+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ye Olde 51 RB-23 CH-2 Temp

Plane Walker

Default Ye Olde 51 RB-23 CH-2 Temp

Note: I'm not taking credit for this spec, credits belong to whom they are due. Just resummarizing the 23 CH spec for peeps respeccing from 24 VK

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....E00f0Vc.b.-11

Macros:

Builder 1
    #show Rift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Stonespear
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

Builder 2
    #show Flamespear
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flamespear
    cast Shock Pulse

Finisher
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst

Heavy Lag Finisher
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Reckless Strike
    cast Stonespear
    cast Shock Pulse

Try to start with 3 AP

Rotation:
    Mark > Builder 1 > Frost Strike > Flamespear > Shock Pulse > Finisher (Heavy Lag finisher depending on lag, just tap it quick)

Builder 1 x3 > Finisher, till Rift Strike is off CD, then you reinitiate the above.

Keep the Mark up for Mired, don't forget to Fork-Spear on multiple targets. Keep Amped up

Note - Why Amped?

You could be thinking of dropping the last two points in Tempest into Intense Training for Crit Power, but be mindful that the Champion calling Gift is 0.75% ST damage every point whereas it's 1% in Tempest. If you still want to go for it, I dunno, do it I guess. Why do I care anyway! This is just what I do.

Please correct anything I've listed as false, and thank you for reading!

Plane Walker

Aw I knew I was gonna fudge it up. The initial rotation should be:

Mark > Builder 1 > Frost Strike > Flamespear > Finisher (Heavy Lag finisher depending on lag, just tap it quick) > Shock Pulse

Sorry!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thag View Post
    Heavy Lag Finisher
    #show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Reckless Strike
    cast Stonespear
    cast Shock Pulse
    reckless strike? may want to change that

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    reckless strike? may want to change that
    Aw yeah sorry again I must have linked my 24 VK finisher macro; it should be:

#show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Stonespear
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

It's just that I wanted to whip something out quick; a couple of warr friends were asking around too, so. Sloppy work is sloppy :<

Thanks

10 characters

I'm not sure if you were aware, but there's already a thread with this build here.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Plane Walker

Used this spec last night and was pleased with its performance in relation to the VKs.
    Koz

Rift Disciple

And here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4032152

I actually really like the rotation in the linked post better. Was hitting 14k on twins last night(not sustained) and I'm in no way our top DPS war.
    Last edited by JodoMcFatty; 01-10-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by JodoMcFatty View Post
    And here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4032152

I actually really like the rotation in the linked post better. Was hitting 14k on twins last night(not sustained) and I'm in no way our top DPS war.
    The rotations are exactly the same other than the linked guide uses Flamespear before Frost Strike. Other than macroing different things differently, of course. Also my macros allow there to be a "heavy lag finisher" macro, but I wasn't after a pissing contest with any other guide when I conjured this up; wanted to make a mere "23 CH for dummies" guide for working EU Warriors who need a new spec before they go raiding tonight

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I'm not sure if you were aware, but there's already a thread with this build here.
    Yes but this thread pretty much is a mirror and a get-go guide for those who don't want to dig through Riftblade discussion (Which they should, but anyway).
    Last edited by Thag; 01-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Try to weave in Rift Storm as a finisher whenever you can as well. Helps the flow of the rotation with how things come off cd in RB now.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Try to weave in Rift Storm as a finisher whenever you can as well. Helps the flow of the rotation with how things come off cd in RB now.
    Rift Storm does not grant Enhanced Burst, which increases the damage of your builders by 20%. I'd avoid using it altogether.

Plus you'd be missing out on an Icy Burst + Scald - I am assuming you aren't using Rift Storm in Fiery Burst's stead. Either way it's a no-no.
    Last edited by Thag; 01-10-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thag View Post
    Rift Storm does not grant Enhanced Burst, which increases the damage of your builders by 20%. I'd avoid using it altogether.

Plus you'd be missing out on an Icy Burst + Scald - I am assuming you aren't using Rift Storm in Fiery Burst's stead. Either way it's a no-no.

Like he said rift storm doesnt grant enhanced burst. initially you could take the 2 points out of elemental caress and put it in windspear, stoneshield or rift barrage. If you're pulling aggro off your tank with this spec you have bigger issues, plus CC is always nice.
    Last edited by istrikeanywhere; 01-10-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Rift Storm is a dps loss in ST though.

edit: Derp nevermind, you've replied earlier. I should like, refresh before posting :<
    Last edited by Plaza; 01-10-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/vIw2WpW.jpg

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza View Post
    Rift Storm is a dps loss in ST though.

edit: Derp nevermind, you've replied earlier. I should like, refresh before posting :<
    Shut up Plaza, you don't get to speak in my threads!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    Like he said rift storm doesnt grant enhanced burst. initially you could take the 2 points out of elemental caress and put it in windspear, stoneshield or rift barrage. If you're pulling aggro off your tank with this spec you have bigger issues, plus CC is always nice.
    Also while you don't "need" Elemental Caress per se, it ensures that you won't be the next one to go boom after a slip-up & MT death. Sure, someone else would die, but it wouldn't be you!
    Last edited by Thag; 01-10-2013 at 11:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast