has been fixed, so it's now just bonus OGCD damage, so I left it at the bottom of the macro due to its slightly lower priority now. I moved the Piercing Thrust/Wave of Steel up in the macro to reflect their higher priority, especially now that King of the Hill is making them 100% chance to crit once per 15 seconds.

If you want to move Piercing Thrust/Wave of Steel into the finisher macros and push them 2x instead of the top of the builders, that works also, but I found that with my own play style of spamming the builder buttons but only doing single presses on the finishers that it works better in the builder macros. YMMV, of course.

The 3rd soul can be Paragon for 3% crit chance buff or Tempest for a bit of ranged damage. If going Tempest, taking 2 points out of Champ and putting them in Tempest in order to get the Skyfall ranged finisher is a decent idea. As I generally find that with 2 charges, Mark of Inevitability, and Sergeant's Order that that's plenty of "range" and I go for simplicity in my soloing, I prefer the Paragon myself, but again... YMMV.

I was playing with this last night and even though it's now a little longer in between finishers due to no longer getting the Arterial Strike's bugged combo points, the kill times and dps were the same as before all the changes. I'm level 58 and I could still take on 4 level 60 mobs at a time and finish the fight with 80% health (thank you Cornered Beast!). Single-target fights actually heal me a little bit, so if below full health goes up. If at full health, I stay there. I still love this build for solo!

Not a bad guide, especially for someone like myself who is coming back after a long time away. As a matter of fact, most of my old macros are hopelessly broken (Path of the Wind, they just took it out?)

I'd be inclined to switch out Paragon to Tempest, myself only because as I was previously Champion//Paragon I used Path of the Wind in PVP quite a bit if my enemies dodged just out of range, but for PVE I'd imagine Paragon works very well for the crit damage buff.

How would you recommend speccing this if you were leveling with it? I.E at 20/40/60.

For this build to really "work" you need 41 WL and 21 Champ, so that requires at least level 47 before this build makes much sense. As a result, in the lower levels I suggest going primarily Champion with a touch of Warlord. Since Champ does so much more AE damage I also keep a "Pure Champion" role for doing invasions, onslaughts, or for clearing footholds.

Level 4

Level 16

Level 21

Level 32

Level 48

After 48, respec to "Perfect Solo."

Last time I checked "Arterial Strike" shared the proc with "Backhand" only. So it's been possible to have them both in the macro, "Backhand" first since it's on 6s CD.
    Both of them would fire eventually. Can't say if you'll starve too quickly now, but it worked for me just fine just before last hotfix.

This is pretty much the build i used to level from 50 to 60... I put 2 points in Temp though for ranged builder and finisher. Helps with pulling lots of mobs.

I also use savage sweep on seperate button and using it while gathering mobs to keep them from thethering.

It is a great build although i would love it do have a little more self healing like the clerics and rogues.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Quote Originally Posted by mhaze View Post
    Last time I checked "Arterial Strike" shared the proc with "Backhand" only. So it's been possible to have them both in the macro, "Backhand" first since it's on 6s CD. Both of them would fire eventually. Can't say if you'll starve too quickly now, but it worked for me just fine just before last hotfix.
    Ya know, I've tried with both and saw they shared the proc condition. I had Arterial 1st in the macro and since it doesn't have a CD it always fired and Backhand never did. It didn't occur to me to swap their order in the macro. I'll have to give that a try!

I've used this build to lvl from 50 - 60 without any problems.

Atm hoewever I found it faster to use 61CH for any farming or daylies or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    lol, you are the one I could see,
    ToTDQ:4/4 || FT: 4/4 || EE 5/5 || HM (3/4)

Soulwalker

Using this Build since 47. Im currently 50,5 :-) and having a blast. This build works GREAT from 47 up.
    Thanks for sharing.

I've used this for AE'ing in 5 mans mostly. Killing Field and A Quick Death is what really makes it worth it IMO.

I used Tempest/Riftblade at level 1 and up for soloing. Far better. Single target DPS is where it's at for most soloing encounters. For example in Silverwood, at least half of the population in any given area are ranged, making it very difficult or impossible to gather them up and AE. It's similar in other zones as well.

Tempest has a nice absorb and a heal, as well as a "feign death" ability. They make soloing a lot easier. A Warlord or Champion role just leaves me too banged up after fights to continue, I use a lot of drink, or in some situations I just die from adds (like invasions).

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Altira View Post
    For example in Silverwood, at least half of the population in any given area are ranged, making it very difficult or impossible to gather them up and AE. It's similar in other zones as well.
    LoS is your friend. The first time it becomes a problem is gloamwood on the witch quests.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Rift Master

I've been using the alternative version of of the War/Champ, the one that doesn't even bother with single target and just uses Mighty Blow as the main damaging move (with KF/Bladefury macro as finisher), since level 51 or thereabouts (basically since SL came out). I can pretty much solo Onslaughts, minor rifts, the group quests in Steppes, and essentially anything that comes my way in the open world without breaking a sweat.

What does this one offer over that, higher damage overall? I might have to try it out just to compare.
    Vaydron @ Threesprings

Leave the "thinking outside the box" part to the people who have raids on farm and are overgeared for content - RoughRaptors

Rift Master

(edit timer...)

Just from glancing at it, is it still as survivable? The new build doesn't have Battlefield Medic, or Chains of Life, so it seems to rely 100% on Recovery Posture procs to stay alive, which is what normally heals me, but I kind of liked having CoL and BM in case I pulled too much, and it's saved my bacon a few times. Just want to make sure that I won't be losing any survivability by trying this one.
    Vaydron @ Threesprings

Leave the "thinking outside the box" part to the people who have raids on farm and are overgeared for content - RoughRaptors

RIFT Guide Writer

Also Juggernauts bearing. You're losing a ton. Its more DPS focused.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Also Juggernauts bearing. You're losing a ton. Its more DPS focused.
    Eh, after a while I ended up going with DPS buffs anyways, so that's not a big deal. It's been weeks since I've run with Juggs and Defensive Posture. I'll have to try it out and see.
    Vaydron @ Threesprings

Rift Master

Well I just tried it for Return of the Fallen zone event in Ashora. I certainly wasn't as survivable as before, but nothing worriesome and the ST damage isn't that shabby (~7.6k on the zone boss) either. So I think I'm sticking with this for the time being. It's tempting to remove Arterial Strike to take Medic just in case, but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Thanks for this build
    Vaydron @ Threesprings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast