+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged RB Build

Soulwalker

Default Ranged RB Build

This is a build made for those who don't want to use a purely ranged dps spec but want the option to go ranged mid fight. The macros were borrowed from earlier 51RB builds. Any feedback is welcome since I am not much of a theory crafter just a guy who like's to smash stuff with a big ol' hammer :-)

The Rift Bastard

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0qRMrbs.xc.-11

51RB-St-Bd1

#show Rift Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Flamespear
    cast Frost Strike

51RB-St-Bd2

#show Stonespear
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Stonespear
    cast Searing Strike
    cast shock pulse

51RB-St-Fin

#show Fiery Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Rift Strike
    cast Stonespear
    cast Searing Strike
    cast Shock Pulse

51RB-AoE-Bd

#show Thunder Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Stonespear
    cast Thunder Strike

51RB-AoE-Fin

#show Storm Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm Burst
    cast Earth Burst
    cast Fiery Burst
    cast Icy Burst
    cast Thunder Strike

51RB-Charge

#show thread the trees
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast thread the trees
    cast riftwalk

Melee ST Rotation

||: Bd1(3) > St-Fin(1) > Shock Pulse(1) > Bd2(2) > St-Fin(2) > Bd2(2) > St-Fin (1) :||

Melee Aoe Rotation

Fork > ||: Aoe-Bd(3) > Rift Storm > Aoe-Bd(3) > Aoe-Fin(2) :||

Ranged Aoe Rotation

Fork > Aoe-Bd(1) > Offensive Blast(2) > AoE-Fin(1) > ||: Offensive Blast(3) > Aoe-Fin(1) :|| (3)

2080 AP
    1452 Crit
    132 CP
    2H, Spectral Hand trinket

I typically parse around or just under 10k melee on the expert boss dummy and around 8k ranged and the ranged AoE is really pretty decent.

What is the point of the points in Paragon? If you wanted a "true" hybrid melee/ranged build I would just put the points in to Temp.

51RB/Champ/Temp is already pretty good at ranged for a rotation or two, with Shock Pulse from temp, and Flamespear/Stonespear you can handle disconnects pretty well. You will have to keep Rift Strike up if you want to keep your dps from diving to far.

Or you could just melee and go RB/VK ;)
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 12-26-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Well I see your point. Para I went into mostly to gain the str buff and 15% crit mostly because I dont like seeing my crit be only 14%. I will try what you suggest and see how it stacks up

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva3x0 View Post
    Or you could just melee and go RB/VK ;)
    I have tried searching for it but without result.

Whats this RB/VK thing people speak of lately?

Champion of Telara

its a spec that requires you to be at full pacts to be effective, so pretty much only good in raids. I'm not a fan of it since its impossible to parse with alone and seems bugged. ill stick with my 54rb 22 para spec for a good solid all around builds with an interrupt, or the other specs when needed instead
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Khyrandia View Post
    I have tried searching for it but without result.

Whats this RB/VK thing people speak of lately?
    51RB/24VK with 1 point to put either in Paragon, Temp(probably not), or VK...or anywhere I guess.

The rotation is almost the same as your standard 51RB, just replace Searing Strike with Reckless. Once you are at 10pacts you can ignore everything but Rift Strike and Reckless really, and of course FB/IB(Scald). For me this build is ahead of Para/BM, and RB/Champ in terms of dps. And considering how easy the rotation is at 10pacts its obviously not intended.

I personally do not like the way it plays, but you can not deny the dps when you are standing still at 10pacts. RB/Champ, is still my preferred RB variation. And I'm sure Accord of Power and Destructive Forces will be either nerfed or put deeper in the VK tree at some point in the near future.
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 12-27-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

If you want a hybrid RB spec that can do ranged, go for 54RB/22Tempest.

Put points in Tempest so that your blasts hit 5 targets, and you can single-target and aoe from melee or range.

It isn't going to break any records on the parses, but it is within about 5-10% of non-VK RB on single target... and with 54 RB, the AoE is pretty insane.
    Shermanator@Greybriar | 4/4(c) - 3/3 - 5/5 | R90 | Ten Inches Unbuffed

51RB/24VK with 1 point to put either in Paragon, Temp(probably not), or VK...or anywhere I guess.

The rotation is almost the same as your standard 51RB, just replace Searing Strike with Reckless. Once you are at 10pacts you can ignore everything but Rift Strike and Reckless really, and of course FB/IB(Scald). For me this build is ahead of Para/BM, and RB/Champ in terms of dps. And considering how easy the rotation is at 10pacts its obviously not intended.

I personally do not like the way it plays, but you can not deny the dps when you are standing still at 10pacts. RB/Champ, is still my preferred RB variation. And I'm sure Accord of Power and Destructive Forces will be either nerfed or put deeper in the VK tree at some point in the near future.
    AoP doesn't need to move because it doesn't make the spec what it is, it's just a nice bonus. Destructive Forces is the culprit here and either moving it out of the 25pt range in VK, easiest option, or making it not work with RB would essentially kill this spec from a raiding standpoint. I don't personally think this spec is working an exploit but I think we can agree that Atrius didn't forsee ths combo coming out. It's definately ******ily easy to play and while I'm pretty sure Flamespear is a DPS increase it could be argued that it's not even worth the bother when you are getting 30k hits from Reckless and DF combined on the norm. I will miss it's OP dps and surviability for a dps spec when they do get around to nerfing it though

Quote Originally Posted by Killian26 View Post
    AoP doesn't need to move because it doesn't make the spec what it is, it's just a nice bonus. Destructive Forces is the culprit here and either moving it out of the 25pt range in VK, easiest option, or making it not work with RB would essentially kill this spec from a raiding standpoint. I don't personally think this spec is working an exploit but I think we can agree that Atrius didn't forsee ths combo coming out. It's definately ******ily easy to play and while I'm pretty sure Flamespear is a DPS increase it could be argued that it's not even worth the bother when you are getting 30k hits from Reckless and DF combined on the norm. I will miss it's OP dps and surviability for a dps spec when they do get around to nerfing it though
    I agree that "AoP", does not make the spec, but with out it you would lose so much from the 24 points in a tank tree, I dont think the spec would work.

And I have tried the rotation with and without Fsp, personally in a raid setting with movement to deal with, I keep it up. But, like you said in theory it may be better to just spam Reckless x3/Finisher.
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

I agree that "AoP", does not make the spec, but with out it you would lose so much from the 24 points in a tank tree, I dont think the spec would work.

And I have tried the rotation with and without Fsp, personally in a raid setting with movement to deal with, I keep it up. But, like you said in theory it may be better to just spam Reckless x3/Finisher.
    flamespear is a dps increase (and you generate less aggro when you use it).
    IMO the real thing to do if you want to fix this spec is to remove the bug that makes chloro's aoe heal increase your pacts.

Well it needs the 24pts for Quality Care to make it truly work but yeah

Shadowlander

61 RB, 15 Temp, 0 Para works fine for me as ranged dps build. And for AoE it's probably one of the highest, since Fork + Rift Spear is totally nuts AoE damage.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Stizok View Post
    61 RB, 15 Temp, 0 Para works fine for me as ranged dps build. And for AoE it's probably one of the highest, since Fork + Rift Spear is totally nuts AoE damage.
    there are several variants of ranged specs that work well, 61 tempest is parsing just fine. 51 rb 23 champ 2 tempest is going to have great melee and decent ranged. 51 rb 25 tempest is good for ranged too. but to be honest 52 rb 24 vk is fine because of the mitigation you gain you can pretty much derp thru any anti-melee abilities. so disconnects are at a minimum.

+ Reply to Thread