+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4.5 'The Crocodile' high(est?) aoe dps

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Oh wow that's alot of passion for bombs. I'm familiar with shaman tx. missed the broken first half of 4.x

The question remains is: does it get the job done? :P

btw being bades on a few hard hitters doing huge dmg i wonder if leg. Empyrean shot may be a gain.?
    Sab was the core soul that supported Rogue hybridization at the time.

The bomb fix was both good and bad. Good because kids think that will stop rogue from having free strong cleaving in their single target specs. Bad because it killed a lot of hybrids and rogues still go MM and NB for single target with free cleave.

Empyrean Bolt could be a gain overall, but the gain will be slight as you are wasting gcds NOT AoEing and by the time you got your "cooldown savings" the trash are probably dead already. I stand with my view that AoE encounters are finished before 30s or shorter. And full on AoE specs like these are not very useful in this expansion... I mainly really use these to impress newbs in DRR trash phases. MM and NB will almost always be more useful than any of these aoe souls in this "meta" in the majority of the encounters.

Also I still think a well played Typhoon can rekt all aoe souls. But there are not many "pro" players left in this game nowadays.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Also I still think a well played Typhoon can rekt all aoe souls. But there are not many "pro" players left in this game nowadays.
    i just put together an old typhoon spec and some old macros , and give it a shot. Only 1 fast parse since i don't really play the spec that much.

8 lvl 72 dummy in dimension.
    4.5 'The Crocodile' high(est?) aoe dps-typhoon-whatever.png

Only downside compare to the flamethrower spec is if your tank take monsters out of your tsunami, you deal nothing , where this spec can pretty much target a moving pack.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 02-21-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    i just put together an old typhoon spec and some old macros , and give it a shot. Only 1 fast parse since i don't really play the spec that much.

8 lvl 72 dummy in dimension.
    Attachment 33706

Only downside compare to the flamethrower spec is if your tank take monsters out of your tsunami, you deal nothing , where this spec can pretty much target a moving pack.
    Thanks a lot for backing me up man.
    Yeah like I said I still believe we'll played Typhoon will just rekt faces.
    Typhoon do share the same weakness of sab due to ground aoe effect... Something flamethrower will work much more effectively.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-21-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default im recollecting the days I played

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Cloudmaker crits for nearly 1 million at 10 stacks of CM stack using my gear. It's little over 1 million with Piggy's gear (up to 8 targets). It hits plenty hard already.

Also taking L.FS means losing L.HFB its not worth it, also L.FS only realistically work on 1 target.

The parse you see is post- HFB nerf, but before the scatter sticky bomb nerf.
    HFB nerf is actually a buff thanks to Keyens...
    HFB used to proc on 1+7 targets, so up to 8 procs a tick. What Keyens did was he nerfed HFB to proc on 1+2 targets only to "normalize" the aoe damage to be inline with Reaver. Similarly Keyens normalized Bladedancer to 4 target aoe.

However Keyens HFB nerf actually also buffed it. HFB went from an "total of 8 target" aoe to" 3 target AoE per target hit". This means pre nerf HFB only procced maximum of 8 times no matter how many targets you hit, to 24 times if you have 8 targets present... so his HFB "nerf" actually tripled the HFB aoe output. HFB now essentially works on the same mechanics as VotPN for Shaman.

I assume you play multiple classes like me (I raided on all 4 classic classes hardcore) VotPN procs on 5 targets, using AS and SotM both hits 5 targets, this means on 5 targets each swing of AS or SotM will results in 25 procs of vengence of the primal north. This is also the reason why Shaman burst AoE is insane if you know how to play it correctly and each vengeance proc also gets eternal buff (not sure if it still does now).
    L.HFB now works the same way expect HFB now has a base of 8x3 = 24 procs per tick.

So ironically HFB damage got tripled, post HFB nerf.
    HFB used to be around ~30% the damage distribution and is also the reason why TtE was better than Repetitive strike as TtE provided little over 5% while RS provided 3.5%.

Keyens went on and nerfed scattered flurry proc, and fixed the double detonation on fragmentation bomb.

This means Piggy's variant should be a little better now vs Huangchingho (the one I played) version, assuming you can do cloud maker correctly (which is a pain in the ***).
    Piggy's version rely less on the extra procs from bombs so it's less nerfed, before the scatter flurry sticky bomb nerf/fix Huang's version has always been more superior.

That's why I said you can give it a shot. Piggy's version might be really good as cloud maker nukes so freaking hard, Huang's version works similarly but depends heavily on HFB procs, I just took Huang's version and facerolled 1 button and eliminated cloud maker completely ever since after the eternal weapon received the final upgrade I realized that the procs on HFB is so strong it more or less offset the damage lost from not using Cloud Maker and Planar Variation.

tl;dr bombs and ticks with eternal buff got severely nerfed since the guide, Nerf should be around 10% overall using huang version, and less using Piggy's.

ALSO Shaman aoe scales faster but caps out quicker, on 3 targets they get 9 procs, 4 targets 16 procs and max out at 5 target 25 procs, at 5 target aoe a well played shaman will still reck other aoe souls which required 8 targets to ramp up.
    There are also a few super scaling aoes that scale past 25 procs eg Champion's Chains of Death can go up to 40 procs in a single application as long as nothing dies since it's a delayed effect.

Hey. how you been. You know I really hated you when I played this game vigorously, but now I'm feeling so glad to see your name again - even though I can be seem silly lol.

By the way I'm not sure you checked it or not, If you check Finti's comment on my SAB thread, it was the best AOE spec as I knew. it was much better than mine or yours in my thread.

Of course it was long time ago. I don't know or care it still works well. haha. take care.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

If you want a god-tier aoe spec, try Bloodhound as it is a divinde breed of crocodile and bofo.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    If you want a god-tier aoe spec, try Bloodhound as it is a divinde breed of crocodile and bofo.
    quitted already long time ago lol
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

But still roaming the forums to see if the old crack has any new tastes? :P
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3