+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shas
  • 2 Post By Bunnyla
  • 1 Post By Shas

Thread: 4.5 Bis rogue spec for leveling and world activities

Cool 4.5 Bis rogue spec for leveling and world activities

Bis rogue spec for leveling and pre-raid-activities

65-70 leveling and level 70 soloplay such as rifts and daylies.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GlllkGGyy|X_Pw

pros:
    + No windup, no downtime
    + 800k aoe farming on lvl 66
    + High mobility
    + Ranged
    + Doesn't need alot of Legendaries
    + Lots of cc and selfheal options
    + Learn important core mechanics for other endgame builds

Buffs:

Silver Tip Munition | Munition for Static Shock | Free Recoil | Ranged Combat Mastery | Curative Engine

Level progression & Legendary distribution:

Level 1-65
    Spoiler!

66 - Hellfire Blades
    -> You will use your Necrotic torrent with Hellfire Blades and point it in anyone's face. (see video)

67 - Calculated Shot
    -> You use one Calculated Shot which makes your Torrent tick double for 15 seconds. (140%more NT damage) and thus double the Hellfire Blade ticks. (see video)

68 - Rapid Fire Shot
    -> Calculated Shot + Rapid Fire Shot is now your opener on single mobs.
    - Continue with the Calculated shot macro -> 5 combo points -> Deadeye macro x3
    - Or you go over to Torrent + HFB on 2+ mobs
    - Chain Destruction has very good base damage and provides good st+aoe damage with the double tickrate (instead of Swift Shot spam)

69 - Free Recoil - Start of a basic rotation
    -> Your Empowered Shot is now off gcd making you able to open with:

- Deadeye macro x3 (Empowered Shot - Deadeye Shot - Empowered Shot) = one second
    - CS macro x1 (Calculated Shot +Hellfire Blades) = one second
    - Rapid Fire Shot = three second channel
    - Deadeye macro x3 (Empowered Shot - Deadeye shot - Empowered Shot) = one second
    .. and elites should be dead
    You see those suddenly turned into alot of hard hitting shots in a short timeframe.
    - Continue with the Calculated shot macro -> 5 combo points -> Deadeye macro x3
    - or you go over to CS + Torrent + HFB on 2+ mobs

70 - Curative Engine (low gear)/ Empyrean Bolt (when more confident)
    -> From your leveling experience you now either choose Curative Engine for 100% more healing from your passive Core + healing when using Empyrean Bolt (in builder macro) OR legendary Empyrean Bolt which reduces the Cooldown from any ability.

(macros below)

Use Necrotic Torrent with Hellfire Blades (and Calculated Shot) to oneshot groups of mobs. There are 10 elite mobs on Vostigar? - may takes you seconds.
    Oneshot single mobs with legendary Rapid Fire Shot.
    Get a dps meter and have fun in Celestial Adventures hitting your first million.

1) Deadeye Macro

#Show Deadeye Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Free Recoil

2) Calculated Macro

#show Calculated shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    //cast Empyrean Bolt
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Free Recoil

3) Keep mobs away from you while kiting

#Show Static Shock
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Shock
    cast Repelling Shot
    cast Twilight Force

Other useful abilities:
    Retreat | Jumps backwards far enough from melee combat to mount on
    Static Shot | Immobilises target for 5s, use it to evade raremobs or to deal with them
    On the Double | 5sec Runspeed which applies a shield
    Deaden | Interrupts blue casts and silences on succes
    Crossfire | Keeps groups of mobs on distance (don't use it in group content)
    Twilight Force | extra cc to evade / 10% dmg on non-bosses
    Swift Shot | one use increases your runspeed further

Selfheal options

1) -> Buff one or two Vampiric Essence (Planar attunement: Death)
    (After unlocking them in the Planar Attunement: Death, you will find them under P: Planar Abilities. Rightclick the spell. Your cursor will turn into a hand symbol. Open your charakter sheet with C (default) and leftclick your melee weapon. Your charakter should do a short cast and Vampiric Essence should appear with your buffs.

2) use Planar Variation (65' mastery) as broken op aoe channel with leg. Calculated Shot
    ; or on yourself to fully heal you once a minute.

1 minute might seems like alot, but you can fully heal yourself ever 5 RFS while on the move or in combat!

3) Find a lvl 70 player to group with you and activate Sidekick, your groupmate can go offline then as long as the group remains. This will provide you with a temporary levelboost to the zone's maximum (including virtual stats).
    This is quite a big deal as it grants you massive benefits without downsides.

from: Cadrift.net https://www.cadrift.net/gameplay/oth...d-sidekicking/

Unfortunately the only screenshot i took while leveling
    You will encounter several quests which confront you with hordes of enemies, those are now your fastest quests.

The philosophy:

Alot of levelspecs focus on sustained heals, alot of sturdyness or even pets to tank.
    This spec kills things so quick and efficient, that you have no problem questing on half hp and then top yourself up once a minute with Planar Variation. Remember this first quest which wants you to do 4 invasions before entering Skatherran Forest on 65? Those mobs can hit extremely hard but you aoe them down before they reach you.
    Here, we don't fight mobs - we kill them. Spending half a minute less per mob + easily avoiding fights we don't need (rift's experience for mob kills is almost non existent) will add up MASSIVLEY in time saved and allow you to do 65-70 in two gaming sessions.

When **** hits the fan (HFB are on downtime), you keep meleegroups on distance with Crossfire while backing off and ''kite them'' (while interrupting etc).
    An ideal situation to get used to alot of mechanical skills you will need on endcontent aswell, such as strafing, jumpstrafing and ofc the MM/ tactican mechanics. But most Importantly it is based on you trusting in yourself.

Q: Why not Bloodhound for VP Daylies?
    A: DS dmg is atrocious and then you fire a 10/20mil rfs on a 3mil target, being slower in the end. The Destro builds need a certain time to unfold, in which the 61mm may has already killed two+ mobs.

Q: My damage suddenly dropped and i take more damage.
    A: You may reached a zone's maximum level which made your Sidekick turn off. Just head to the next higher zone and maybe come back to your current zone later. Make sure that your current level does not match a zone's maximum level (displayed on the worldmap).
    Also: Your Buffs may have runned out.

Q: How strong is it really?
    A: You can run 2.5million aoe dps in Celestial adventures on level 67 no problem and (literaly) SPEEDRUN Greater lvl 70 rifts in under a minute. Vampiric Essence is based on your damage done which comes quite at hand on a damage focused build.

Q: How about PvP?
    A: Healing in pvp is dreadful and your Curative Engine might only tick for 500 health. If you use it smart, stay at range and play into it's strenghts, 61MM is a viable option and HFB+Nectrotic Torrent will do significant damage to clumped up enemies. Do not rely on any selfhealing to stay allive though- rather disengage early before getting focused down.

Q: The Eternal Weapon is said to be essential in PoA. What about this one?
    A: Hellfire Blades still scales as Weapon buff- which makes it ignore the Eternal Weapon and scale off your raw Weapon damage above everything else. Besides the selfheal boni, Rogue is the second most Eternal- Independent class- which explains why top lvl 70 mechanics and abilities still work when mentored/ in pvp, where the Eternal gets automatically disabled. This also means that you only need enough hit and maybe some hp to become a powerful asset to any group right away.

no excuses, you are the captain now

But i am free to play, what do i do now?

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...L80AkGlllkGGyw

Instead of Necrotic Torrent, you can use Crossfire for the HFB aoe part
    Also, the doubbletime Cadence channel generates alot of Combo points - resulting in more Deadeye- and Empowered Shots. + Motif of Bravery gives a decent amount of bonus Attackpower and can be freecast before every fight.

Unique macros:

Singletarget 'spammer':

#Show Calculated Shot
    suppressmacrofailures<
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Cadence

Aoe option:

#show Crossfire
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Hellfire Blades
    cast Crossfire
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

Buff Motif of Bravery (Bard) before attacking something (provides ALOT of bonus stats)
    Last edited by Shas; 06-24-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Nice Guide

Thanks for the guide. I was running 61 Ranger up until level 66 where I hit a wall. Neither the DPS or survivability was cutting it anymore. This build has been working great for me so far, and it only gets stronger each level as I get new Legendary skills. I'm impressed with the amount of AoE this build can dish out with just Hellfire Blades + Necrotic Torrent.

Would love to see any other build guides you make for other Souls, Roles, and even other Callings. Thanks again!

This looks like a fun build that I want to use, but I am back from over a year of not playing. Could anyone spend a few minutes highlighting how to use this build please? Maybe rotations etc.

Thank you in advance!
    Revosa - Purifier | Sentinel | Warden
    <Afterdark>

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzil View Post
    This looks like a fun build that I want to use, but I am back from over a year of not playing. Could anyone spend a few minutes highlighting how to use this build please? Maybe rotations etc.

Thank you in advance!
    I was hoping the written down level-to level heads up under Level progression & Legendary distribution would be enough but ..

Jeah good point, i might try myself on some video for it
    Last edited by Shas; 01-20-2020 at 03:35 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Yes please Shas!
    <Afterdark>

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzil View Post
    Yes please Shas!
    eeeeeh
    4.5 Bis rogue spec for leveling and world activities-sweat2.jpg
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

That was so good thank you, just what I needed!!!
    <Afterdark>

+ Reply to Thread