+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ragestorm is Back and upgraded! voidstorm

Ascendant

Default Ragestorm is Back and upgraded! voidstorm

Miss the old school rage storm spec from back in the day...try this out, brings back memories *sniffle*

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7...49kGiyBl9h0/Vq

save proper timing for when you have 10 pacts and hit a devouring blow

use your marks to keep up mired

keep those healers silenced, fear those ranged dps

use ragestorm and voidstorm!

have fun lads!
    Last edited by kaspurtz; 01-16-2013 at 08:10 PM.

King of RIFT

Voidstorm does seem pretty fierce, and Ragestorm's no slouch with DF proccing on it either. Sounds like this could be a blast for tanky spec.

Thanks, Kaspurtz. Will definitely give it a whirl.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Voidstorm does seem pretty fierce, and Ragestorm's no slouch with DF proccing on it either. Sounds like this could be a blast for tanky spec.

Thanks, Kaspurtz. Will definitely give it a whirl.
    ill try some other variations of this spec too, probably a spec with more champion for the thunderous strike buff.

King of RIFT

VK builds should die in a fire. Then be shot. Then drawn and quartered.
    They are fing annoying.
    Nope.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    VK builds should die in a fire. Then be shot. Then drawn and quartered.
    They are fing annoying.
    I hope you mean these hybrid VK builds like the now-deceased RB/VK, and not VK as a tanking spec. I love VK just think the absorbs are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    ill try some other variations of this spec too, probably a spec with more champion for the thunderous strike buff.
    This is pretty close to my current solo and tank spec, although you'd want to at least put 32 in champion to get juggernaught's bearing and cornered beef. Use the latter after Tempest/Void Storm to get 10 charges of JB on boss fights etc.

I also dropped a further 5 points out of RK into Warlord to get recovery posture and increased AP for soloing, but then you'd lose the aoe silence but gain a lot of passive healing with on aoe pulls....

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...iA90/4ra5ai2F2

I run this over the current 41/35/0 warlord/champ solo spec and also get by in dungeons as long as my healer doesn't run off like a girl cause I only have 40k health.

RIFT Guide Writer

Silence on int and spell sunder are pretty important parts of a lets annoy the caster build. You really need to stop their flow in every way possible.

On the other hand energy retention is probably less important.

Accord of shifting is great too to stop people running away as easily, the STR gives you more DPS on paper, but I think Shifting gives you less disconnect so would be more DPS in reality.

I don't think this compromises any of your aims too much and gives you a few more tools:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...iA90/49gFl8lia

Or for more magic resistance and less armor:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8...A90/49hkIF2Ghg

Very interesting build I'm tempted to try, but with one of those those slight adjustments.

You're losing a lot of armor and resist but having so many point in none tank trees, wouldn't be tanking instances without very good gear in it. I tried a very similar build once and just melted. Heh.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4080208

Never even considered its PVP or solo potential.
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 01-17-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

RIFT Guide Writer
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

I'd dump the points from Power Leech to get more range on the summons, as pulling people into the kill zone is still our best weapon, and pacts come fast and furious with engorge.

This could be a nice build for CQ disruption as you burn CDs to get deep in the backfield of enemy healers and unleash a fear bomb and/or shock burst, but don't expect to get back to your team alive unless FoF is up.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I'd dump the points from Power Leech to get more range on the summons, as pulling people into the kill zone is still our best weapon, and pacts come fast and furious with engorge.

This could be a nice build for CQ disruption as you burn CDs to get deep in the backfield of enemy healers and unleash a fear bomb and/or shock burst, but don't expect to get back to your team alive unless FoF is up.
    I did something like this last night in CQ, it's good for doing the melee warrior's job there (ie, messing up the other team): Void Summon as always (any melee pvp warrior build without a group pull isn't worth it for me), plus the Fear bomb and the AoE silence - all really good for getting people running.

Doesn't seem (to my limited testing, at least) to have the dps of the VK/RB I was using and loses the aoe stun of fork+windspear, but it's much less power starved and better AoE. But really, it's all about the control: 2 pulls (one aoe), 2 silences (one aoe) and the fear bomb.

+ Reply to Thread