+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Perfect Solo" updated for 2.1 Hotfix 7 changes

Telaran

If you are using the Champion leveling builds posted by pkudude then the rotations are pretty straightforward. First, always keep your four 1-hour buffs up (the buffs you get for putting points into the 3 souls - Champion, Warlord and Tempest). These do not persist through death so you need to re-apply if you die. Also note that there are several of these buffs in the Champion tree that don't stack with each other so you will need to choose which one you want to use, otherwise the ones from different trees stack.

At level 21 here are the basic rotations that I use for general solo questing. For pulling I will either Bull Rush to the mob, pull the mob to me with the Warlord grab skill (this is also good to use if you have a ranged add attacking you at the same time) or hit the mob with Shock Pulse and continue this as it is running to me. I then mark with Mark of Inevitability (i.e., during the Bull Rush). Once I am in melee range it is just a matter of spamming the single target (ST) macro listed above until 3 action points then use the ST finisher (Punishing Blow). Rinse/repeat until the mob is dead. By spamming the macro it will insure that Backhand is used after every block/parry/dodge and that Weapon Defense is always up on cooldown. If there are multiple mobs hitting you, spam macro 2 instead and use the ae finisher (Bladefury) when you have 3 action points. It's that simple really.

I hope that helps. When you get Weapon Defense at lvl 21 that really helps with survivability (particularly in rift closures, where I tended to die a lot before if I over-aggroed). It also helps to keep current with gear (armorsmithing your own gear is a good choice).

These are my macros at level 60, so just remove the abilities that you don't have yet and add them in as you get them:

Builder:

#show Mighty Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mighty Blow
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

Yup, that's it. No single target builder at 60. By then the Champion bonuses to the AE skills have simply overwhelmed its single-target skills to where the AE skills do more damage for lower power cost.

That said, while leveling and before this "flipover" the Single Target builder macro is:

#show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall (I use Paragon for 3rd soul at 60 instead of Tempest. YMMV)
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Power Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

For my Finisher macro:

#show Chains of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Bladefury

I do *not* use Proper Timing before CoD, becuz it only force-crits the 1st hit. I actually use it before Titan's Strike, since the Thunderous buff will be up then, so the force-crit on Titan's Strike is that much bigger.

Cornered Beast is a Builder, so it gets its own button and is never macroed.

Rotation is to pre-cast Weapon Defense, then Bull Rush in, hit the Mark of Inevitability while mid-charge to apply the Mired debuff to the mobs, spam builder to 3 points (Bull Rush gives 2, so it's usually only 1 hit . . . ), finisher, Cornered Beast, finisher, spam builder to 3, perfect timing, finisher, etc.

Of course, most things are dead after Cornered Beast finishes channeling, so.... yeah.

And of course, as you're leveling and don't have all of the skills, you adjust. Early days, you do exactly as Red Rover was saying.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the help guys!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by pkudude View Post
    These are my macros at level 60, so just remove the abilities that you don't have yet and add them in as you get them:

Builder:

#show Mighty Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mighty Blow
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

Yup, that's it. No single target builder at 60. By then the Champion bonuses to the AE skills have simply overwhelmed its single-target skills to where the AE skills do more damage for lower power cost.

That said, while leveling and before this "flipover" the Single Target builder macro is:

#show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall (I use Paragon for 3rd soul at 60 instead of Tempest. YMMV)
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Power Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

For my Finisher macro:

#show Chains of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Bladefury

I do *not* use Proper Timing before CoD, becuz it only force-crits the 1st hit. I actually use it before Titan's Strike, since the Thunderous buff will be up then, so the force-crit on Titan's Strike is that much bigger.

Rotation is to pre-cast Weapon Defense, then Bull Rush in, hit the Mark of Inevitability while mid-charge to apply the Mired debuff to the mobs, spam builder to 3 points (Bull Rush gives 2, so it's usually only 1 hit . . . ), finisher, Cornered Beast, finisher, spam builder to 3, perfect timing, finisher, etc.

Of course, most things are dead after Cornered Beast finishes channeling, so.... yeah.

And of course, as you're leveling and don't have all of the skills, you adjust. Early days, you do exactly as Red Rover was saying.
    i noticed you have Rising Waterfall , does that mean you have different soul spec rather than the one you original posted on this thread ? (41/35/0)

i noticed you have Rising Waterfall , does that mean you have different soul spec rather than the one you original posted on this thread ? (41/35/0)
    A bit later after the initial post, someone asked if this build was good for 1-50. I replied that it was not, and suggested that in those levels a Champion-focused build would be preferable. Recently this thread has picked up a bit of steam again and I was therefore asked what macros I would suggest for that "1-50 Champion Leveling Build." I posted those macros as well, so this thread is now dealing with 2 different builds for 2 different level ranges.

And in spite of that, these macros are still different than the build I suggested because I use paragon as my 3rd soul personally since I find the little bit of Tempest suggested to be a little bit clunky. It *is* more useful overall since it adds range to an otherwise pure melee build, but I just didn't like how it felt, so while I suggest it, I don't play it, if that makes sense But when I posted last night I was tired and so I just copy/pasted the existing macros and didn't clean them up, and since you can only edit for 5 minutes... there they are.

Soulwalker

If you don't play what suggest in the first post, might I ask what build and macros you do play?

Ive noticed /cast backhand being using in several macros in the lvl 50 and lvl 60 builds. However when I check the Soul trees for these backhand is not chosen. Should we drop another ability to get "backhand" or is it a nice to have ability?

Thanks for the build :P

Soulwalker

I just want to write a big thank you for posting this build, just reactivated and was fumbling my way, i will use this for 50-60 for sure

Quote Originally Posted by AkaGorT View Post
    Ive noticed /cast backhand being using in several macros in the lvl 50 and lvl 60 builds. However when I check the Soul trees for these backhand is not chosen. Should we drop another ability to get "backhand" or is it a nice to have ability?

Thanks for the build :P
    I believe it only used to be triggered if your attack got blocked/parried/dodged which basically never happens once you get some Hit. But now it activates on your own block/parry/dodge which happens a lot solo at least so it could be worth picking up. But like the other off GCD abilities it will run you out of power faster.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-24-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Builder:

#show Mighty Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mighty Blow
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

#show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Power Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

For my Finisher macro:

#show Chains of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Bladefury

when would i be able to use this? lvl 57? also, what is perfect timing

Shadowlander

also, what is perfect timing
    well it should be "proper timing". its skill from champion tree it makes your next phisical attack 100% crit.

Soulwalker

Builder:

#show Mighty Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mighty Blow
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

#show Disruptive Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Disruptive Strike
    cast Power Strike
    cast Backhand
    cast Weapon Defense

For my Finisher macro:

#show Chains of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Chains of Death
    cast Thunderous Strike
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Bladefury

These macros suggest a build that has at least 54 points into champion instead of being warlord heavy like the builds in the original post. Can you please post the lvl 60 build u are using that has 54 champ at least to use these macros??

Quote Originally Posted by guyguyguy View Post
    These macros suggest a build that has at least 54 points into champion instead of being warlord heavy like the builds in the original post. Can you please post the lvl 60 build u are using that has 54 champ at least to use these macros??
    Looks like a 61Champ build to me.

Due to all the confusion from there being both a Champion build and the "Perfect Solo" build both being discussed in this thread, I've made a new thread compiling both builds and links to the posts showing their macros here.

I hope it clears everything up.

Soulwalker

Iam using this build now, Iam lvl 49, but i quest in sl starting zone, and after few second i powerstarv, i see this as big problem due to the massive ho pool of sl mobs.
    Any suggestions/improvement is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast