+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beast Master 10k Spec

Ogo
    Soulwalker

Default Beast Master 10k Spec

I know a lot of you maybe be skeptical but, I promise just try this spec.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#3k0A/5raGFklaGGGg/2

And here are the Macros I use
    MACRO 1
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Fierce Strike
    petattack

MACRO 2

cast Flesh Rip
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Cutting Slash
    petattack

MACRO 3

cast Flesh Rip
    cast Vicious Opportunity
    cast Messy Wounds
    cast Twin Cuts
    cast Cunning Ruse
    cast Primal Lucidity
    cast Vicious Blow
    petattack

So keep up Cutting Slash, Fierce Strike, Tearing Slash and Spotter's Call at all times.
    Use Macro 3 When all dots are up and use Brutal Strike when Tearing Slash is up.
    When all your dots are up, Twin Cuts and Cunning Ruse are buffed use Enrage to max your damage.

The rotation is very dot related so you are going to have to watch them.

Now I am not claiming this is the best Spec however, it has the easiest rotation that creates the dps I want

Please if you have Suggestions to increase the damage feel free to post.

DPS isn't accurate as you're using many raid wide abilities... Meaning, you're getting 10k with raid buffs. Which means you'd be lucky to get 11 in raids.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

I was thinking of getting something that wouldnt interfere with an archon or a bard in a raid, and would be something along the lines of a dps with some cooldowns. Not sure of how useful It'd be, but maybe something like this. Not too sure about 2 points in tempest though, it was mainly done to get some ranged. I got too energy starved, but this parsed for about 10k or so + 2k from the pet.
    Last edited by Plaza; 01-11-2013 at 01:55 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/vIw2WpW.jpg

As for the official poster, I'd at the very least change 0 RB to 0 tempest for disconnects,

For Plaza - you shouldnt really run Archon AND BM in the same raid anyway so cutting down on the 54 and 58 BM abilities (they dont interfere with bard) is a raid dps loss, which is your main priority as support, not pumping up high numbers for yourself. 2 points in tempest is always useful to keep the finishers up at longer disconnects.

I'm not exactly certain as im at work, but RB burst finishers should trigger the buffs as well right? I'm trying a spec 58 BM / 10 Champ / 8 RB that seemed rather all around support with decent dps and ranged, havent really had a chance to test it in a raid yet though. Dot management is slightly more complicated I suppose but should be able to work out a decent rotation

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    DPS isn't accurate as you're using many raid wide abilities... Meaning, you're getting 10k with raid buffs. Which means you'd be lucky to get 11 in raids.
    Considering this could replace an archon? (58 BM) I think 10-11k DPS isn't too shabby.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

10k on a dummy isnt 10k on a raid boss, BM is mainly melee and it tends to be a problem for most fights, you'll most likely get away with 7-8k at most, which I guess is still more than what I've seen most archons pull.

Had a quick play with this build this morning before work, but perhaps doing something wrong with my rotation as such, was only pulling about 7-8k on the dummy as well as being massively power starved pretty much permanently.

Any tips on a proper rotation to be able to pull this 10k please?
    Mortelugo - Mortified - Mortification - Morteria - Morterion | Immortal Tyrants @ Gelidra EU

Shadowlander

In my point of view 48 bm is much more valuable. This spec would look like this
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7kk8wg/5raFhhkFiyg/3
    You get the enrage ability, which is the only realy usefull unique ability of that tree (but still broken).
    For everything else you got bard and archont (For example you wont miss lava field of archont or Burning Purpose)
    Going into Champ give you one really nice bleed and the Mired buff. With this spec you are pulling nice dps, but still having problems with longer disconnecs, coz you mostly lose your bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by GusTheBus View Post
    As for the official poster, I'd at the very least change 0 RB to 0 tempest for disconnects,

For Plaza - you shouldnt really run Archon AND BM in the same raid anyway so cutting down on the 54 and 58 BM abilities (they dont interfere with bard) is a raid dps loss, which is your main priority as support, not pumping up high numbers for yourself. 2 points in tempest is always useful to keep the finishers up at longer disconnects.
    I agree that you shouldnt IF you're aiming BM to be a full support. My intention, however was to make it a decent DPS with BM cooldowns. Anything above 48 is not unique to BM and is not a damage increase and is mostly gimmicky stuff in the tree (Brotherhood, Loyality, Summon Companion Faster, OoC run speed) except for the 61 point ability. Besides BM is already obsolete due to it having to run into melee to use Primal Lucidity (cast time buff). Without it, your mages will notice the difference.

Also, I had the point spread wrong, here is a proper one

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaKilla View Post
    In my point of view 48 bm is much more valuable. This spec would look like this
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7kk8wg/5raFhhkFiyg/3
    You get the enrage ability, which is the only realy usefull unique ability of that tree (but still broken).
    For everything else you got bard and archont (For example you wont miss lava field of archont or Burning Purpose)
    Going into Champ give you one really nice bleed and the Mired buff. With this spec you are pulling nice dps, but still having problems with longer disconnecs, coz you mostly lose your bleeds.
    This was pretty much my intention. Except, use points in Intense Training to get 3% more phys damage and take points out of Deadly Strikes.
    Last edited by Plaza; 01-11-2013 at 04:21 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/vIw2WpW.jpg

I suppose having the calls can be useful for progressing through sticky situations, as long as the damage wont be slacking too far behind, i'm still stuck at ~8k with disconnects on 58BM, though the gear could be better

How about something like this... the primal heal could possibly build your own pacts?? Probably rubbish but worth a try haha

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7...EEGkFh8/4n4a2g
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

Unless you can get the 58 point root ability Call of the Forest then surely you'd just want to use an Archon? Pretty sure thats why any true BM support spec would go 58 no more no less.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

Quote Originally Posted by Talking The Hardest View Post
    Unless you can get the 58 point root ability Call of the Forest then surely you'd just want to use an Archon? Pretty sure thats why any true BM support spec would go 58 no more no less.
    Well the idea is a DPS spec that also has the benefit of some raid buffs. Im not sure if there is a debuff after Flaring Power preventing it, but would be great if you could use Command to Attack while Flaring is on cooldown.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

well i beleive his purpose was to get a spec that goes alongside bard and archon (meaning you dont need the 58 ability), just for the Commands and Enrage. It could possibly work, 25% hp increase is rather good for aoe heavy phases. If your damage is only ~2k behind the normal warr dps then you should be able to remotely make up for that with enrage and command to attack. But then again this is all theorycraft for me so far. Still stuck at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Havors View Post
    How about something like this... the primal heal could possibly build your own pacts?? Probably rubbish but worth a try haha

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7...EEGkFh8/4n4a2g
    I don't know if the 24 VK is pulling any dps since hotfix, especially with BM mostly relying on dots you could barely get any reckless strikes in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast