+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DPS Mathcraft - How damage works

Default DPS Mathcraft - How damage works

how Damage works

Weapons are Normalized to 2.75 (1H) and 3.8 (2H) attack speed

1 Attack Power = 0.15 Damage
    % damage increases affect the amount of damage you gain per 1 Attack Power, Affects the base damage of a skill and Affects the Base damage of the weapon

% damage increases stack addictively

Calculating how much damage you gain per 1 AP is simple
    0.15 * (Total % of damage increase)

IE
    0.15 * [1+ 0.40 (2H Spec) + 0.18 (Deadly Strikes) + 0.08 (Soldiers Bearing)] = 1 AP = 0.249 damage

Calculating Total Damage
    (Normalized Weapon DPS + [AP * 0.15] + Skill Damage) * Total Damage % Increase = Damage Done

Crits
    Damage Done * (1.5 + Crit damage increase)

Data can be found in (look past the first page)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...aft-STR-vs-DEX
    Last edited by Talamare; 03-22-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Rift Disciple

Any idea how the damage works for DWing weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastharl View Post
    Any idea how the damage works for DWing weapons?
    FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Forgot to check that

Ill do it tomorrow, but my guess is that the 2nd weapon is nothing more than a stat stick
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Rift Disciple

And in the case of the paragon ones that say strikes w/ 2 weapon type junk...

Telaran

I would highly recommend testing Backhanded Blow from the Beastmaster tree while dual wielding. Pay close attention to the combat log. The results may surprise you.

Come to think of it, I should've tested that with a 2h as well... oh well, I suppose I'll blame my desperate eagerness for *something* in the game to acknowledge you're wielding two weapons. If BB is doing what I think it's doing while DW'ing, it'd be a nice addition to every other ability. Yes, subsequent number tweaks would be vital. But it'd be nice for the OH's damage and speed to matter at least somewhat.

Other than that, it's just the common-sense approach, 44 points in Paragon with no TotFR, swap out an uber OH for a gray low level OH and see if the difference in damage is comparable to, or exceeds, the stat loss given the previous math.

Sadly, I think it will be comparable. But BB... maybe there's hope (setting aside the fact that it's still "broken.")
    Last edited by Bandage; 03-23-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Clarified 44 Para Testing

Soulwalker

To be clear, this effectively means, that if you want to know how much DPS you will gain from 1 point of AP, you need to perform a reasonable length parse of your typical rotation, find out how many swings cumulative between all abilities occur on average in a second, and then take that value and multiply it by0.15 * (Total % of damage increase), is that correct?

Do we know how this affects bleeds? Is the damage added per tick or just once to the entire ability so that the added damage is 0.15 * (Total % of damage increase)/( # of ticks )?

Do we know whether the 0.15 * (Total % of damage increase) formula works on all varieties of abilities? Say the attacks which are more than 100% of weapon damage? Does attack power affect the weapon damage portion of attacks at all or just a straight addition and where it says percent of weapon damage is exactly that? If it is just the damage of the weapon is that normalized by speed too or does weapon speed actually matter on those types of attacks?

Thanks for the help.

I just have one question.

how did you test to find your answer for 1AP = .15 damage?

I believe it's based off of ingame tooltips, but i thought it was 10% of ap, to dps. Unless the .15 damage is raw damage and not per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Phylo View Post
    I believe it's based off of ingame tooltips, but i thought it was 10% of ap, to dps. Unless the .15 damage is raw damage and not per second.
    Ignore the in game stuff, unless you really think your DPS is 38.

What I am curious about is this weapon normalization speed of 3.8.

So does this mean that DPS listed on the weapon is the most important thing? If I find a 2h weapon with a listed 2.0 speed and 50 dps (100 damage), would it would be better than a weapon with a 4.0 speed and 40 dps (160 damage)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurlin View Post
    I just have one question.

how did you test to find your answer for 1AP = .15 damage?
    By extensive testing, Click the link

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Ignore the in game stuff, unless you really think your DPS is 38.

What I am curious about is this weapon normalization speed of 3.8.

So does this mean that DPS listed on the weapon is the most important thing? If I find a 2h weapon with a listed 2.0 speed and 50 dps (100 damage), would it would be better than a weapon with a 4.0 speed and 40 dps (160 damage)?
    Yes

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Time doesn't matter because we don't focus on Auto attacks, we focus on our skills which work off and on a global cooldown of 1.5 seconds. so every skill is

Weapon damage/1.5=DPS

exact equation is more like

((WeaponHI+WeaponLOW)/2)/GCD+Ability damage=DPS of that ability damage use/per second

Yep, its raw damage

1 AP will give your skills exactly 0.15 more damage (currently all skill assumes a 100% coefficient ratio, there is no method to simply "check" what a skills coefficient ratio is without extensive testing)

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

ah yes, forgot about the 1.5 GCD, so that does make sense.

i hate to even bring this up, but that wont effect Off GCD moves like Re-actives and such.

I am quite curious, as a BM, to figure out how bleeds are effected by AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurlin View Post
    Time doesn't matter because we don't focus on Auto attacks, we focus on our skills which work off and on a global cooldown of 1.5 seconds. so every skill is

Weapon damage/1.5=DPS

exact equation is more like

((WeaponHI+WeaponLOW)/2)/GCD+Ability damage=DPS of that ability damage use/per second
    Every skill is
    Weapon Damage + Skill Damage + AP Damage = X * (1+Damage Modifier %)

Weapon Damage is the Min-Max of a weapon that has 2.75 (or 3.8) attack speed with the same DPS

Example - This 32 DPS 2H does 85-158 damage
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/EFCBACE3...te-Fleshreaper

If you use an ability that does exactly 100 damage with 100 AP and zero talents

Your damage will literally be
    85+100+15 = 200 for Min damage
    158+100+15 = 273 for Max damage
    Last edited by Talamare; 03-23-2011 at 07:21 AM.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

ah yes, forgot about the 1.5 GCD, so that does make sense.

i hate to even bring this up, but that wont effect Off GCD moves like Re-actives and such.

I am quite curious, as a BM, to figure out how bleeds are effected by AP.
    Ill check Bleeds and DW today

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast