+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thag

Thread: For The Lazy Warrior - ST Solo / Lazy Raiding

Plane Walker

Default For The Lazy Warrior - ST Solo / Lazy Raiding

Hey you guys. Today I was so bored of my usual solo specs; 41/35 and 61 Champ so I decided to cook up something new. I was inspired by this little gem here "http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/classes-telara/class-guides/warrior-guides/341524-pve-dps-2-0-41wl-35para.html"

So without further dudes, the specs:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...x.VxxchI0d.-11 - Solo-oriented variant
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...VxxchI0dbc.-11 - Raiding variant

And the beauty: Three buttons. Here are the macros:

Variant 1 Builder
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Variant 2 Builder
    #show Empowering Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blessing
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast King of the Hill
    cast Piercing Thrust
    cast A Quick Death
    cast Empowering Strike

Finisher
    #show Killing Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast Killing Field
    cast Breaking Blow

So...yeah. I mean this spec doesn't require a genius to neither make nor comprehend. You can pretty much call it an Elementalist spec for Warriors. I don't know if you'd actually want to raid with it, but I'd recommend the second variant as it includes Final Blessing. For solo purposes and such you get more out of 10% Strength + Soldier's Bearing, but if you got something that has a lot of hp, Final Blessing and extra CP will trump those.

Before you say anything, the reason I decided to bring this spec up is that it actually does somewhat good on the dummy. I was able to get a 11k parse which spiked 12k at start, of course with Living Energy. My stats: Edge of Torment + Crafted Sword, 4595 AP, 2180 PC, 538 CP, WL Crystal 3pc. I get 13.5k or so with the good old 51/23/2 so for such a lazy playstyle I'd say that 2k dps is a pretty darn good bargain. But yes...raid with this spec at your own risk.

Rotation is pretty self-explanatory, as follows:

Spam builder macro till 3 AP -> Finisher

That's it. You can macro your charges (You can have up to three, depending if you'd want to take the charge in WL tree.) so you can move around faster. You have some little gems like Recovery Posture which'll net you a 200 hps under constant duress. You also have No Permission to Die so you can slack more and not move out of derp every minute. You can also use Shifting Blades as a finisher when you need to AoE (Otherwise you have close to none, as per the usual Paragon specs) but I wouldn't as it's very measly and it's pretty much a ST dps loss. Enjoy!

PS: I parsed in my dimension on a solo dummy so no Killing Field padding.

RIFT Guide Writer

Whats it like for AoE? Interesting proposition but, I know someone whos not feeling warrior atm as he wants more ST DPS in solo.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Whats it like for AoE? Interesting proposition but, I know someone whos not feeling warrior atm as he wants more ST DPS in solo.
    It has no AoE capabilities other than Killing Field and Shifting Blades, both won't kill anything. But I guess you can pull like four and focusfire down one after another...it wouldn't be too hard as your attacks are mostly 10-15k crits. But yeah if you want AoE grindage, 41/35 is unparalelled. This is more for lazy/bored warriors or those who are grinding onslaughts or something - it's a ***** to kill onslaught mobs one each when you can't gather.

Rift Disciple

doesnt it cause macro lags to macro follow up attacks?

from a raiding perspective wouldnt be 0 tempest for shockpulse suitable for when you cant charge a target?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming View Post
    doesnt it cause macro lags to macro follow up attacks?

from a raiding perspective wouldnt be 0 tempest for shockpulse suitable for when you cant charge a target?
    I had absolutely zero input lag with those macros - I know I was surprised too! - and I do agree on 0pt Tempest yet I think that if you do want disconnect utility, you'd have to go 2 points into Temp. for Skyfall as you don't have bursts like RB, which'd lose points from CP talent...but honestly this spec sounds a lot better when you treat it like a 61 Paragon spec which you can play with three buttons only and just that!
    Last edited by Thag; 01-21-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Plane Walker

Goddamnit, I always do this. I always forget an integral piece -.-

In case you guys haven't noticed it already - since it's such a duuuh thing - you also have to keep up Battle Surge. So the rotation includes keeping up Battle Surge.

Sorry :<

Plane Touched

I bet the RB/void knight still does better damage in raids than any warlord, and that's only 2 buttons for ultra-lazy mode.

And I almost wrote "void knife", that would've been a funny typo.
    Quack?

Plane Walker

Also guys, since I don't PvP ever (Do people still do Warfronts even?), I got no idea about the PvP viability of such a spec. If some avid PvPers can test it and maybe some variants, and give feedback in the thread, would be really great Thanks y'all!

Soulwalker

I tried this spect for PVP and its outstanding really good Hp and the burst dmg really impressive, you cant die at all ;)

+ Reply to Thread