+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)

Cool 4.6 - 51MM'BOFORS rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)

51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)-bofors_51_paint10of10_2.jpg

intro

I leveled and geared up my rogue and was ashamed of the nightblade st dmg so i spent a couple days before sylvester to improve on that.

The result is a Rapidfire based mid range spec which (hopefully) can compete with Primalists.

It's basically about to get 5 Stacks of Legendary Dusk Strike, the bonus of leg Calculated Shot before firing off Rapid Fire Shot. If feels like loading and firing 12 rounds of a 40mm bofors gun so i called it that way.

51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)-2019-01-07_173911999.jpg

The spec

1) BOFORS pve
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...VkBiigy/yd|fXM

The following is for 1) BOFORS

51 Marksman for silver tip Amunitions and all the passive buffs on Rapid Fire Shot
    23 Nightblade for Heat Retention and Dusk Strike
    2 Assassin for Virulent Poison and physical damage

Legendaries:

mm
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Calculated Shot
    nb
    Dusk Strike
    Hellfire Blades
    assa
    Virulent Poison

Masteries:

61 - ANY

62 - ANY (Adamant Resolve)

63 - BOUNDLESS ENERGY (for an extra silvertip stack which is 6% dmg)

64 - THROUGH THE ETHER when going 100% single target in a raid, REPETITIVE STRIKES when planning to cleave in any way or going without raidbuffs.

65 - Free to choose! (As default you may run PLANAR CONSERVATION - with a Chloro you go Energy Manipulation but watch out for its 10 Energy cost while being close to 50% - if you really need to cleave you can go planar Variation, it does pretty much the same as in marksman but dont implement it into your default Rotation.)

pros:

+ Insanely high and fast ticks on Rapid fire shot (12x 1-2mil in 3 secs)
    + Very satisfying to play
    + Relatively easy to pick up
    + Gets you into Raids with less gear than MM
    + High controlability (delays and saving dusk strike stacks)
    + Good target swap (Barbed Shot as the only on-target ability - silvertip in this case is best applied by barbed shot and Rapid Fire itself)
    + Mobility of a Marksman
    + Interrupt, purge
    + interchangeable 65 Mastery
    + Not dependent on Hellfire Blades or other limited cooldowns such as Razor Beast (HFB is below 7% total st dmg)
    + Not dependent on Max eternal to deal good damage
    + 6second buildup doesn't suffer too much from slow archonts
    + Free to play

cons:

- don't get energystarved you may dance slitghtly above 50% all the time
    - ****ty aoe (unless you go Planar Variation which is 1min cd)
    - at least 5 Seconds per 12 seconds within 20 Meter range
    - Shooting on targets below 15-20mil hp is a dmg loss (bc they die too quick)

odds:

~It exceeds with high physcrit
    (~dusk Strike and Rapid Fire Shot have stupid sounds, also you may just get no animation doing RFS standing melee range) If someone can patch in a 40mm firing sound for RFS thatl be great

Rotation

opener: [HFB DS - DS - DS - DS - DS - CS - BE RFS] (HFB placement in the Opener so its cd matches with a RFS later on.

default repeat: DS - DS - DS - ES - DS - BS - DS - CS - RFS
    Reliquar/ Crit pots+RFS on every second RFS (RFS cd 12secs- crit uptime 15 secs)

To give the energy some time to recover from DS and keep the distance to the 50% mark.
    Feel free to experiment with the placement of Es Bs and Cs to your liking but i recomend putting them between the 3rd 4th and 5th DS still the priority is CS > > BS > ES

legend
    DS - Dusk Strike
    ES - empowered Shot
    BS - Barbed Shot
    CS - Calculated Shot
    RFS - Rapid fire Shot
    HFB - Hellfire Blades
    BE - Bull's Eye
    gcd - Global Cooldown - the internal cooldown after a gcd ability is used

*-> When in doubt it should do aprox 29% more damage than mm(with PV) st on same gear.
    With 1% Virulent Poison and CS% above BS%, RFS 75%+ total dmg with 75%+ crit'
    Also funny enough your total St dps is pretty much the same as one average RFS Crit+one average HFB hit. You will reach 80% of total st dmg with RFS when accessing 5% crit from a Prima or chaining Critpods
    On the commander when using a ranged spec with 100% potential (not RB or NB) you should end the fight with a st dps fairly simmilar to what you get selfbuffed on a dummy.
    Virulent poison below1% -> you cleaved
    Virulent Poison above1% -> you fked up somewhere

-> Use bull's eye when your omnox trinket proccs it will procc within the first seconds and its internal 1m cooldown will start when the effect is over which means you pop Bull's Eye 70 seconds after the first trinket procc since omnox can procc while firing off RFS and may not least into the next - also dont forget to unequip and reequip your trinket to reset the cooldown of it inbetween tests.

*-> Stand Melee if possible for better autoattacks

->Rapid Fire Shot lasts 3 Seconds and has a 12 Second cooldown which starts after initialy pressing it which means you technically have 9 gcds but in reality you can only fit 8 Abilities in before it is ready again

Macros

*#1 make your own !

#2 this is pressed for 3 gcd'S after your 5 Dusk Strikes if you need a simple version (not as opener)

#show Calculated Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Calculated Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Barbed Shot
    cast Hellfire Blades

#3 default to keep your Hellfire up - you can do that on any shot (unless someone found the sweetspot maxing HFB)

#show Dusk Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Hellfire Blades

#3 NOT your default RFS but only used as first and then every 70 seconds (every 6 RFS) also that way it will never danger to clip a RFS

#show Bull's Eye
    suppressmacrofailures
    (your crit pots)
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Rapid Fire Shot

If you find ANY improvement to make on that let me know!

*Advanced

2) BOSFORS PVE
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...Z9aAAx4/yq|fPw
    adaptation to delete hp on BOS adds 2nd and 3rd[don't use if you have proper cleavers and there are less than 5adds alive for PV]

51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)-rgbpaint.jpgRGB subvariants

3) RGB PVE DUNGEON
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...x4/wmy4ak|XLXM
    Scraped version back from the dead! Legendary Empyrean Shot makes RFS's more frequent while neglecting ES/BS
    ALSO you can pump out Necrotic Torrent in doubbletime (96 ticks in 3 secs) with Hellfireblades (~280 ticks) to deal with 'trash'.
    By far the easyest and recomended to pick up as new player! Manage HFB manualy for more aoe potential.

#show Empyrean Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empyrean Shot
    cast Dusk Strike

4) RGB PVP
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...10/wgEEG8|__Pw
    Need someone to test that for me tx- May go Strafe to soak up the rupts

*My only breakdowns on a proper encounter so far - that's why i was so dependent on your feedback to keep developing
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...06_1636382.jpg
    1st Bofors
    2nd 3rd Bosfors

SPECIAL THANKS
    to Zondron@Zaviel Missfortunka@Zaviel Killerloose@Zaviel and Vermillion@Zaviel for feedback and testing!

oddly enough this build is fairly close to that old post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...new-class.html

Here is a Video of a bofors (don't mind the music)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWCuxWYrLfc

If you want to donate plat feel free to hit me up im pretty broke! (3 donations so far Yay)
    sincerely Shascleric@Zaviel/Hierosolyma@Zaviel/Azuren@Zaviel/Jeru@Hailol

edit 08.Jan.19 It's been two weeks now since theorising about it and after alot of minifixes on the post this is the more guide-like version i will just leave for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)-bofors_51_paint10of10.jpg  
    Last edited by Shas; 02-19-2019 at 02:21 PM. Reason: paint skills 10/10

Lightbulb Advanced Sidenotes to the previous

You can go easymode and rotate Dsx5 ES BS CS RFS but that way you skate close to the 50% mark all the time, risk to starve on Bull's Eye and won't really be able to use Energy Manipulation (10(9) energy) whenever even having a chloro with cost reduce without risking to dip below 50%.

(Advanced)
    The streched out MM shots inbetween DS even the energyrestoration out since you can't relay on Boundless Energy to procc whenever you need it. Also i put Empowered Shot as first of the 3 MM shots so the 2 buffing shots are applied last before RFS and are up as long as possible in case the situation requres you to delay something (comander shield cast) and it combines the cheaper 'filler' shots with stacked up DS. [ES and Cs 22(21) ES 28(27) energy]. The rotation is ment to be used in the ideal case you have a chloro and need a 10 energybuffer to fire off Energy Manipulation frequently. Also chaining your abilities to hover slightly below 100 energy makes them benefit from Boundless Energy even more. You always want to start the 8gcd buildup block with 100 Energy. So much that its NOT WORTH engaging with a Deadeye Shot or Empowered Shot since the energy gets taken after the cast and won't reach 100 within 1 second.

Why so rushed about Eternal? 30k eternal on the RFS basedamage of aprox 430k results in a maximum loss of aprox 800k over those 3 seconds.

Luckily Hellfire Blades are for free. Trying to sync Hellfire Blades with RFS will end up having a 0.5 sec cd here and there on HFB while RFS is ready to go in that case you trade 12x 100k+ for delaying 4 ticks of 1mil+ or even risking to clip RFS having a 'finishermacro'. Also the 15 secs uptime of Hellfireblades will make it benefit from the quick ticks of at least one RFS everytime.

List of attempts to improve:

Strafe in the opener to get Virolent poison up for the firsr RFS: lolno any delay on rfs is a loss no matter the odds
    Lighningning Fury for the 10800 armor reduction: besides the straight dmg loss on the filler someone actualy has to test that on a live target

4% physical
    1m default crit 500k default noncrit @75%crit
    1040000 x 0,75 + 520000 x 0,25
    780000 + 130000
    910000 (average RFS hit)

4% crit
    1000000 x 0,79 + 520000 x 0,21
    790000 + 105000
    899500 (average RFS hit)

Thanks for the idea! The high default crit wins the race on the straight 4% physical tho. Those 2 spare points which find no real use in ranger and tactican are pretty much the reason the RGB build falls short behind bofors,
    (As reminder RGB with Smoldering Blades red, Silvertip Blue, Planar Conservation Yellow and Ranged combat Mastery Green lol with the options for 0 Tactican for more frequent RFS or 0 Ranger for Razor Beast the 2 spare points pretty much make the difference bc those 10k difference in average hits scale into 100k, 200k in raids; not to mention the default loss on empyrean shot dmg or Razor Beast downtime)

Someone may test the difference of the remaining 2 points spent in Murderous Intent or Ruthlessness ingame who is having better optimised gear (CP etc) since 4% crit is every 25th RFS tick having double damage -> since the crits exceed in a group and with 50% cp it's more than double the damage tho
    Last edited by Shas; 01-11-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Credit were credit us due

Personally I hate MM, but this...
    This is awesome

Many thanks for the hard work.

Just gave this spec a try and I must say, pretty sweet! no issue parsing over 1 million on the 72 raid dummy and I'm not even that geared though I have full eternal.

Easy rotation pattern, fun to play, easy target swap management, and high output! Nice job!
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Soulwalker

Absolutely great build. Thanks a lot for this one and the overclock paladin’

Tx, sweet doggo @Metsa

51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)-lolzingernasucks.jpg

Daily dose of intercontinental humor.

Soulwalker

Is it bad because i wanted some infos ? xD

Thanks again for making this spec and getting into the rogue guide section. Good job. I have not played it yet, but will check out it soon. Seen some other rogue's parsing with it! Pretty solid!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Soulwalker

Why not just 61 MM with hellfire blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Noncorp View Post
    Why not just 61 MM with hellfire blades?
    Nice troll

if not: be sure to read the main post again. What does MM61 with Hellfire Blades provide? A ranged st spec with cleave. what does bofors provide? A mid range st dps spec with 29% more st dmg than mm61. If you desperatly need cleave go Planar Variation (2 bofors vith Variation+ chanter are enough to deal with Liberator adds). if your raid wants you to go 61mm for cleaving trash, leave it. NB provides heavy cleave. Once a Minute. If you feel like spamming Chain Destruction it's up to you aswell. It's pretty much the decision between Reaver and NB, onbuttonCabba or Inquisitor, 61 Ele or 58 Ele, Onebutton or Primal Lord. If the group supports it you can play whatever you like. When the group needs you, you best fall back to a spec which gets the job done.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-14-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Default wtf

51MM 'BOFORS' rogue top dps spec (official) (repost)-2019-01-15_221909yy.jpg
    I have seen so many people playing it with the 64 mastery 'Through the Ether' and i fail to understand which person spreads the rumor of this Mastery being viable,- not only doen't it effect dot and weapon enchant damage and in result will never do 7% more dmg but in reality it mostly fails to reach 6% total dmg which it would need to at least be similar to 'Repetitive Strikes'.
    It fails to reach 6% staying on 5.6%-5.9% while not providing ANY bonus on Hellfire Blades thus is a dmg loss on HFB-PV. You literaly need to go 3 points into Unstable State just to make up for the Aoe loss of Ether.
    -> I understand that not everyone is ready to read the full post and many people may recieve a build from friends. Those friends please should et least go a little into detail before sharing information. Main reason im writing this is because some people come towards me with questions, which is fine, and ask me stuff which i already spent alot of time writing down here, which is not fine.

I did my homework and while it's been hell of a inacurate and complicated calculation TTE INDEED is a gain when using .51 on st ONLY. Swich to PS whenever you swich to PV. Got adapted in the OP - thanks to Maltie below
    Last edited by Shas; 01-24-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Naturally high crit specs perform better with TTE because RS damage calculations are done before any crits happen, which is why Bladedancer uses TTE and not RS, because RFS has such a naturally high crit rate I can see (albeit I haven't done any testing) TTE being better than RS for ST considering RFS is 80+% of the specs damage and it will have a very high natural crit rate

Fun fact: for 61 MM TTE and RS provide the exact same ST dps output and 61MM relies more on HFB procs, I haven't done any testing on this spec mostly because i've been busy with work and a little because I just care little for the game in its current state

Also never macro your crit pots with MM, Bull's Eye will put any relatively decent geared players well above the PC cap, you want to chain your crit pots/reliq/bull's eye to an individual RFS, so macros like this are misleading:

#show Bull's Eye
    suppressmacrofailures
    (your critpods)
    cast Bull's Eye
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Naturally high crit specs perform better with TTE because RS damage calculations are done before any crits happen, which is why Bladedancer uses TTE and not RS, because RFS has such a naturally high crit rate I can see (albeit I haven't done any testing) TTE being better than RS for ST considering RFS is 80+% of the specs damage and it will have a very high natural crit rate

Fun fact: for 61 MM TTE and RS provide the exact same ST dps output and 61MM relies more on HFB procs, I haven't done any testing on this spec mostly because i've been busy with work and a little because I just care little for the game in its current state

Also never macro your crit pots with MM, Bull's Eye will put any relatively decent geared players well above the PC cap, you want to chain your crit pots/reliq/bull's eye to an individual RFS, so macros like this are misleading:
    Thanks for the toughtful response!
    Over the weeks i made some comments but it seems that i failed to update the main post. The first version of the macros were made before actually playing it in a proper encounter (see notes in the end)- Latest experience shows: The first RFS does not benefit from Virulent Poison, still, HFB does not benefit from all the Critbonus MM provides for RFS in the skilltree. Eventho RFS having a natural high critrate, the massive crit damage bonus is such a DPS backbone that it's worth scratching the caps. BEye on first and chaining pods from the second up (which will have CD's, virulent poison but also HFB downtime). This way you gain from the initial Trinketprocc to make up for Virulent while also boosting HFB which Virulent doesn't. -> higher HFB% on the first RFS. [This chains up very good with Vindicator adds spawning 1 min into the fight and Beye being ready on 1:10 for PV HFB and again on 2:10 when the larger Robo spawns]

The latest ideal goes like this:
    (builder minus ES) BE RFS (builder) Reliquiar (RFS) (builder) (RFS) (builder) Critpods (RFS)
    RFS's 3 sec channel and 12 sec cd starting at activation makes 2RFs to benefit from a 15 sec Critpod. RFS seems to have no traveltime while also ignoring weapon animations.

I run PV on bos 2 and 3 every time [2)Bosfors] which greatly benefits from RS
    -> How about 61mm TTE vs RS on 50% cleave ?

On paper 6% TTE requires ~6.4% RS to match up RS in pure st, which means 5.9% TTE in total > 6% straight RS base bonus. STILL most encounter do not equal dummy parses and having a spec which you feel confident with makes up for alot more than you can hope to achieve with unfomfortable 0.x% calculations. More than on hours of math i based the last response on field testing and the simple fact that almost every person running Aetherical Masteries on a dex/strg spec fell short in dmg in a direct comparison so far even with (way) better gear. If you can provide a long time breakdown comarison of TTE RS with the same ability swings where TTE results in a 1% gain it gets inplemented in .51 bofors official while still getting swaped for RS when running PV if its below 2% gain. We are talking about 10k@1mil dps which also loses on frequent target swaps with more BS and on cleave.

Very special sidenote: Don't underestimate what i call the 'insipred bonus'. When you believe that a spec sucks you will do less dmg with it and the other way around. This also occours when simply refusing to die ingame or let someone die. There is a good chance by not blindparsing two variants you are slightly biased to sabotage yourself enough to prove yourself right without even noticing. Took me countless 10min parses to statisticly proof my mercurial on inq. - you somehow pull better numbers when you have fun and actually want to pull better numbers. Make your own macros, find your own playstyle and paint your car red. Red goes fasta.

Again i greatly appreciate the input and think about to patch your client.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-15-2019 at 05:35 PM.

All theorycrafting min/max aside, thanks for the build. I always hate going ranged as a rogue, but this is too much of an increase to stick with 61NB. At least it's not ranger ...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Soulwalker

Default Critpod?

I do see a dps increase over 61 marks, but not 29%, so I'm missing something.

What is a critpod?

When do I pop the reliquary of rage in the rotation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast