+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [2.2][PvE][DPS] 61 Paragon

Default [2.2][PvE][DPS] 61 Paragon

There are, and will be, many different approaches to playing Paragon, each with their own small nuances. This guide is simply my spin on 61 Paragon, more specifically the macro's I use to play it.

First, the build: 61 Paragon / 10 Riftblade / 5 Tempest

Macro 1
    Code:
    #show Strike Like Iron
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike Like Iron
    cast [alt] Sweeping Blades
    cast Open the Stream
    cast Setting Moon
    cast Shock Pulse
    Macro 2
    Code:
    #show Shifting Blades
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Flamespear
    cast Shock Pulse
    Macro 3
    Code:
    #show Shock Pulse
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Shock Pulse
    Macro 4
    Code:
    #show Swift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Reaping Harvest
    cast Death Touch
    cast Swift Strike
    cast Shock Pulse
    Macro 5
    Code:
    #show Combat Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] Flurry
    cast Combat Focus
    cast Reaping Harvest
    Macro 6
    Code:
    #show Strike Like Iron
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike Like Iron
    cast Skyfall
    Keybinds:
    1. <empty>
    2. Macro 1 (Nostromo 06)
    3. Macro 2 (Nostromo 07)
    4. Macro 3 (Nostromo 08)
    5. Macro 4 (Nostromo 09)
    6. Shock Pulse (Nostromo 10)
    7. <empty>
    8. Skyfall (Nostromo 02)
    9. Shock Pulse (Nostromo 03)
    10. Offensive Blast (Nostromo 04)
    11. <empty>
    12. Macro 5 (Naga 11)

If it isn't obvious from that list, I use a Razer Naga and a Razer Nostromo. I can go into greater detail about how I map things to those devices in a future post if anyone likes.

Typical Starting Rotation:
    • (3 ap banked using CF when approaching/rezzed)
    • (Tank starts counting down)
    • Use Token of Stolen Souls
    • Swap to Conquest Master's Vengeance
    • Re-apply Storm Blade
    • Sprint
    • (Tank hits 1/done/engages)
    • Shock Pulse (before SLI, to get Amped up before your 1st rotation)

Rotation:
    • Macro 1 - SLI (spam this during the GCD)
    • Macro 1 - x2 = 3 AP
    • Macro 2 - Shifting Blades (spam this during the GCD)
    • Macro 2 - x2 = 3 AP
    • Macro 2 - til Reaping
    • Macro 5 - x2 (When CF is available)
    • Macro 3 - x2 = 3 AP
    • Macro 3 - til Reaping
    • Macro 4 - x2 = 3 AP
    • Macro 4 - Reaping
    • Macro 4 - x2 = 3 AP (be careful not to blow another finisher, although with longer duration on SLI you are probably safe to do so)

Note: Flurry if you energy starve. Or, Flurry during a "chase phase", like initial engagement on Kain p2, or when running circles rounding up crystals on Matriarch, etc

There is no viable AoE rotation for long term use. Any AoE in this spec is going to be very weak/limited. You can conceivably use Sweeping Blades and/or Offensive Blast to come up with some sparse AoE DPS, but it's not really this spec's forte`.

If you disconnect for anything greater than a second, use Shock Pulse x3 and Macro 6 until you reconnect.

Disclaimer: This is a 1st draft, unedited. I may have small errors or typos. If I find those I'll fix them.

DPS: I'm parsing north of 13k regularly at the dummy with this spec/rotation with 0 consumables using Para 4-piece raid gear/crystal at 479 CP, DW'ing crafted 1h and Necroscalpel... that is until I energy starve. I recommend parsing with Fervor/Clover or using Flurry to offset your energy loss at the tail end of any rotation where DT is on cooldown.

I recommend Karuul Alerts for:
    • SLI cooldown/available
    • SB cooldown/available
    • CF cooldown/available
    • Amped missing
    • DT cooldown/available

Final note... this is ultimately a 4 button rotation for Paragon with alternates for RDPS when disconnected, and 1 cooldown to manage on a separate key. The rotation could likely be minmaxed and extended further, netting a small gain in DPS but that's not what this thread is about. Others will undoubtedly post super long rotations that eek out a tad more and I welcome them to do so ;)
    Last edited by Wylt; 02-06-2013 at 04:15 PM.

was thinking of a rotation similar to what pines had with para/champ/rb:

(SLI) - SM - OtS - SB
    FS - RW - RH (CF - RH)
    SP - RW - RH
    DT - RW - RH
    SS - RW - SLI

SM - OtS - SB
    FS - RW - RH
    SP - RW - RH
    SS - RW - RH
    SS - RW - SLI

except swap out savage sweep with shock pulse, and like yours just spam shock pulse till you get in melee range of the boss. don't have a razer, but i got a logitech g500 and g110 keyboard on its way from newegg.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Ascendant

Im using a similar build, but instead i put 5 points into champ and 10 in rb. No consumables i parsed up to 12.7k before i got energy starved. Using the 3pc calliope crystal bonus dont have 4 pc yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Im using a similar build, but instead i put 5 points into champ and 10 in rb. No consumables i parsed up to 12.7k before i got energy starved. Using the 3pc calliope crystal bonus dont have 4 pc yet
    I couldn't get Champ/RB version to parse as high as this version. This also affords dps while disconnected, which the Champ/RB version will have limited access to ( 1 spear ). All in all I think Para/Temp will come out on top in raids. Just my opinion, at the moment.

As of right now I'm hitting between 13.2k and 13.4k before I energy starve, and I'm doing so rather consistently. It'll be interesting to see how this works in raids ;)

Shadowlander

Just a heads up macro 3 has it showing savage sweep. Nice guide again though wykkyd.
    Last edited by Proth; 02-06-2013 at 02:57 PM.

4/4 TDQ(Conq),4/4 FT(Conq),5/5 EE(Conq),4/4 Hard Modes, 4/4 GA

Ahh so it does. Thanks

Having a hard time parsing over 12.7 or 12.8k, can't figure it out.
    what is this I don't even

Ascendant

How does the DPS compare to 61 Temp or 61RB?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

I dunno if it's just me but it seems that a tick of SB is falling off for no reason sometimes when I parse this. I'll check it out more later to confirm but wanted to get more eyes on it to see.

And btw Wlyt I was doing 17k with this same spec and rotation on pts using my current live gear. I'm curious what's it's gonna pull with raid CDs and what not though because it seems we were undertuned a bit.
    Last edited by Killian26; 02-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the guide . Do mind posting a parse breakdown plz . Having trouble breaking 12.5k dps

Appreciate the guide but I feel like I need a cereal box decoder ring to make sense of all these macros. I don't really need them just looking for the flat rotation. I used your same point-spread though.

I was getting 13.5k at best with the following. It's the only Para variation I can solo parse because you require the energy refund from RB tree to do anything more than 50 seconds. Champion might do slightly more but only because you can apply your own armor debuff?

---(OtSteam>SMoon>SLI)
    Spulse>RW>SBlades
    DTouch/SS>RW>RHarvest
    FSpear>RW>RHarvest
    DTouch/SS>RW>RHarvest
    OtSteam>SMoon>SLI

*Not accounting for Final Blessing, Combat Focus tricks or "Starting Rotation" antics. I want to first determine the mid-rotation that will comprise of 96%-0% of boss encounters.

Also for ranged, do we want to just Spulsex2 to keep up with the same pace of the finishers, SLI and SBlades? Or do we want to spam Spulse 3x? If we are dancing In and Out of range I should think we would want to hold the beat at 2 Spulses to correctly weave melee and ranged rotations together in pattern with the finishers but definitely not sure.

http://teamvirus.enjin.com/home / Old pals add me for the new cross-realm ques!

Soulwalker

Re: The ranged finisher in Macro 6.

Icy Burst is a dps gain in pure ranged over Skyfall. It's really hard to parse, however, since Icy Burst is energy starved after 20 seconds and Skyfall lasts for a minute before energy starvation.

With this spec already being hard on energy it's probably not worth it.

The "ranged" portion of the guide above is for use during very small disconnects, not long term. If you disconnect 1 time for 1 finisher over the course of an entire fight, Icy Burst's small dps gain wouldn't be noticable. There is also the point that using Skyfall maintains rotational timing, making it easier to resume melee rotation once you re-engage.

Uses I had in mind, and used, are: Matriarch running a bubble, that kind of thing. Sprint out, spin, dps while it drops off, run back while still dps'ing, Thread the Trees as soon as you're in range, land with a finisher, glance at your KAlert's and resume your rotation as needed.

^ using that trick I was able to keep my DPS within ~500 of where I had to run out by the time I got back... IE: barely a drop. Whereas if you do not use a spec that can do this, your dps plummets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    I couldn't get Champ/RB version to parse as high as this version. This also affords dps while disconnected, which the Champ/RB version will have limited access to ( 1 spear ). All in all I think Para/Temp will come out on top in raids. Just my opinion, at the moment.

As of right now I'm hitting between 13.2k and 13.4k before I energy starve, and I'm doing so rather consistently. It'll be interesting to see how this works in raids ;)
    try 8rb/7champ btw if u can (drop synergy add sweep). it comes ahead from temp version. high starvation(~2min with fervor), dunno how will work on raid. Or maybe 9rb (1point synergy)/ 6 champ
    Last edited by seppy; 02-08-2013 at 07:33 AM.

cant get rotation to work have no idea what to do when the 3ap in macro5 is under CD i just continue with macro 3-4 then rest of rtoation is the rotation you do

but i can only get around 8-10k

and i have
    2622 ap
    2026 crift
    536 critpower
    empyereal hero greatsword 2h **** for 722 iss
    and the ridrunner blue trinket soon epic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast