+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: <2.1> 61/8/7 Paragon/Bm/Champ

Champion

Default <2.1> 61/8/7 Paragon/Bm/Champ

61para/8bm/7champ: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#58g/3kllayGGGli/7m4

Parse: 03:02 Expert Boss Prac: 13340DPS | Shunn 13340
    Images of the parse and breakdown: http://i.imgur.com/aNRp0.jpg <------- this was done only self buffs no consumables and raid 2hander

Stats:
    2949ap
    2126 crit
    321 crit power

Buffs:
    Alacrity
    Focus of Body
    Way of the river
    Way of the wind
    Unleashed
    Soldiers bearing
    Bond of power

Death touch/swift strike macro:
    #show Death Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Death Touch
    cast Swift Strike

Finsher macro 1:
    #show Strike Like Iron
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike Like Iron
    cast Shifting Blades
    cast brutal strike

Finisher macro 2:
    #show Combat Focus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combat Focus
    cast reaping harvest

Name Legend:
    SM= setting moon
    OtS= Open the Streams
    F1= Finisher macro 1
    F2= Finisher macro 2
    CS=cutting slash
    RW=Rising waterfall
    Sav=Savage strike
    DT/SS= Death touch swift strike macro

Start with 3ap always and open with SLI then rotation is as followed

Opening Rotation:
    SM>OtS>M1
    M2 (double tap for combat focus then reaping harvest when combat focus is up) <------- This opening rotation will not happen again unless you have huge disconnects and need to reapply all your dots
    CS>RW>M1
    CS>RW>M1
    CS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1(which will be SLI)

Main rotation after opening
    SM>OtS>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M2
    CS>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1(SLI)

Next Rotation w combat focus up:
    SM>Ots>M1
    M2 (double tap)
    CS>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>CS>M1(SLI) <----- note I did cutting slash there because there was only 1 sec if that before it was gonna fall off and I would not have had time to reapply it after finisher seeing how I wanna maintain Ots and SM next after SLI always. So there fore I waster an ap (which is not a big deal you will do that often from this point on) to maintain rotation and not let cutting slash drop..

From then on there is a priority to keep Cutting slash up at all times and NEVER let it fall off.. You will sometimes have to waste an ap before a finisher or even when you need to do a follow up to reapply CS.. simply do the CS then cont with what ever was next in your rotation. If savage sweep falls off that is no where near as big a deal just simply make sure to make it your next builder to reapply the bleed.

Note in the rotation I listed the timers left on the bleeds for savage strike and cutting slash are never 0-1 secs.. once you have to waste an ap on CS then the timer will be that.. It is ok to clip both savage and CS when they next in rotation.. that ensures all bleeds never fall off because brutal strike gains more damage the more bleeds active on mob..

Ots will always be about 0-1 sec left before reapplying this is the only dot that gets that luxury of lining up perfectly everytime.. You in theory can get the other ones line up perfectly as well... but that would have to call for no server lag ever and even at that point it is too risky to try so and take a chance for CS to fall off imo... If you find a better rotation feel free to let me know..

Any questions please feel free to ask me in game and I will do my best to answer them.
    Shunn-Warrior l Tabula Rasa l TODQ 4/4 l FT 4/4
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage
    FT 4/4 l EE 4/5 (Alt run)

For people that use Karuuls and want to use this spec, I made these a week or so ago to help me track the DOTs:

Open the Stream;1;T;player.target;1;F;F;T;Open the Stream;AFCAC9C7BD0074C28;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\combat_culmination.dds;827;820;6 0;60;1.25;1;;CENTER;1;;1;1;1;30;T;T;CENTER;45;T;7; F;0|Cutting 1;1;T;player.target;1;T;F;T;Cutting Slash;AFB586D4145A9CBE0;0;0;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\scrape3.dds;647;820;60;60;1.25;1 ;{stacks};TOPCENTER;1;;1;1;1;30;F;T;CENTER;45;T;7; F;0|Setting Moon;1;T;player;1;F;F;F;Setting Moon;AFB25175FA253FE98;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\nightstalker_01.dds;707;820;60;6 0;1.25;1;;CENTER;1;;1;1;1;30;T;T;CENTER;45;T;10;F; 0|F lamespear;1;T;player.target;1;F;F;T;Flamespear;AFE EB4C5DA0405C5D;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\critical2a.dds;567;820;60;60;1.2 5;1;;CENTER;1;;1;1;1;30;T;T;CENTER;45;T;7;F;0|Sava ge;1;T;player.target;1;F;F;T;Savage Sweep;AFE3FD2C6B1983E98;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\bleeding.dds;887;820;60;60;1.25; 1;;CENTER;1;;1;1;1;30;T;T;CENTER;45;T;10;F;0|Weapo n Fam;1;T;player;1;F;F;F;Weapon Familiarity;none;0;1;F;F;0;0;Rift;Data/\UI\ability_icons\weaponsmith1.dds;767;820;60;60;1 .25;1;;CENTER;1;;1;1;1;30;T;T;CENTER;45;T;1;F;0
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

This is very helpful! I am leveling a warrior outside of my mage main. I have a very proactive playstyle. I anticipate my dots falling off or my raid needing burst heals. I think this will be a fun spec with a nice karuuls setup to belp me be proactive in it. Thanks all.

Shadowlander

Hello, I made a build with 61 paragon, 8 riftblade, 7 champion.

Did you try it and how much does the bm version can outparse this one ?

Really like my RB version (wich seems also much easier), but if this one outparse by much, I may change my taste :-D

Shadowlander

I've been messing about with a similar spec and rotation on the dummy, about 12 k or so, but my gear is not as good as yours. I'll incorporate some of your stuff and see what I get.

Hooray, we now have a 13k ST dps spec for those raid standstill fights with no movement, target swapping or adds......I'm not removing my tempest spec just yet ;)

Shadowlander

is macro-ing the builder and the follow up still a dps loss btw?

Yeah, this works..better than rb variants ;)

At this point, we should have a sticky thread in this section outlining the 4 top builds, so people could access them easy.

61para/8bm/7champ (melee, top ST dps, stand still/low disconnect, interupt)
    51rb/23champ/2temp (melee, range, good ST dps, ok with disconnect, good AoE, NO interupt)
    54rb/22para/0temp (melee, range, good ST dps, ok with disconnect, good AoE, interupt)
    61temp/10rb/5para (Ranged, top ranged dps, medium AoE, interupt)

These are at this point, and unless more changes inc. will continue to be 'the' mainstay dps builds.

is macro-ing the builder and the follow up still a dps loss btw?
    You do NOT want to do this

there are 3 areas where u still can improve on.

#1, maximise SB dps, this includes using RH over BS for SB, the total DMG difference between BS and RH is about 15%, however due to BS having a really weak initial hit, it is better to use RH. also it is possible to have SB to tick on DT RW RH every 2nd sli cycle for example.
    #2, Using combat focus delaying sli cycle is garanteed dps lose. in your case,

SM>Ots>M1
    M2 (double tap)
    CS>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>CS>M1(SLI)

this can be rearranged to emphasize combatfocus usefulness:

SM>Ots>M1
    CS>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>CS>RH
    Combatfocus(SLI)

By rearranging it so, it is clear that the difference between with CF and without is adding an finisher at the end and delaying the rotation by 1s.

So when is this "worth it?", since u are already hitting 13k dps, this particular manouver need to do an effective 13k dps itself to be "worth it".
    Given the RH dmg and Crit rate, it is almost always a dps lose to use it like this, in a sense it is better to use Brutal Strike with combatfocus than RH.

#3, based on the analysize of #2, u do not ever want to "extend" rotation, with ur system this is unavoidable, this means u are pushing an extra builder and delaying the rotation, this results in a bigger dps lose than #2 every time u do, Note: u have a spot for an extra builder every 2nd sli when DT is on CD, as u realized by now u need to do more than 2 CS per 30s to keep it up always, that means ur best bet is to use this "slot" of extra builder when DT is on CD to apply CS and keep up the dots. however some other rearragement will have to take place as well. using CS over say SS every 30s is much less of a dps lose than pushing back the rotation.

--------------
    Extra: there is a small bug with SB where sometimes if used in following manner:
    SB -> 1 > 2 > 3, SB will not proc on 3, and proc off on the attack after it, aka in ur case savage sweep, this happens very rarely.
    Last edited by Sharogy; 12-16-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    there are 3 areas where u still can improve on.

#1, maximise SB dps, this includes using RH over BS for SB, the total DMG difference between BS and RH is about 15%, however due to BS having a really weak initial hit, it is better to use RH. also it is possible to have SB to tick on DT RW RH every 2nd sli cycle for example.
    #2, Using combat focus delaying sli cycle is garanteed dps lose. in your case,

SM>Ots>M1
    M2 (double tap)
    CS>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>CS>M1(SLI)

this can be rearranged to emphasize combatfocus usefulness:

SM>Ots>M1
    CS>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>M1
    Sav>RW>M1
    DT/SS>RW>CS>RH
    Combatfocus(SLI)

By rearranging it so, it is clear that the difference between with CF and without is adding an finisher at the end and delaying the rotation by 1s.

So when is this "worth it?", since u are already hitting 13k dps, this particular manouver need to do an effective 13k dps itself to be "worth it".
    Given the RH dmg and Crit rate, it is almost always a dps lose to use it like this, in a sense it is better to use Brutal Strike with combatfocus than RH.

#3, based on the analysize of #2, u do not ever want to "extend" rotation, with ur system this is unavoidable, this means u are pushing an extra builder and delaying the rotation, this results in a bigger dps lose than #2 every time u do, Note: u have a spot for an extra builder every 2nd sli when DT is on CD, as u realized by now u need to do more than 2 CS per 30s to keep it up always, that means ur best bet is to use this "slot" of extra builder when DT is on CD to apply CS and keep up the dots. however some other rearragement will have to take place as well. using CS over say SS every 30s is much less of a dps lose than pushing back the rotation.

--------------
    Extra: there is a small bug with SB where sometimes if used in following manner:
    SB -> 1 > 2 > 3, SB will not proc on 3, and proc off on the attack after it, aka in ur case savage sweep, this happens very rarely.
    Yea I gained some more crit power and I am now sitting at 461 wbich was giving me parses of 13.5-13.6k after a couple upgrades using my rotation.. I will play arou d with what you suggested and see hiw well that turns out for me. Thanks for the input.
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage

Telaran

I'll have to give your rotation a spin, I worked out something slightly different. I'm only pulling 11.x k, but then, I don't know what weapons you're using Shun. I have 2 211 1hrs, so I'm unsure if it's due to rotation or equipment.

For the opener I have been using this, ignoring DT/CF in order to keep timing, as well as get CS stacks up quickly for BS:
    SM > OtS > SLI
    CS > RW > SB
    CS > RW > RH
    CS > RW > BS
    SgS > RW > BS

Subsequent rotations are treating CF and DT as builder and follow up, to not disturb the overall timing:
    SM > OtS > SLI
    CS > RW > SB
    CF > DT > RH (this is SS > RW > RH when CF/DT are on CD)
    SgS > RW > BS
    SS > RW > BS

Using this rotation I've found the timing on CS stacks to roughly line up with the start of a new cycle, but awfully tight. To keep the CS stack from falling off, every few iterations, I trade CS and SM in the first two lines, like this:
    CS > OtS > SLI
    SM > RW > SB
    ~continue as usual.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rurlen View Post
    I'll have to give your rotation a spin, I worked out something slightly different. I'm only pulling 11.x k, but then, I don't know what weapons you're using Shun. I have 2 211 1hrs, so I'm unsure if it's due to rotation or equipment.

For the opener I have been using this, ignoring DT/CF in order to keep timing, as well as get CS stacks up quickly for BS:
    SM > OtS > SLI
    CS > RW > SB
    CS > RW > RH
    CS > RW > BS
    SgS > RW > BS

Subsequent rotations are treating CF and DT as builder and follow up, to not disturb the overall timing:
    SM > OtS > SLI
    CS > RW > SB
    CF > DT > RH (this is SS > RW > RH when CF/DT are on CD)
    SgS > RW > BS
    SS > RW > BS

Using this rotation I've found the timing on CS stacks to roughly line up with the start of a new cycle, but awfully tight. To keep the CS stack from falling off, every few iterations, I trade CS and SM in the first two lines, like this:
    CS > OtS > SLI
    SM > RW > SB
    ~continue as usual.
    You're not using combat focus right.. The point of combat focus is to get a finisher off in 1 sec.. I.E use it for SLI like Sharogy suggested or in my rotation it I being used for reaping harvest after shifting baldes has been used. Your rotation is the issue not the problem.. Another guildy has same weapons as you and doing the rotation i listed and is pulling 13k.

You should always start out as well with 3ap and lead with SLi and open up with SM>OtS>SB
    Also I m using the epic 2hander from Twins in FT
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage

Telaran

Thanks much. I knew that CF would make for a 1 sec finisher, but in order to keep timing/rotation simpler, I was doing it that way instead. I'll make some adjustments.
    Last edited by Rurlen; 12-16-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Just a quick question... what are your thoughts on vicious blow? Not worth getting and using? Seems it would hit hard with 5 bleeds up.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Havors View Post
    Just a quick question... what are your thoughts on vicious blow? Not worth getting and using? Seems it would hit hard with 5 bleeds up.
    I tested vicious blow and it is not worth using.. it would have to take the place of swift strikes in a rotation and swift strikes only hits ~ 400-500 less than vicious blow with 5 bleeds.. I'll take 9% crit chance for followups over 400-550 extra damage on one hit once every rotation
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast