+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Paragon - RB - Champ (Yet another 61 Paragon build)

  1. #1
    Ascendant Pines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Paragon - RB - Champ (Yet another 61 Paragon build)

    Had a lot of folks asking about this build so here's what I've been using. I hesitated on posting until the ICD on shifting blades was reduced.

    ParaChomp

    61 Paragon / 8 Riftblade / 7 Champion

    The Build:

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7gI/3kllayGGGli/2gg

    The Macros:

    Code:
    #show Strike Like Iron
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike Like Iron
    cast Reaping Harvest
    Code:
    #show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Death Touch
    cast Swift Strike
    The Rotation:

    (SLI) - SM - OtS - SB
    FS - RW - RH (CF - RH)
    SavSwp - RW - RH
    DT - RW - RH
    SS - RW - SLI

    SM - OtS - SB
    FS - RW - RH
    SavSwp - RW - RH
    SS - RW - RH
    SS - RW - SLI

    Repeat

    Substitute Final Blessing for Rising Waterfall sub 30%.

    SLI - Strike Like Iron
    SM - Setting Moon
    OtS - Open the Stream
    SB - Shifting Blades
    FS - Flamespear
    RW - Rising Waterfall
    RH - Reaping Harvest
    CF - Combat Focus
    SavSwp - Savage Sweep
    DT - Death Touch
    SS - Swift Strike

    The Parse:

    13.7k+



    Parsing was done self-buffed with a 235.x dps mainhand and 211.x dps offhand.

    Conclusions:

    This build doesn't require the uptime on BM bleeds as other variants and flows quite nicely. It has fantastic initial burst due to the SB proc on RW + RH + (CF) RH. It may still have room for improvement; I'm not perfect and any suggestions are welcome. As an aside, 61 Paragon specs love Crit Power and I'm stacking it as much as possible.

    Apologies for not replying to the PM's about this spec earlier; cheers.
    what is this I don't even

  2. #2
    Soulwalker CiroKhaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Why do you not macro SB in the finisher macro below SLI?

  3. #3
    Ascendant Killian26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    cause the CD's wont line up for CF when needed most likely

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    When you say self buffed which stones and pots did you run?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  5. #5
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Just a thought, but what bout 9 RB (1 pt in fiery burst) and using combat focus to drop a fiery burst?
    How would the damage compare?
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  6. #6
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Just a thought, but what bout 9 RB (1 pt in fiery burst) and using combat focus to drop a fiery burst?
    How would the damage compare?
    Ignore that... but yea, Fiery seems to be a DPS increase over RH.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Kryoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Ignore that... but yea, Fiery seems to be a DPS increase over RH.
    Edit: nevermind, clarifying that you ment swapping another reaping harvest deeper in the rotation not the SB proc Reapings.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 12-20-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

  8. #8
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dementic View Post
    The extra reaping means you have 2 reaping harvest and 1 rising waterfall proc your shifting blades. Still a dps gain when you are forced to proc the 3rd SB with a SS.
    Yea I got that, was just a derp moment, but yea, repace one RH every 15sec with Fiery, and you're golden.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Kryoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Pines, can you post your full stats for that parse? Guessing next to BiS core and full runes/conquest perks. I was only pulling 12.6k with a raid 1h but missing readiness 3 and using a pretty bad core. Also, ****ing RW clipping.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 12-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple windspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Thanks for posting this.

    Flamespear doesn't remove an sblades counter?? RW RH RH? Are there other builder options that also do not remove an sblades counter? me gusta.

    this means need try 61para/8rb/7bm

  11. #11
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windspin View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

    Flamespear doesn't remove an sblades counter?? RW RH RH? Are there other builder options that also do not remove an sblades counter? me gusta.

    this means need try 61para/8rb/7bm
    Any DOT will not remove shifting blades. Savage Sweep, Open the Stream, Flamespears... I havent tried death touch, but I'm 80% sure it doesn't either.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Laanshor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Any DOT will not remove shifting blades. Savage Sweep, Open the Stream, Flamespears... I havent tried death touch, but I'm 80% sure it doesn't either.
    I think people misread the change to FS not having a direct damage component anymore. I know some guild mates who've asked similar questions.

    DT does consume SB charge, the caveat is that it uses the charge when the timer on DT ends, not when the debuff is placed.
    Last edited by Laanshor; 12-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    DEEPWOOD US
    Visit us here.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laanshor View Post
    I think people misread the change to FS not having a direct damage component anymore. I know some guild mates who've asked similar questions.

    DT does consume SB charge, the caveat is that it uses the charge when the timer on DT ends, not when the debuff is placed.
    In the above rotation, DT will line up with SB assume you have 0 lag.
    You can switch SS and DT around at the bottom of the first rotation to make sure DT procs SB, but then you won't be able to use the macro - perhaps a modifier adjunct to it.

    Also, wouldn't macroing SLI with SM be better? and SB and RH together?
    Just seemed, for me, less buttons to press and more fluid to play.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 12-21-2012 at 12:42 PM.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Kryoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    In the above rotation, DT will line up with SB assume you have 0 lag.
    You can switch SS and DT around at the bottom of the first rotation to make sure DT procs SB, but then you won't be able to use the macro - perhaps a modifier adjunct to it.

    Also, wouldn't macroing SLI with SM be better? and SB and RH together?
    Just seemed, for me, less buttons to press and more fluid to play.
    #show Shifting Blades
    cast shifting blades
    cast reaping harvest
    cast flamespear

    #show Strike Like Iron
    cast strike like iron
    cast reaping harvest
    cast setting moon

    #show Combat Focus
    cast Combat Focus
    cast reaping harvest
    cast Savage Sweep

    I'd still keep Setting Moon on my bar.

    Macroing SB and SLI can cause rotation issues, mostly with disconnects and this saves you a key regardless.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 12-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

  15. #15
    Ascendant Pines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    No stones or vial. CP is just shy of 500.
    what is this I don't even

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts