+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Steelwind's TempestBlade 51RB 20Tempest 5Para

Default Steelwind's TempestBlade 51RB 20Tempest 5Para

There is a new Tempest Blade guide. Please refer to this link

It is still 10% behind 61 pure builds.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 02-25-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

My weapons

Brutal Sword of Twisted Souls main hand 235dps
    Necroscalpel off hand 211dps
    Last edited by Steelwind; 01-15-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    I present you TempestBlade, a build that parses the same as 51RB 23CH 2Tempest on the Raid Dummy and you may spec into an optional range interrupt.

My stats self buffed no stones or vials: 2757AP 1979crit 315crit power

Parse
    I like the creativity, but if you're parsing under 11k in 51/23/2 with those weapons, you are doing something horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack0603 View Post
    I like the creativity, but if you're parsing under 11k in 51/23/2 with those weapons, you are doing something horribly wrong.
    Then provide real feedback, try it out and if you find a better rotation put it up. I honestly cannot wait to try it out it looks like a fun build which is what most other builds lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack0603 View Post
    I would say with my gear, stats and crit power I am parsing exactly where I should be at around 11k with 51/23/2. But that's besides the point.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 01-15-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks Steel, will try. I do have a stupid question tho'. Why are we putting 2 points in Downpour when we never use Riftstorm in the rotation? I know you need 2 points to get to 51 for Avatar of the Rift. I was thinking until we have an interupt either Elemental Caress (to lower threat) or Burning Blood for a tad more dps.

Thanks again.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Thanks Steel, will try. I do have a stupid question tho'. Why are we putting 2 points in Downpour when we never use Riftstorm in the rotation? I know you need 2 points to get to 51 for Avatar of the Rift. I was thinking until we have an interupt either Elemental Caress (to lower threat) or Burning Blood for a tad more dps.

Thanks again.
    Absolutely shift the points around. I find that in FT and EE I need AoE in different places such as trash and Boss encounter phase transitions. It really depends on your raid make up whether there is enough AoE. I've also never had an aggro issue even when I top the damage meters.

Rift Chaser

Thanks, Steel. This one looks like fun. I'll give it a whirl today.

I don't have two good one-handers so I'll use a 2-hander. Anyone ever bottom out on how the dps on one-handers combine? Is it 1.3*(MH +OH)/2?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by dpser View Post
    Thanks, Steel. This one looks like fun. I'll give it a whirl today.

I don't have two good one-handers so I'll use a 2-hander. Anyone ever bottom out on how the dps on one-handers combine? Is it 1.3*(MH +OH)/2?
    Nevermind on the DW v. 2-hander question - found the answer on another thread.

Champion of Telara

nice post
    I've actually been parsing with a very familiar spec the last few days trying to optimize it, so will gladly try your variation out

mine needed lots of work still lol. was trying to se e if charged pulse was worth it, on tool tip it kind of looks like it is but it kills the fluidity of the spec so much. also was trying the points in sky fall for the resistance piercing but that really didn't seem worth it when it meant losing an icy burst and scald combo
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    nice post
    I've actually been parsing with a very familiar spec the last few days trying to optimize it, so will gladly try your variation out

mine needed lots of work still lol. was trying to se e if charged pulse was worth it, on tool tip it kind of looks like it is but it kills the fluidity of the spec so much. also was trying the points in sky fall for the resistance piercing but that really didn't seem worth it when it meant losing an icy burst and scald combo
    That was how my build evolved. The first thing I tried was Charged Pulse and it killed the rotation. I see the thought process behind it. Trion didn't want us to use Charged Pulse unless you can spec into it to reduce the cd to 15s. It was actually a blessing in disguise because you don't have to use a stationary casting ability. No need to worry about Grounded. And Lightning Torrent in this build hits harder than 61 Tempest builds.

So real quick. It's actually better if you do not start the fight with 3AP (Fiery Burst) as my OP states. That way you can always guarantee that Fiery Burst is being buffed by Rift Strike. So the rotation should look like this.

Rift Strike, Flamespear, Shock Pulse, Fiery Burst
    Electricity Blast, Stonespear, Searing Strike, Icy Burst
    Lightning Torrent, Icy Burst

Rift Strike, Flamespear, Shock Pulse, Fiery Burst
    Electricity Blast, Frost Strike, Stonespear, Icy Burst
    Searing Strike x 3, Icy Burst
    repeat

Champion of Telara

personal preference for me I think would have me modify the build slightly
    drop synergy for wind spear, since you really don't teleport enough for synergy to be of use so might as well pack an aoe stun (when forked)

I'd probably also move a few points from long range training into the interrupt (just until rb gets one) and then into difficult target. tough trade off, but you keep the same damage bonus from difficult target as with long range training, but get some damage reduction instead of range.

tough call, but since its a predominately melee build the loss of a few yards of range shouldn't hurt to badly
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Default Clarifying 51/23/2

Getting alot of PMs about my thoughts on 51/23/2. I still like 51/23/2. It's still a great build to use. It's just that I find this build is giving us more flexibility with the same dps. It makes more sense.

For example, you can sacrifice a little dps (deduct points from Long Range Training) and pick up Distracting Pulse or Jolt for extra heals. Or you can sacrifice 1 point in Teaching of the Five Rings to pick up Storm Shield to stack with Stoneshield for absorbs. In 51/23/2 if you sacrifice even 1 point in Champ you lose 5% overall damage buff. This in comparison to 1% ranged buff is a no brainer which build offers more options. Even if you pick up all 3 optional utilities in Tempest tree you only lose 2% ranged buff, 3m range and 2% buff to builders...compared to losing 15% overall damage buff in Mired. You can't ask for anything more. Having options and sacrificing a little dps for utility I'm all for it. But being pigeon holed like you do in 51/23/2 no thanks.

Free yourselves lads. The glass is half full.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 01-15-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    personal preference for me I think would have me modify the build slightly
    drop synergy for wind spear, since you really don't teleport enough for synergy to be of use so might as well pack an aoe stun (when forked)

I'd probably also move a few points from long range training into the interrupt (just until rb gets one) and then into difficult target. tough trade off, but you keep the same damage bonus from difficult target as with long range training, but get some damage reduction instead of range.

tough call, but since its a predominately melee build the loss of a few yards of range shouldn't hurt to badly
    Really great call on Difficult Target. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast