Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ~Rain's BiS 1.6 Hotfix 2

Default ~Rain's BiS 1.6 Hotfix 2

Lol, I'm now going to name my updates in sync with the rift client updates. Awesome right? Thought so too.

NOTICE : NEW FILE. Please update your bookmarks, this version is using a new document.

Soo. What's new this time?
    A HUGE revamp to the entire tanking section. Some of you will have noticed the half done changes on the old version, where I kept screwing up my formulas, but everything is straightened out now in this new file.
    All tank gear in the main charts are sorted by BiS When equipped with the best pre-raid gear. That is to say, full planar conqueror's gear with crafted accessories. This is to represent the average gearing of most players who start to consider BiS lists with more interest.
    That said, to the LEFT of all item charts, is the same charts, but live sorted to match the BiS results of your currently equipped gear AND skills. So if you would like to get personalized lists, please follow the instructions on the HOME sheet to play with it yourself.

Special additions:
    Since the Ring and Essence section involves item which can be doubled over, I added some tweaks. The ring section has a SLOT 1 and SLOT 2 calc, each giving you the results based on the other equipped ring. The essences section I had alot of fun making. At the end of the chart, are columns with the EHP difference for each essence in each slot, again based on currently equipped essences. Better results get highlighted in green, while worse results are red, all made for easy reading.

ANOTHER NOTICE: These new formulas are MASSIVE. Should you print one formula at font size 12, it can fill 1.5 pages. So, gdocs really doesn't appreciate it when you play around and modify alot of things at once. GIVE IT TIME TO LOAD when you play with the gear eval sheet, or you risk crashing the document and having to wait while it reloads. I will be working on streamlining the formulas after the holidays, as well as releasing an actual downloadable Excel and OpenOffice version, which work alot faster with the formulas, however they lose the live sorting feature, which will have to be done manually.

No other major updates. Enjoy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...thkey=CIez5bMG
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Also, to reply to.. Vexxen, yes. Using BiS tanking essences is the preferred practice for most tanks when not using Resist specific sigils. As you correctly noted, Earth has the best essences for warrior tanks but others have solid essences also.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Took down the essence slot section for now, something isnt working properly.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

how do you change the gear so that I can see what my dps is?
    Iron Talon Gaming
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/irontalongaming

Read the instructions on the HOME sheet for how to change values.
    Last edited by MealRain; 12-23-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

No crushing runeshard for 2h?

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

Suppose i can just leave that spot empty and add in the armor assuming 100% uptime, carry on, nothing to see here.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

hmmz.. Crushing.. Yeah, I can get it plugged into the DPS calc, shouldn't be too much of an issue. Most likely after xmas though.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Soulwalker

Thanks.. great spreadsheet!!!
    Random question:
    Is the gear listed in the pulldown menus in order from best to worst or.. just random?

I'm happy to be able to compare different items as I get them, but it would be nice to be able to have a goal for what to aim at replacing as well... sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with the options!

Very Nicely done!
    Last edited by Hijati; 12-27-2011 at 04:20 PM.

the gear in the pull down menus is taken in order of the resorted tables on the left hand side of each item section. They will update to follow the live sorting's new order, from the results you've put into the gear sheets.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

Soulwalker

Lava Etched Knuckleguard

wrong stats ins your BIS list

Endurance +30
    Strength +18
    Dexterity +11
    Parry +17
    Hit Bonus +35

fixed, thanks.

Not alot going on for holidays, sorry guys. expect some updates next week or so.
    Warrior BiS author
    Retired Theorycrafter
    GM and RL of Ronin

a couple items to add to your lists (tank) that are not high end, but are above the bottom when
    plugged into the spreadsheet. sorry, dont remember exactly who they dropped from.

Hergen's Wall (somewhere in the new t2, lower version probably first boss)
    2916 def
    12 str
    11 dex
    26 end
    32 block
    30 hit

Tectonic Destroyer (Gun, also lower version of new t2 probably last boss)
    36 dps
    12 str
    12 dex
    25 end
    7 parry
    13 dodge
    28 hit

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    Because at some point you need to draw the line on the nice-to-have features, ship the game and pay the bills.
    4/4, 11/11, 8/8, r50

Rift Disciple

Way of Water is NOT BiS, look into this, as this trinket is absolute trash at its current state, being outperformed by Wind's Breath (by a huge margin) out of normal CC.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3330087
    Last edited by Focusv5; 01-04-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast